Hopewell, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted July 24, 2014
Thanks to the combination of guidance received at West End Christian School and our support as parents we have a daughter that has the opportunity to do well in todays world. In the ten years she has been there as a student our day has never started with hearing that I do not want to go to school. When we pick her up after school she comes home with the same positive feeling. The interest in her academic gains and the advancement of her faith can be seen in the efforts of the staff. At times when when she needed help her teachers made time available even after school and gave her the confidence to do well. Do your homework and ask any parent with a child that has been there in recent years and you find a common satisfaction. Give your child the chance to be a successful student and person that can contribute to the world outside the class room by enrolling them at West End Christian School.

Posted June 04, 2014
Don't be fooled by all the smiling and Bible-thumping. There is a mean, evil spirit in this place.

Posted May 20, 2014
I graduated from this school and I am a adult now with a career and family. I can tell those reading this I had to take several courses through correspondence classes because West End did not have the staff to teach the subjects needed to graduate. I struggled and there was not a abundance of options for additional help or tutoring. The enrollment is expensive plus there are additional fees, no bus service, etc. If you are willing to pay for a private school for your child, go check out the larger schools. There are very limited extra curricular activities and sports here. They are just too small and don't have the funding. You get what you pay for so if you choose this school because it may be lower priced than other private schools, your child will pay a different price. I can also tell you that although it is supposed to be non-denominational, when I attended, I was shown anti-Mormon and anti-Jehovah Witness films on Chapel days and it was widely known here, not all Christian denominations were accepted here. This is fact. I have no personal interest or gain by writing this. I have graduated from here and moved on but it was a struggle that I wish upon no other kid.

Posted March 29, 2014
I have been going to this school for three years now and I love it. The teachers are great and want to help you as much as possible. Though we have minimum activities for the high school levels, the school tries their best, I know. The small classrooms let the students get more attention from the teachers. The teachers are funny and amazing!!!!!!! Oh, and the food is great. What's not to love?

West End Christian School 4

Posted January 06, 2014
I have three children enrolled at WECS in the elementary school and pre-k programs. It is a small, Christian school and the tuition is very reasonable. For children in their Pre-K and Kindergarten program you would be hard pressed to find a similar program at that price. The teachers genuinely care about the children and are very kind to them. Academically, it provides a sound education for the elementary and middle school children, I can't personally speak to high school. Compared to similar schools in the area, I think it is excellent. There are fancier schools in the Richmond area with more extracurricular options and fancier buildings and equipment but they cost at least twice as much. If you are looking for a good, safe place to send your children for a quality education then WECS is a good option. There is definitely room for more parental involvement, so I hope more parents will choose to get involved.

West End Christian School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
High school is mediocre in extracurricular activities. They also have a very poor guidance program that does not help students who are trying to get into college. This school is money hungry, and caters to those students whose parents give a little extra money to the school. The teachers are good which is the only reason that I will give this a two star rating.

Posted October 05, 2012
I attended West End many years ago and I loved it, but the West End of years ago is no longer the same school. I am sadly dissappointed at what I have experienced recently in dealing with this school. They do NOT treat each student equally.........there is favoritism, unfairness, and unchristian ways of handling situations......unfortunately at the expense of the "unfavored" student. Thankfully, I am a Christian and I know that God knows the truth in every "situation", and I have given it up to Him . I can no longer recommend this school!! G

Posted February 06, 2012
Out children have been attending West End Christian School for the past several years. It is a wonderful school, with great leadership, teachers and friendly staff. The teachers emphasize getting the know the children on an individual basis and working with them on their strengths and weaknesses.

Posted February 06, 2012
WECS has re-structured itself over the years bringing it to a point of offering a qualified, caring, and positive environment for our children. This is our second year at WECS and it has only progressed in a positive, family-friendly environment offering the ability to meet the individual needs of the children, small class sizes and teachers who take time to work with each student and maintain a positive and open line of communication with the parents. They have implemented a foreign language class for students to include elementary grades, several learning techniques which offer a way of learning for all students, and several extra-curricular classes/after-school programs. The school offers a large variety of field trips to coincide with the lessons being taught and to make learning a fun and enjoyable task, instead of a more mundane approach. We've been very pleased with WECS and encourage anyone to stop by and take a look for themselves. The teachers and staff are very approachable; they care about their students and offer a good education for students. There is a lot of family involvement in the school which only betters the education and well-being of the students.

Posted October 17, 2011
Great school! Sent three children all the way through this school. Graduated and went to college. College has been a breeze for them. Oldest is graduating this year.

West End Christian School
1600 Atlantic Street, Hopewell, VA  23860
Last modified West End Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
West End Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top