Posted June 20, 2014
This is my second review of Clearview Elementary since we moved to Herndon more than 3 years ago. Today was my oldest child promotion ceremony at Clearview and I do not want to tell you how many times I wiped off tears for seeing my daughter receiving 6 awards and certificates including President' Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence signed by President Obama! I still have one child in 4th grade and she is excelling in all subjects also. I know that my daughters work hard but believe me without the exceptional and hard efforts of Clearview's great teachers my children would not have been able to acheive that. I have to recognize the great Administartion represented by the Principal Mrs. Wilson and her assistants Mr. King and Mrs. Brown. Again, Clearview is that friendly and lovely community that you will absolutely feel comfortable to have them educate your little ones. Thank you Clearview Elementary!

Clearview Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2014
I went to this school from third grade to sixth grade for the gifted and talented program. My third grade teacher I didn't like and in all the years I only liked having my sixth grade teacher cause she was really fun and energetic. Over all I didn't love this school and it was worse than my first es but not horrible.

Clearview Elementary School 3

Posted October 07, 2013
Clearview's hard-working teachers are turning around its "Focus School" designation. Great students. Principal needs to do more to better model genuine commitment to a collegial team approach, get out of her office and lead collaboratively with teachers. Also needed is a principal who actually speaks Spanish (since 33% of students are Hispanic), and one who is very familiar with Hispanic cultures. FCPS should initiate a parent, teacher, community opinion survey this year and redistribute every few years. Analysis should be provided to all. More parent volunteers needed. Better commitment to PBIS check in and out support for more students suggested. There are many good specialists to help make this work.

Posted January 02, 2013
Great school. Teachers are very qualified and my child loves the school. Would recommend to anyone.

Posted December 15, 2009
Clearview is a neighborhood school. It has the feeling of family and provides a nurturing environment for all students. Yes some of the staff live in the neighborhood but certainly not most. Many travel from other counties. The previously mentioned principal has left the school and our new prinicipal shows great promise. I have never known such a caring group of teachers and support staff who strive every day to provide for each child. Unfortunately classroom size and the needs of children with little support at home gives the staff a phenomenal task. The feeling offamily they do provide for the children offers a great context for learning.

Posted October 24, 2009
Wonderful School. Small with personalized attention. Great teachers and great programs.

Posted September 11, 2009
This school is run by a principal who has no control over the teachers. If you are not friends with the teachers, PTA officers or live in the immediate neiborhood, don't expect your child to be noticed. Also, most of the staff and PTA do live in aformentioned neighborhood.

Posted October 01, 2008
Clearview is a great school. It is home for the very good Gifted and Talented program for the Herndon area. My child is involved in this program and has been able to take advanced math, along with more indepth science, history and English. It's been great. The school also has a HeadStart program and high quality special education services.

Clearview Elementary School
12635 Builders Rd, Herndon, VA  20170
Last modified Clearview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clearview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top