Herndon, VA

Posted July 18, 2015
The school has great, caring teachers. There is also wonderful community support. Children are challenged academically and the school has been focusing on STEM.

Posted October 30, 2014
Great teachers, library, extra curriculars and new playground. The students do very well. The special ed students receive a lot of extra help from very caring teachers and staff. Very few ESOL students so those that are there get great attention.

Posted January 04, 2014
We are very happy with Crossfield. We would never move and risk having to change schools! The teachers do an excellent job with differentiating instruction. The new administration is loved by staff, teachers, students, and parents. Lots of great extracurricular options. Good home for kids of all abilities, including both gifted and special ed.

Posted July 15, 2013
I recently transferred my daughter from another Fairfax County Elementary school to Crossfield Elementary. Since it was an inter-county transfer, I didn't expect a huge difference between the two schools. Boy was I wrong. The parental involvement at this school is outstanding and is what makes this school excel above other schools in the county offering the same curriculum. Donations and parent support has allowed this school to offer more enrichment courses and after school programs and to me, that is what makes this school stand out in the county.
2 people found this helpful

Crossfield Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2013
Unfortunately we've never really been impressed by the teachers (or administration) at Crossfield with either of our kids. Fortunately our daughter got into the AAP (GT) program at Hunters Woods. It's like a different world there, and yet only a mile or so down the road. Our experiences at Hunters Woods have been stellular; much less so at Crossfield. I'm sure in part it's due to the AAP program both as to our personal experiences as well as how the AAP program sets the tone for the entire school.

Posted June 04, 2013
Crossfield is one of the best Schools the kids can go to. Quality rather than quantity is key aspect of this school. Children are imparted quality education in a calm atmosphere. My children love it.

Posted December 29, 2012
The teachers and staff at this school are top notch. I have a great deal of experience in education, and Crossfield has been a blessing. They do an incredible job of challenging students and balancing and helping those in need. My own daughter has had an excellent experience in their advanced academics program. On top of that, even within the AAP classroom, there is differentiation and attention to individual needs, both for enrichment and remediation. A good friend of mine has two special needs children that received excellent, caring instruction, and accomplished things that a parent could only hope for from a public school. Again, I have a long background in education, and I would highly recommend this school to any family.

Crossfield Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2011
My child is a current 1st grader, the teacher is great, she's sweet and kind. My only wish is that the curriculum was a little bit more challenging. My child is advanced but they don't tailor to advanced kids. School is very clean.

Crossfield Elementary School

Posted April 24, 2010
Great students and teachers! Wonderful programs with lots of parent involvement!

Posted April 24, 2010
This is hands down the best elementary school there is. Teachers are great and there is low staff turnover. Kids are happy and learning. Loads of parental involvement. Couldn't be happier than to have my kids educated at crossfield!

Crossfield Elementary School
2791 Fox Mill Rd, Herndon, VA  20171
Last modified Crossfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crossfield Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top