Bad
Good

This school is below average. They need a lot of getting their school teachers up with the teachers in other counties. Not having a resource teacher in the school hurts the students who have disabilities. You need to hire a teacher with the skills that helps the kids to help them get on track. If they need a IEP than they could write up what they need. You all hire teachers that can teach the Latino children to help with English. So what is the differance.

Initially we thought this school was a good fit for our boys. They seemed to just fit right in and the teachers seemed as if they cared. But since the first few months of the 2011 school year things have changed. Our boys come home with stories of being bullied, teased and sometimes physically hit. They feel they have to endure it to "fit in" and while I do think kids should work thru some things I question where the teachers are when this hazing like behavior is happening. There have been incidents of my boys coming home telling us they were called things by the teacher b/c the teacher assumed they were faking. I assure you the ER trips and bills are very much real. If we could do it all over we might have consider a different school zone to live in. Not that the other KG schools are any better.

This is a fantastic school. My son has been there for 6 years and my daughter has been there for 2. Love the teachers and activities they have for children.

KGES is an excellent school and my son has excelled each of the 5yrs he has has been there. He went from honor roll to distinguished honor roll for the last 3yrs.. Because of the new redistricting he is being moved to PES. PES did not pass the grade for the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT, but my son along with others have been assigned this school. What are you doing KG? This does not make sence to me, but I'm not done and will continue to fight for my son's right to have a good education.

I am a proud parent of 2 little girls that attend KGES. I LOVE this school and so do my girls. The staff is wonderful and the atmosphere of the school is very inviting. I love the school spirit, you feel it the minute you walk in the front door. Both of my girls scored high (a grade level above) on their SOL's. So THANK YOU, to all of the staff at KGES for making this possible.

My Daughter just started at KGES this year (2nd Grade) coming from PES. I feel this is a better school and friendlier staff. They have a wonderful open-door policy, making the parent feel welcome at any time. This is a cleaner school. I would like to add that my Daughter's allergies have improved so much at this school.

This is an absolutely wonderful place for children to live and learn! The staff truly cares about the kids!

I was a sixth grade student at KGES last year and it was the best elementary school I'd ever attended, having attended 3, but I disliked the useless AAA Safely Patrol program, but not out of envy. The fourth, fifth, and sixth grade teachers were excellent. I hope that exellence will continue.us

As a parent and an aide at this school I have to be honest and say that it is one of the best elementary schools in this whole district. I have substituted at the other 2 and this one is hands down the best to be at. The admin is fantastic and caring. The teachers actually care about the quality of education and manners that they are instilling in our children. It is a fantastic school!

KGES is an awesome school. My fourth grader has been blessed with excellent teachers every year. The building has a warm and inviting atmosphere. The office staff is number one. I'd put it at the top of any list.

Last modified King George Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.