Leesburg, VA

Cool Spring Elementary School 3

Posted February 24, 2015
I would give this school 5 stars except for my child's teacher last year. Cappellanti should not be teaching anymore. I have never dealt with a more disrespectful woman. My child never had problems before her class and hasn't had any problems after. She is not willing to give any extra effort to help if it is needed. If your child misses a homework assignment, be prepared for a rude note being sent home. She will say in the beginning of the year that she doesn't like to stress kids out or put too much pressure on them. But that's all she did. To the point of a complete nervous crying and shaking 8 year old. She will smile in your face in front of others and tell other parents and teachers rude things about your child. I should not have had my child come home crying after hearing his teacher telling another teacher that he doesn't know how to do anything. The amount of days that she misses is ridiculous. There is always a sub. Then things are pushed last minute for tests. God help you if you don't have a straight A student. She will make both of your lives unbearable.

Cool Spring Elementary School 5

Posted September 28, 2014
All 4 of our kids have gone to this school. It's a great school with exceptional teachers who care about each individual child. We have had a wonderful experience with everyone we have worked with at Cool Spring.

Cool Spring Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
We love our school! The new principal, Mr. Caldwell, and the teachers we've had have been great, there's an active PTA, and fun after school enrichment opportunities. We have an IEP and are grateful for the therapists and aids who help our son stay on track.

Cool Spring Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2013
Not overly impressed. I've been pushed by a teacher to get my child medicated. The principle is more worried about staying friends with teachers than helping students. Setting up plans to help kids with any "problem" is a joke. They don't follow it. I've almost pulled my child out multiple times, now we're moving instead. The only good teacher that was there left last year. So much for Loudoun county's great school system.

Cool Spring Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2012
We are very fortunate to live in a place like Loudoun County with such an excellent public school system. Many neighbors & friends have recently pulled their children out of Dominion Academy & other private schools because our public schools are so wonderful. One thing I don't like is that they teach to the test, as in SOL's. This is the first year we are learning the online Clairty grade system - so still working out some of the bugs. But it's nice to have answers so instantly on ow well your child is performing or if help is needed in a certain area. The biggest complaint I have is that we lost a bunch of wonderful students and parents due to rezoning, but that is bound to happen no matter where you live. BUT-the remaining parents have done a fabulous job being involved. The PTA puts together fun events for the children such as spirit days where you wear a certain color to support a cause, your sport team, crazy hair, or even bingo night and sock hops. Each Fall the parents put on a HUGE festival which the kids enjoy immensely. Thanks to parent volunteers, it raises a lot of money. They also do raffle theme baskets to raise money for classrooms. We love CSES!

Cool Spring Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2011
Terrible school, absolutely horrible principal, does not care about the students at all and is very unprofessional

Cool Spring Elementary School

Posted September 17, 2009
they are such a wonderful school, the staff, the teachers , they take their time with their students. I love them becuase they care about the students education.....

Cool Spring Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2009
Very happy with the school, principal and teachers. Everyone seems involved.

Cool Spring Elementary School
501 Tavistock Dr SE, Leesburg, VA  20175
Last modified Cool Spring Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cool Spring Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top