Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Good teachers make good schools! With only one exception, all teachers have been responsive, knowledgeable, and polite. In particular, we like that the teacher challenge the students with just enough schoolwork/homework. I know other parents of elementary school students that go home and there is no homework or special projects. That is a shame because homework is a part of school, and when you move on to middle/high school and college, homework and projects are a fact of life. Overall, we are happy with this school.

My children have received Distinguished Honor Roll for this school year and we are happy with the teacher communication.

We had a terrible experience at Sealston. No communication, kids were allowed to be completely out of control. I even understand that my daughters Kindergarten teacher was fired at the end of the year because her classroom was so poorly run. It's really a shame because that is her Kindergarten memory and it's awful- she's much older now and remembers Kindergarten with disdain. I hate leaving a poor review because I did like the principal at the time, but in the end I pulled my kids out and home-schooled until we moved out of the county.

This is our second year at Sealston. If I could do it over, I would spend a few extra bucks and move a few miles up the road to Stafford County. Sealston and King George Schools are horrible. Sealston has not been able to pass the standardized tests. They are way behind other school districts Please go to the Virginia Education website and reveiw the SOL test scores. No, all students are not failing. However, if you have a child who's excited about learning...they will not be after attending this school. The child will end up wth an attitude of "just getting by". I can't speak for all teachers but the two we've had were terrible! They don't motivate the kids unless they are taking the Standardized tests. Also, the school is not diverse. I hope it get's better or I'm going the private school route.

Sealston did a super job with my kid. His teachers were great, and the school ran well. They have high expectations for the kids, and the kids respond well.

My girls started at Sealston when the oldest was beginning 2nd grade (now 4th) and the youngest is now in 1st. I have had great experience with the teachers, staff and fellow parents in this school. As far as the safety of the children, I firmly believe that Sealston has excelled in my book. The first year there their non custodial father took "court papers" to Sealston and tried to convince the staff to dismiss my child to them. The safety of my children has never been questioned at Sealston. The staff are all very happy to deal with the split family situation and protect my children as needed. The parents who are involved, however, are all the same ones helping. More parent involvment would be nice.

My children have attended this school since it opened. We have had both positive and negative experiences. This is the first year that I can honestly say we have had good teachers that work well with my children and communicate regularly with my husband and myself. We have had mostly negative experiences with the principal and assistant principal which usually result in having to contact higher-ups to get appropriate resolution. If I could I would move my children to a school that is highly committed to keeping my children safe as I believe this is an area in which they are severely lacking...

I love Sealston because they care about the students, they have a friendly and caring staff, they always make you feel welcome and they try to keep the bulies at bay more than any other school we've attended.

We're coming to the end of our second here at Sealston and we continue to give the program, educators and principles high marks. Someone posted that the school is very attentive to parental involvement and I echo that sentiment. We have been highly engaged with our child's teachers who have proven they have the childrens' best interests at heart. Its been a great experience!

Is my son's first year in this elemetary school, and he loves it. The teachers are great, but I do have a problem with their transportation. They are never in time, and they are late for drop off. It takes him one hour to get to school and one hour to get back, even if we live 12 minutes away. I hope they will look into that and make some changes.

Last modified Sealston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.