PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have enjoyed 6 fabulous years at LCDS so far and look forward to continued success. Our daughter started in the pre-school program. It was such a wonderful experience we thought the next year wouldn't compare. Luckily, each year since pre-k has topped the next. The teachers are phenomenal and take the time to know and teach each child specifically. We love the smaller class size and individualized attention. The community is warm and welcoming. It's a well rounded program that benefits each child with a huge emphasis on critical thinking. We value education and this investment is well worth it for our family.

This is my daughter's second year (Lower School Student). She came from Primrose School. Her transition was a smooth one. LCDS has a diverse community that is warm and welcoming who are made up of talented and involved teachers, faculty, staff, parents, and students. The teachers really take a genuine interest in each child. They challenge every student to learn how to advocate for themselves, to do their best and to help others. My daughter is thriving at the school as she has learned so much in the last two years. She is excited about what goes on in her classes. I love the field education as it makes the connection between classroom learning and the world outside. Aside from the normal daily classes, they have extracurricular activities and electives that include soccer, dancing, tennis, etc. They keep the parents up to date on upcoming school events, students assignments, provides a weekly school newsletter, etc. I couldn't be happier!!!.

My daughter is currently enrolled at Loudoun Country Day School (LCDS) in the kindergarten program. From my initial visit at LCDS, throughout the admissions process, and since the first day of school my expectations have been exceeded. The faculty and staff have been extremely professional, open, and welcoming. The program at LCDS focuses not only on a exceptional education, but also on the character and social development of the students. The faculty and staff promote a sense of family and they deeply care for each child. There is a true sense of community at LCDS. This is an outstanding school with amazing faculty and staff members. I could not be more pleased with LCDS. If you are looking for an exceptional education, a school that has outstanding faculty and staff, and a school where your child's social development is deemed an important part of their overall education, I would highly encourage you to consider LCDS.

We moved to the NoVA area a few years ago and when our son turned 4 years old we started looking at options for schools. As Loudoun Country Day School was in our development we thought that would be a perfect, convenient option for our family. We completed all of the initial tasks, ie tour, application, classroom visit etc. I waited for weeks and upon not hearing anything I called the school and left a message. No one ever returned my call and a week later we received a denial letter that looked like something that a college would send out. It was very formal and stated no reasons as to why my four year old was being 'rejected' from preschool. As this school is touted to be so fantastic, I would have at least expected a phone call or some further dialogue as to why they felt my son was not a good fit. I'm leaving this review as I felt the school did an extremely poor job of communicating and turned the entire experience into something much more painful than it needed to be.

I am pleased to provide this review for Loudoun Country Day School (LCDS). By way of disclosure, I am not a faculty member, board member, trustee, or other member of the governing structure. Nor do I have any financial or other economic interest in LCDS. I am "just" a parent of two children who have attended the school from the beginning of their schooling. As a Ph.D. myself, my wife and I place a high value on education. I can state from personal experience that LCDS has not let us down. On the contrary, it has continued to deliver an excellent educational and social experience. Perhaps the best way to summarize the environment is to compare it to a "little" liberal arts campus. Children learn the fundamentals for later STEM work and the ability to communicate persuasively in whatever subject they are asked to command. In addition, they learn about the world around them and how they fit into that world as contributing citizens. In short, the program succeeds in delivering what they promise, which is the development of the complete child. I have not regretted the decision for my children. And I would strongly encourage you to consider the program for yours.

Loudoun Country Day School has been a wonderful experience for our daughter for the past three years in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades. From our first Orientation Reception to today, we have felt welcome and part of a family. Everyone helps each other so their children can develop, succeed, and excel. The middle school program is challenging and comprehensive, with outstanding teachers who care about the students. Class projects are unique, interesting and combined with field trips that enrich the learning experience. The school s headmaster, Dr. Randy Hollister is an engaged leader, who instills in the students to aim high and excel. Each morning, he and members of his administrative staff, greet each student as they get off their bus or from their car. LCDS also promotes leadership, community service, character development, and public speaking. Our daughter has represented the school at Open Houses as a Student Ambassador, and has loved the experience. LCDS is a very special school, that provides superior academic programs, the arts, athletics, and uses the most advanced technologies in the classroom.

As parents, we all have high standards and want the best education possible for our children. Loudoun Country Day School has greatly exceeded our expectations academically as well as socially. The small class sizes and strong sense of community fosters a nurturing environment that is palpable from the dedicated faculty and staff to the exceptional Headmaster. This comprehensive program focuses on developing the whole child through its challenging curriculum, community service events, public speaking, and character development. The children truly grasp the valuable skills necessary to care for others in their community and in the world.

LCDS has provided our son with a fantastic educational experience for the past five years. We are impressed with the quality of the teachers, facilities, small class sizes, and challenging educational curriculum. Additionally, the headmaster, Dr. Hollister, cares deeply about the students and staff. We look forward to experiencing the middle school program this fall and having our son graduate from LCDS.

We are very pleased with not only the school but the summer camp program. Our children are having a great time so far. Thank you LCDS!

This school has done more to challenge our bright child than his previous "gifted" school ever did. Worth every penny. Great teachers and the students come from nice families. Kids are happy and engaged.

Last modified Loudoun Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8