Sealston Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2010
This is our second year at Sealston. If I could do it over, I would spend a few extra bucks and move a few miles up the road to Stafford County. Sealston and King George Schools are horrible. Sealston has not been able to pass the standardized tests. They are way behind other school districts Please go to the Virginia Education website and reveiw the SOL test scores. No, all students are not failing. However, if you have a child who's excited about learning...they will not be after attending this school. The child will end up wth an attitude of "just getting by". I can't speak for all teachers but the two we've had were terrible! They don't motivate the kids unless they are taking the Standardized tests. Also, the school is not diverse. I hope it get's better or I'm going the private school route.

Posted May 25, 2010
Sealston did a super job with my kid. His teachers were great, and the school ran well. They have high expectations for the kids, and the kids respond well.

Posted May 20, 2010
My girls started at Sealston when the oldest was beginning 2nd grade (now 4th) and the youngest is now in 1st. I have had great experience with the teachers, staff and fellow parents in this school. As far as the safety of the children, I firmly believe that Sealston has excelled in my book. The first year there their non custodial father took "court papers" to Sealston and tried to convince the staff to dismiss my child to them. The safety of my children has never been questioned at Sealston. The staff are all very happy to deal with the split family situation and protect my children as needed. The parents who are involved, however, are all the same ones helping. More parent involvment would be nice.

Sealston Elementary School 2

Posted May 12, 2010
My children have attended this school since it opened. We have had both positive and negative experiences. This is the first year that I can honestly say we have had good teachers that work well with my children and communicate regularly with my husband and myself. We have had mostly negative experiences with the principal and assistant principal which usually result in having to contact higher-ups to get appropriate resolution. If I could I would move my children to a school that is highly committed to keeping my children safe as I believe this is an area in which they are severely lacking...

Sealston Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
I love Sealston because they care about the students, they have a friendly and caring staff, they always make you feel welcome and they try to keep the bulies at bay more than any other school we've attended.

Posted March 30, 2010
We're coming to the end of our second here at Sealston and we continue to give the program, educators and principles high marks. Someone posted that the school is very attentive to parental involvement and I echo that sentiment. We have been highly engaged with our child's teachers who have proven they have the childrens' best interests at heart. Its been a great experience!

Sealston Elementary School 4

Posted February 10, 2010
Is my son's first year in this elemetary school, and he loves it. The teachers are great, but I do have a problem with their transportation. They are never in time, and they are late for drop off. It takes him one hour to get to school and one hour to get back, even if we live 12 minutes away. I hope they will look into that and make some changes.

Sealston Elementary School 0

Posted December 26, 2009
My son attended Sealston. We found it to be, overall, a good experience in terms of the teachers and the school level administration. They worked hard and kept us well informed about how our child was doing. My husband and I think it's a shame that the county supervisors bicker so much about the school board. It seems to us that they don't trust the school board or superintendent. It's the kids and the teachers who suffer because of it. More money should be put into lowering class sizes and providing more materials to the classrooms.

Sealston Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2009
My son has been at Sealston Elementary for one year. This will be his second and I can't express enough what a wonderful school this is. Aside from the cafeteria staff and wanting the kids to be as quiet as church mice during lunch (unrealistic), I have nothing negative to say about Sealston. The teachers are attentive and communicate well with parents, the office staff is open and helpful, the principal is supportive and very outgoing. The overall environment is amazing and definitely encourages the positive growth of all the students attending.

Posted July 27, 2009
A great school with great staff. Very attentive to parental involvement.

Sealston Elementary School
11048 Fletcher's Chapel Rd., King George, VA  22485
Last modified Sealston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sealston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top