Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

We love the Principal Mrs Robinson! She is very easy to talk to and will make the time to meet with parents to address concerns or questions or just chat about how things are going. My son loves her too, which means a lot. He had a tough time with his teacher last year but it turns out she was only at the school for the year and is no longer there. His teacher this year, Mrs Laybourne, is phenomenal. My son is not the easiest to keep focused. She is doing such a great job helping him focus on his work and not make him feel inadequate because he is so easily distracted. She has to reprimand him at times for his behavior, but she does it in a way that helps motivate him to improve, and he still absolutely adores her. I wish we could have her for the next 3 years!! Overall, we are very happy with the school.

Mom of two special need. My Both kids went ELS and old principle was one best principle I have met. I am sure new principle is good as our principle. All school staff teachers, administration, secretary, cafeteria staff all are most kind. And Caring people and they all help students to succeed Academically. Thank you LES for all the extra time teaching and all afford each one of you give my both kids. They were happy students never feel they are special need student. And they both progress educationally In LES. Grateful mom I recommend any mom in loudoun county

This school is awesome. The Principle and the teachers are dedicated to their children lives in and out of school and education. They make you feel like your child's education is a group effort. You are not trying to accomplish a better opportunity for your children alone.

I am so impressed with Leesburg Elementary School. I find that the teachers and staff really care about the students achievement. Some of the comments below reference a principle that is no longer there. The current principle, Mrs. Robinson, has been so caring with my family and always willing to discuss topics or issues important to us. I highly recommend this school!

The teachers and principle are very dedicated. The class size is large 28-30 students per class, which means I spend a lot of time at home tutoring my son to keep him on top of his learning.

So far I have 3 kids who have been to Leesburg Elem. Absolutly love the school. Teachers are good and office staff is awesome.

Despite previous opinions about the principal, the test scores of the school speak for themselves. This school is first-rate and isn't in the "richest" part of Leesburg, even though the test scores equal those of the more priviledged schools in the area. I chose to buy my home strictly based on this school and I dont regret it at all. Both of my children are thriving at this school and the teachers are top notch. If the teachers are so bad, why are the test scores so high? I love LES!

The principal of this school is unconcerned about the children and goes out of his way to brush off concerns about the school. He has no personality and walks around like he is in a fog or on medication. Hundreds of parents have tried meeting with him to discuss their concerns, but he refuses to meet. If you are a mom (working or stay at home) he is demeaning and off-putting. PTO organization presidents have resigned due to the constant stonewalling of the principal against simple changes that would benefit the school. The fourth grade teachers (curtis and titus especially) are probably the worst in the county. Several parents in my neighborhood home school their kids due to some of the poor quality teachers. Administration staff constantly cover for the principals misdeeds and lack of ability. Upper level management within the school system is aware of all the problems, but refuses to do anything. The majority of the teachers are very good and the new Asst. Principal is also very good. However, the principal and the poor teachers are spoiling this otherwise decent school.

I've had two kids go through LES, including one who required some special ed assistance. I can't possibly say enough about the teachers and staff we worked with over the years. Just wonderful in every sense of the word.

My daughter and son are 4th and 2nd graders at Leesburg Elementary. We love it! The parents are very involved, the staff knows my children, and me and my husband as well. The teachers are wonderful. We can volunteer at school or come have lunch with our kids.

Last modified Leesburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.