Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

Math class is very consistent and on point with reminders and sending the attachment worksheets as well. However, I have to chase down my sons World History Teachers assignment. I honestly cant keep up with what's homework or class work.

I think its absolutely absurd that if I do not stay in contact with teachers, as if my 8th grader is back in elementary school, they will just let the student fall behind. Not all of the teachers are this way, I have had great experience with most teachers in 7th grade and only a few in 8th grade. My son has not ever been anything less than an Honor and Distinguished Honor student. This year, I have to chase down homework assignments because some use the agenda, some do not. Then I ask and I get a response as "its on the reminder app" or "I have it on the KGMS site" or "Student was supposed to pick it up out of the bin". It is beyond frustrating. The particular class I am referring to is a High School credit, which I understand is a little more demanding, however, if you're going to treat a student as if they're already in High School, maybe the teacher is at the wrong school. You don't get answers anywhere, its a constant pass of the buck.

My child has habitually slipped through the cracks at this school. If I do not stay on every teacher, every week, he is allowed to slip without so much as a phone call or a warning. I have had only one teacher call my home, or send a notice home, in two years of middle school. He is the exception. The rules are inconsistently applied by the principal, and staff. I actually caught a teacher in a lie when questioning him about an incident with my son. My son has a learning disability, and I have to stay on him, and the school for him to get the work done. The worst was when he was out for a week with a serious illness. We made up his homework, and I dropped it off in the office. His teachers reported that they never got it. We made it all up again, and when he returned to school, I placed it in a nice organizer with each teachers name. Half of them said they didn't get it again. We completed the work a third time, and he still didn't get credit for all of it. Unorganized, and ineffectual!!!! Can't wait to be done with the middle school.

I must say that even though this school has been turned around by it's new Principal, the vice Principal is just HORRID. She was blatantly rude to my child and talked down to him as if he was 5 years old. My child is a bit of a trouble maker but they immediately jumped to the conclusion that he had a mental disorder and basically demanded that he be "treated". Whenever something goes wrong they are quick to blame him because he's had a few incidents. They make him miss important class time to sit in an office and wait. My child has also been LOCKED IN A ROOM when in trouble yet the Vice Principal said repeatedly that he was kind and respectful during the OSS process. I would NOT recommend sending your child here.

I've dealt with the middle school and I have to say, it is the absolute worse school. And that is saying a lot given that we are from the kingdom of bad schools, PG County, MD. It's mainly the principal of this school that makes it so bad. She lacks professionalism, respect, and she's a bully to the kids and some parents and teachers. Why she remains in this position baffles me. . . The teachers, however, are very good. My daughter never had any complaints about a teacher, yet, the administration needs a serious overhaul.

I am a student at King George Middle School and I personally LOVE it! Most of the teachers are nice, and I the new band teacher and our old teacher, who now teaches at the high school, are both really good and they are willing to work with you, and are friendly. The only problem i have is that the auditorium is a little crowded, since we have advanced in student range to about 800 students. I have another problem with reading out loud, because I am in 8th grade, and I wasn't reading out loud in third.

This is the worst school my kids have ever attended and we have lived all over the country, The worst problem is the principle. She is a bully. She is dis organized and lacks the ability to run the school effectively. For instance we moved into the old high school. We had open house and she didn't plan for a lot of parents attending. You couldn't get into the auditorium so most parents didn't get to hear what was going on. I guess it came as a surprise that with there would be a large attendance because none of the students had been in the new building. When they send home interims they don't make just one - every class sends a page home. My kid came home with 6 sheets of paper. the other schools are able to do it so why can't the middle school?

As a very active parent in the school system I'm proud of the efforts the principle of this school has made to turn things around drastically. Although there are budget issues more here then anywhere, it is still great to see the standard of learning scores have increased dramatically!! After all that's why my kids go to school to LEARN! My hat goes off to the staff and all of it's accomplishments. Especially thoseos the principles Ms. A

This was the worst school my child attended. Treated disrespectfully by a certain teacher. Then when complaints were made, denials ensued. The Principal is the worst there is. Stafford schools are much better with honest and reputable teachers and staff.

Although SOL scores have improved, do not be fooled. This school is very poor, stocked with legacy teachers and a pervasive attitude of indifference. This is not a middle school -- it is an elementary school for 7th and 8th graders. Your child will experience a zero defect environment and will get a referral and ISS for something as trivial as gum chewing. This is not preparation for high school. We have experienced both grades with 2 different children, and as much as we have engaged as PTA members, sadly...it's too broke for us to continue another year. Avoid, go to Stafford or Spotsy, but avoid KGCS in general and this school in particular. If your child is an athlete, avoid. He can swap helmets with one of the other football players. No softball, no baseball. No coaches with any experience. Other extracurricular activities are unbelivably weak. Run away.

Last modified King George Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.