Bad
Good

Bethel Manor Elementary School 4

Posted November 02, 2015
Overall it's a great school, unfortunately they really are difficult when it comes to kids who are different and don't follow the spectrum as others do. I have two children currently in this school and they are both ADHD. One is in 3rd grade and one is in kindergarten, my kindergartener also has O.D.D. luckily my kindergartener has had two great teachers as he was held back for not reading and writing the 1st time around. The teachers at first did not listen to me when I explained how he needs to have things done and was told "I'll find my own way". The Principal thinks he's supposed to be a parent to my kids as he keeps overruling my explicit directions for my sons to walk home together which has made it a pain. He says it's for "safety reasons" as if I can't do what needs to be done for my childrens safety. The crossing guards for the 2nd crosswalk are often missing. The parking lot is tiny and if it rains not everyone can park and walk to the door to get their child (ren). The staff blocks the exit and forces you to go out the entrance which can fit in and out traffic but some people block that when going out the in. Other parents fail to pay attention and almost hit kids because they are on their cell phones while driving. You have to sign in a computer to be able to walk around the school even at the opening hours which sucks because there is usually a line of parents. ..too bad they don't have something faster, it's great for saftey but still.

Posted December 28, 2014
I love this school! My daughter was in 3 different schools from pre-k to 1st grade. This is the best one so far! Everyone says that York Co. schools are the best in the area and Bethel Manor, (IMO), is the best of the best. The teachers communicate with the parents and the principal is wonderful this year! He has children and is very understanding. The PTA does a wonderful job with activities and the carnival in the spring is great a community builder. The walkability is fantastic and I love that everyone at the school is military, its great for our children to know that their friends have the same things going on at home too. I will be very sad to leave this school next year. If you are undecided about living on base, this school should point you in the right direction!

Posted October 21, 2014
This school is great! I love the way the teachers and principals interact with the parents. My daughter's teacher Mrs. Libby is absolutely AWESOME! She makes sure to keep her parents in the loop about everything going on in class and with our children. We need more teachers like her and more schools like Bethel Manor Elementary!!

Posted September 07, 2014
amazing school...teachers who really care and do what has to be done to help a student understand the material. As a former parent (kids now grown) and substitute teacher, I've seen/experienced a variety of teaching situations. The school is a close knit community of parents, students and teachers. Parent volunteers are encouraged/welcome with open arms.

Posted January 17, 2014
I love this school! There are so many ways to be involved. And the communication my son's teacher gives goes above and behind all the hard work she already has to do. I'm very thankful my son goes to this school.

Bethel Manor Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2013
I have had two children attend three or more years each at this school. For my oldest child it was generally a good experience. The education was adequate, although not outstanding. For my second child who is special needs it was a very poor experience. As soon as we came to the district the school refused accommodations recommended by physicians. There were several times it was strongly implied that my child's difficulties were the result of my parenting skills, despite having both physical and mental diagnosis for disability. Federal laws about IEP meetings were treated like guidelines. When my child transferred to the middle school (where we had a better experience) several parts of the IEP were missing, including a behavior plan, previous testing, and a request for additional testing. When connecting with other EFMP families in the district we found this was a common experience.

Posted November 25, 2012
I love this school. My son is now in fist grade and loves going to school. I had a concern with my sons reading level I e-mailed the teacher and she tested him again tht same day and talked to me about it when I went to pick him up. I have had nothing but great experience with this school.

Posted July 10, 2012
I love this school and most importantly so do my kids. It is evident that the teachers are in the career field for the correct purpose!

Bethel Manor Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2010
Where to start with this school? We are a military family that moved from a school in Georgia. I would take back the Georgia schools in a second. The first impression of the school came from the very rude secretary in the front office. When we asked about testing our 5th grade daughter for advanced classes her response was "just because she tested good in another area does not mean she will test good here". All I wanted was information, not her opinion. The next impression came when my son returned home and asked me if the principal was really a DR. I explained what a doctorate was then he told me he was yelled at for calling her principal. The bulk of the teachers seem snobby and not willing to work with the kids that are a little different. Great teachers do exist here, but they are few.

Posted May 25, 2010
My daughter is in second grade, and was recently tested to be reading at the sixth grade level. Recently, every child in school got to write their own book. In my daughters book, she stated that her favorite place to go is Bethel Manor Elementary. I don't think I need to say any more :)

Bethel Manor Elementary School
1797 First St, Langley A F B, VA  23665
Last modified Bethel Manor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.