Hopewell, VA

Patrick Copeland Elementary School 5

Posted September 03, 2014
Patrick Copeland is a great school. The staff is well qualified and very caring. My son has attended for four years and loves it.

Posted November 26, 2013
Not much has changed. The school system does barely anything to stay within regulatory means. Turns a blind eye to bullying, treating it like "Survival of the fittest". Amazes me a town along a river puts forth such low effort and has low value.

Patrick Copeland Elementary School 5

Posted November 25, 2013
My kindergartner is doing great in this school and from everything I have seen they have great teachers.

Posted March 20, 2013
We are a military family our child has special needs and this is her second year in Patrick Copeland. Since she has been in this school we have attended meetings to discuss ways to better our child's education. She is coming home crying I feel like my child is being punished for not understanding her work also, being bullied by other children some of the teachers act like they have no feelings for the children I would not recommend this school to anyone I will be glad when this school term is done my child will never come back to this school.

Posted November 12, 2011
I have three children and have had experiences with two other elementary schools, Tussing in Colonial Heights and Enon Elementary in Chester, both were superior to Patrick Copeland in every way. We've been here for three months and I am anxious to get out ASAP. My daughter is a straight A student, but isn't challenged. There is very little homework and she is in 2nd grade. I am also talked down to by the staff, they are on the defensive even when requesting if I pick my daughter up rather than her ride the bus home. I thought I was imagining it at first, but it's been the tone more often than not. I work in customer service, so perhaps I'm more sensitive to it than most. I am often taken aback by the general attitude.

Patrick Copeland Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2009
Both of my children attendend Patrick Copeland School K-5 (one from 1998-2004 & one from 2003-2009). I am very pleased with the education that my children recieved and attribute their continuing success to the strong educational foundation they received from PCS. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who has a child in grades K-5. We had a great experience and will miss the teachers and staff at PCS.

Patrick Copeland Elementary School 0

Posted June 20, 2008
My two children were at this school in kindergarten and I got a reports from their teachers daily on what kind of a day they had. They also sent home work in a special folder o thtatthat I know to look for . May this parent didn't bother to do thath

Posted March 11, 2008

Patrick Copeland Elementary School 0

Posted November 23, 2007
My son has gone to PCE since first grade and we've had an excellent experience thus far. The teachers and the principal truly care about the students. We're headed for middle school next year.

Patrick Copeland Elementary School 3

Posted November 21, 2005
We are a military family from out of town. This is my kids second year going to this school. 2004-2005 year was read good. I believe in discipline and I am a discipline person myself. My biggest problem with this school is alot of the teachers doesn't seem or show to care for the children. I really don't know why some of these teachers teach. This is the worst school my kids has ever attended. Hopefully next year we will be gone.

Patrick Copeland Elementary School
400 Westhill Drive, Hopewell, VA  23860
Last modified Patrick Copeland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patrick Copeland Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top