Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted January 22, 2016
We love the Principal Mrs Robinson! She is very easy to talk to and will make the time to meet with parents to address concerns or questions or just chat about how things are going. My son loves her too, which means a lot. He had a tough time with his teacher last year but it turns out she was only at the school for the year and is no longer there. His teacher this year, Mrs Laybourne, is phenomenal. My son is not the easiest to keep focused. She is doing such a great job helping him focus on his work and not make him feel inadequate because he is so easily distracted. She has to reprimand him at times for his behavior, but she does it in a way that helps motivate him to improve, and he still absolutely adores her. I wish we could have her for the next 3 years!! Overall, we are very happy with the school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 20, 2015
All LES staff members teachers and administration. Each one of them specially Mr. John every morning help us kisses ride with my child wheelchair no matter how weather is making sure we cross the road safely. Grateful mom.

Posted October 20, 2015
Mom of two special need. My Both kids went ELS and old principle was one best principle I have met. I am sure new principle is good as our principle. All school staff teachers, administration, secretary, cafeteria staff all are most kind. And Caring people and they all help students to succeed Academically. Thank you LES for all the extra time teaching and all afford each one of you give my both kids. They were happy students never feel they are special need student. And they both progress educationally In LES. Grateful mom I recommend any mom in loudoun county

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 15, 2015
Thank you Mrs. Gibson for introducing us to an awesome school and for making us feel safe.

Posted September 15, 2015
This school is awesome. The Principle and the teachers are dedicated to their children lives in and out of school and education. They make you feel like your child's education is a group effort. You are not trying to accomplish a better opportunity for your children alone.

Posted July 23, 2014
I am so impressed with Leesburg Elementary School. I find that the teachers and staff really care about the students achievement. Some of the comments below reference a principle that is no longer there. The current principle, Mrs. Robinson, has been so caring with my family and always willing to discuss topics or issues important to us. I highly recommend this school!

Leesburg Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2014
The teachers and principle are very dedicated. The class size is large 28-30 students per class, which means I spend a lot of time at home tutoring my son to keep him on top of his learning.

Posted November 10, 2013
So far I have 3 kids who have been to Leesburg Elem. Absolutly love the school. Teachers are good and office staff is awesome.

Posted December 09, 2012
Despite previous opinions about the principal, the test scores of the school speak for themselves. This school is first-rate and isn't in the "richest" part of Leesburg, even though the test scores equal those of the more priviledged schools in the area. I chose to buy my home strictly based on this school and I dont regret it at all. Both of my children are thriving at this school and the teachers are top notch. If the teachers are so bad, why are the test scores so high? I love LES!

Leesburg Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2011
The principal of this school is unconcerned about the children and goes out of his way to brush off concerns about the school. He has no personality and walks around like he is in a fog or on medication. Hundreds of parents have tried meeting with him to discuss their concerns, but he refuses to meet. If you are a mom (working or stay at home) he is demeaning and off-putting. PTO organization presidents have resigned due to the constant stonewalling of the principal against simple changes that would benefit the school. The fourth grade teachers (curtis and titus especially) are probably the worst in the county. Several parents in my neighborhood home school their kids due to some of the poor quality teachers. Administration staff constantly cover for the principals misdeeds and lack of ability. Upper level management within the school system is aware of all the problems, but refuses to do anything. The majority of the teachers are very good and the new Asst. Principal is also very good. However, the principal and the poor teachers are spoiling this otherwise decent school.

323 Plaza St NE, Leesburg, VA  20176
Last modified Leesburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leesburg Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top