PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 24, 2016
The teachers at the school really care about their students and will stay after school to help the students. They work closely with parents and students to help the child learn.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 24, 2016
Sometimes it seems like there is too much homework, but that teaches the students to prioritize their workload.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 24, 2016
Students are required to take more classes than public school. Students will graduate with 28 to 32 credits in 4 years. They take 8 classes a year in high school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 24, 2016
Students in 6-12 grade are required to do community service for part of their Bible grade. This is an excellent way for students to help their community, learn what needs there are in the community, and it gives them work experience.

Posted February 24, 2016
Smaller classes, great teachers. Teachers really care about the students. My daughter was bullied at her other high school, but here, she is welcomed by the other students. She even went out for the basketball team this year. She has to work harder at this school to get good grades, but the teachers are there to help all students. She enjoys going to school and she has made new friends. I am glad we put her in the school. I really like the idea of uniforms. Khaki or blue pants, skirts and polo shirts make the students look nice. I would recommend this school to all parents.

Posted December 15, 2015
We love West End! I went here as a child in the 80's and my daughter attends now.

Posted July 24, 2014
Thanks to the combination of guidance received at West End Christian School and our support as parents we have a daughter that has the opportunity to do well in todays world. In the ten years she has been there as a student our day has never started with hearing that I do not want to go to school. When we pick her up after school she comes home with the same positive feeling. The interest in her academic gains and the advancement of her faith can be seen in the efforts of the staff. At times when when she needed help her teachers made time available even after school and gave her the confidence to do well. Do your homework and ask any parent with a child that has been there in recent years and you find a common satisfaction. Give your child the chance to be a successful student and person that can contribute to the world outside the class room by enrolling them at West End Christian School.

West End Christian School 1

Posted June 04, 2014
Don't be fooled by all the smiling and Bible-thumping. There is a mean, evil spirit in this place.

West End Christian School 1

Posted May 20, 2014
I graduated from this school and I am a adult now with a career and family. I can tell those reading this I had to take several courses through correspondence classes because West End did not have the staff to teach the subjects needed to graduate. I struggled and there was not a abundance of options for additional help or tutoring. The enrollment is expensive plus there are additional fees, no bus service, etc. If you are willing to pay for a private school for your child, go check out the larger schools. There are very limited extra curricular activities and sports here. They are just too small and don't have the funding. You get what you pay for so if you choose this school because it may be lower priced than other private schools, your child will pay a different price. I can also tell you that although it is supposed to be non-denominational, when I attended, I was shown anti-Mormon and anti-Jehovah Witness films on Chapel days and it was widely known here, not all Christian denominations were accepted here. This is fact. I have no personal interest or gain by writing this. I have graduated from here and moved on but it was a struggle that I wish upon no other kid.

Posted March 29, 2014
I have been going to this school for three years now and I love it. The teachers are great and want to help you as much as possible. Though we have minimum activities for the high school levels, the school tries their best, I know. The small classrooms let the students get more attention from the teachers. The teachers are funny and amazing!!!!!!! Oh, and the food is great. What's not to love?

1600 Atlantic Street, Hopewell, VA  23860
Last modified West End Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12