Posted July 23, 2014
I am so impressed with Leesburg Elementary School. I find that the teachers and staff really care about the students achievement. Some of the comments below reference a principle that is no longer there. The current principle, Mrs. Robinson, has been so caring with my family and always willing to discuss topics or issues important to us. I highly recommend this school!

Leesburg Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2014
The teachers and principle are very dedicated. The class size is large 28-30 students per class, which means I spend a lot of time at home tutoring my son to keep him on top of his learning.

Posted November 10, 2013
So far I have 3 kids who have been to Leesburg Elem. Absolutly love the school. Teachers are good and office staff is awesome.

Posted December 09, 2012
Despite previous opinions about the principal, the test scores of the school speak for themselves. This school is first-rate and isn't in the "richest" part of Leesburg, even though the test scores equal those of the more priviledged schools in the area. I chose to buy my home strictly based on this school and I dont regret it at all. Both of my children are thriving at this school and the teachers are top notch. If the teachers are so bad, why are the test scores so high? I love LES!

Leesburg Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2011
The principal of this school is unconcerned about the children and goes out of his way to brush off concerns about the school. He has no personality and walks around like he is in a fog or on medication. Hundreds of parents have tried meeting with him to discuss their concerns, but he refuses to meet. If you are a mom (working or stay at home) he is demeaning and off-putting. PTO organization presidents have resigned due to the constant stonewalling of the principal against simple changes that would benefit the school. The fourth grade teachers (curtis and titus especially) are probably the worst in the county. Several parents in my neighborhood home school their kids due to some of the poor quality teachers. Administration staff constantly cover for the principals misdeeds and lack of ability. Upper level management within the school system is aware of all the problems, but refuses to do anything. The majority of the teachers are very good and the new Asst. Principal is also very good. However, the principal and the poor teachers are spoiling this otherwise decent school.

Posted April 28, 2011
I've had two kids go through LES, including one who required some special ed assistance. I can't possibly say enough about the teachers and staff we worked with over the years. Just wonderful in every sense of the word.

Posted November 21, 2009
My daughter and son are 4th and 2nd graders at Leesburg Elementary. We love it! The parents are very involved, the staff knows my children, and me and my husband as well. The teachers are wonderful. We can volunteer at school or come have lunch with our kids.

Posted December 20, 2007
My daughter has attended Leesburg Elementary for 2 years, and has loved it since day one. The school teaches and encourages healthy, moral behavior. There are no bully's and the education is top knotch. In fourth grade my daughter ran the mile in 11 min, took a trip to a colonial house, and requested walking to school instead of the bus for exercise. The staff always remembers our names, and the teachers are very caring. Also, my daughter was able to take advanced classes in fifth grade. The school is outstanding!

Posted July 14, 2006
Hi My name is Denise Ramirez . My son is attending this school he is going to second grade he loves it. My other son is starting kindergarden this coming year. This school been wonderful my son has learn so much. The teachers are the best, And the principal is a a wonderful man and the assistan principal is a woderful woman the staff is great. The school is well keep. They teach the kids everything they need to know, it is a great school. I recomend this school to everyone you won't regret it.

Posted October 04, 2005
Leesburg Elementary School has excellent faculty and an extremely active PTO. The school was awarded the Blue Ribbon Award for 2005. As part of the Loudoun Co. School system it has lots of competition but it still ranks high in the on my list!

Leesburg Elementary School
323 Plaza St NE, Leesburg, VA  20176
Last modified Leesburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leesburg Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top