Herndon, VA
Students enrolled: 1,355

Posted November 06, 2014
My school is... the best. Think about anything, its their. Principal - been with us from the ground up, and advocates for a better education for all of us. He makes sure that we are successful, and recognizes us for our achievements. Teachers - amazing. We even have the teacher of the year , Mr. Shah. After school activities - very competitive, and there is one out there for everyone.

Posted November 05, 2014
I have been in Rachel Carson for two years already and time flies! RCMS is simply a GREAT school. I can guarantee that you will enjoy your time there. The staff members are great and the classrooms aren't overly crowded. You will surely make friends here because everyone is nice and sociable. There are also a lot of electives to choose from and the schedules are very flexible. Last but not least, the principal is very friendly. The room temperature is also usually perfect.

Posted September 08, 2014
Carson is a model for how a public school should operate. The facility is very well maintained. The teacher body is stable (low staff turnover) and highly effective across all departments, notably science, math and music. Whenever I visited the kids were respectful of the teachers and one another whilst still evidently having a lot of fun (they're only 12, after all). I had two kids go through Carson, one was a science nut and went to TJ and the other was a history buff and ended up at Oakton. Both were well-prepared for high school and thrived, thanks to the basis they had at Carson. I unreservedly recommend this school.

Posted June 21, 2014
Excellent school. Well run. Good communication. Safe environment. Kids were happy there, which says a lot for middle school. AAP teachers did a good job.

Posted February 01, 2014
My school is a very good school. It has many number of electives to choose from, and has many after-school activities. The teachers are very nice and cooperative with students. They don't overload us with homework, but don't give us less and easy homework either.

Posted June 18, 2013
Rachel Carson is the best middle school and I love it. The teachers are great and it is very safe!

Posted August 16, 2012
Great school. This is a very challenging time for kids, but RCMS made the transitions easy both to 7th grade and then later into high school. Really outstanding staff - particularly the math and fine arts departments.

Posted June 22, 2009
I'm a student at RCMS and the teachers were excellent! Starting from the beginning of the year, I always had C's. By the end of the year, all I had was B+'s and A's. This school helped me improved a lot. It also feels like family there. You make friends very easily and the teachers are very helpful. One thing I don't like is the in-between class time because you only get 3 minutes.

Carson Middle School 2

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted March 23, 2009

Carson Middle School
13618 McLearen Rd, Herndon, VA  20171
Last modified Carson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carson Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top