Bad
Good

Posted October 06, 2014
I just found out that Hopewell High School is fully accredited! Congratulations to all of our teachers, staff, and especially students. You represent our community very well! Keep up the great work!

Hopewell High School 1

Posted March 06, 2014
Horrible. More than half school population gets reduced/free lunch. SOL's are far under the national average. Check the facts and tour the school BEFORE you enroll your children to ANY of Hopewell's schools. Ask questions, talk to residents of the city who's children have attended.

Posted January 18, 2014
Excellent school! Many extra curricular and sport activities. Love their Robotics program! Like in any school, you get what you put in it! Students who put effort excel, many good teachers and great staff. Recently renovated building. Lots of technology in every classroom.

Hopewell High School 1

Posted November 26, 2013
Not much has changed. The school system does barely anything to stay within regulatory means. Turns a blind eye to bullying, treating it like "Survival of the fittest". Amazes me a town along a river puts forth such low effort and has low value.

Posted March 20, 2013
My Son has been in HHS going on two years now we are a military family not from here. He is in jrotc the school,teachers have been great to my son and he loves it. We will be moving this summer but I know he will miss this school.

Posted December 19, 2009
I think this is a school that you get what you put in it. There are many great programs, like the robotics program, that is great! Many excellent teachers and a few bad ones too. I am very satisfied with my childs education. He has earned college credits and has a clear picture about his future Thank you Hopewell!

Hopewell High School

Posted July 17, 2009
I am not pleased with the Hopewell school system. I feel that they focus more on SOL testing than preparing them for higher learning. As a parent that's where the additional involvement comes in.

Posted November 27, 2007
I was more than pleased with my son's education at HHS. He graduated in 2007 and was awarded $45,000 in scholarships. I would like to think that was in part due to the teachers and the administrators. I would also like to think I did my part as being an involved parent.

Posted September 10, 2006
All i can say is everything about this school was great. I graduated in 2006, thanks to all my friends, teachers and coaches.

Posted June 02, 2006
This is an excellent high school with a diverse student body. Hopewell High was just recognized for the second year in a row as one of the few outperforming school districts in Virginia by Standard and Poor's. Read the facts - it is a very effective school. I am proud to teach at HHS!

Hopewell High School
400 S Mesa Dr, Hopewell, VA  23860
Last modified Hopewell High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.