Leesburg, VA

Posted August 01, 2014
I have read the reviews posted, and I DO NOT understand the one star comments. My son was diagnosed with a learning challenge, and the teacher patiently worked with him. He and my daughter both passed AP English tests and were able to receive college credit. They both went on to college and were very academically and spiritually prepared, especially in the area of writing. Leesburg Christian School works with families in the education of children. I credit this ministry/school for the success my adult children now have. Those one-star reviews are flawed at best.

Leesburg Christian School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
Leesburg Christian School is basically day car for kids. The school is not accredited and is run by an extended family. The environment is very legalistic and the teachers are not good teachers. The school has a history of drug use and a lot of problem children end up here. We will never get the year back that our child spent there but this is a warning to all parents not to send their child to this school.

Posted June 30, 2012
Leesburg Christian School has been a great place for our child to grow academically, spiritually, and as a person. The staff is more like family who care about your childs development . With the smaller size school everyone learns the value of teamwork in all the sports programs at LCS. There are opportunities to participate in fine arts and academic competitions with other schools in which LCS always does well. The K-12 environment gives the school a big family feel with older kids helping the younger and good role models for the younger kids to look up to. With uniforms there is no problem with inappropriate dress like with public schools. Our experience has been a great one at LCS and our child is looking forward to the college of her choice thanks to the preparation at Leesburg Christian School.

Posted June 12, 2012
We just finished our first year at LCS and it has been a wonderful experience for our whole family! Our son was in the gifted program in LCPS in Middle School and it was not until this year that he has truly learned that he has to work to achieve success. I am so glad that he learned this lesson now and not in college. The curriculum is not only challenging, but also has a Godly world view that has created amazing changes in my son. Our daughter was diagnosed with ADD and on medication in public school, but because of the small classroom and caring teachers and administration, she has for the first time in her life, made better grades than her brother! She is no longer on meds and we have become part of a very loving family in the process. I am so impressed with the teens and the fact that they interact with the little one's on a regular basis as well!

Posted April 05, 2012
My family is very blessed to be a part of this school. I am so thankful for the teachers as they continue to not only teach excellent academics, but also have a wonderful emphasis on Godly character, which is so extremely important. It is a great comfort to me to know that our beliefs will not be compromised because we send our kids to school. The teachers are so kind, compassionate, and understanding and know the true meaning of the Christian spirit. We are so blessed!

Posted April 05, 2012
If you care about godly character and preparing your child to serve Christ in whatever endeavor they pursue in the future, Leesburg Christian is a great choice. The teachers genuinely care about their students and desire to see their students grow not only academically, but spiritually. Class sizes are small, allowing you to get to know the teacher and work with them closely in your child's education. The school has been flexible in developing solutions for our children in subjects where our children are more advanced or subjects where they may be struggling. Due to the smaller size school and limited budget (tuition is one of the lowest for a private school in the area), extra activities in the classroom (i.e. hands-on science experiments) or extracurricular programs (i.e. art, band, choir, sports) may not be as robust as other private or public schools, but what they are able to do in these areas is well done and has been enjoyed by our children. In the end, Leesburg Christian has done an excellent job giving our children the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in this world not primarily for themselves, but more importantly, for the glory of God.

Posted March 29, 2012
As a parent of graduates of Leesburg Christian School, I highly recommend this school. Having attended LCS from preschool through 12th grade, my children were well prepared for college and have excelled academically there. Leesburg Christian School teaches not just academics, but Godly character and traits, developing the whole person. The faculty truly cares about each student and goes above and beyond the norm in ministering to them. Additionally, their math program is outstanding, with students often participating and winning at the national level in academic testing.

Posted March 26, 2012
The comment below is a completely the opposite of what LCS is. As a parent of a large family attending LCS, I am appalled by the comment. Leesburg Christian School, the teachers, and those in administration have dedicated their lives to teaching the students of LCS and sharing with them a Christian World View - something you don't find many places. The teachers and staff are very professional and truly love each and every student. LCS is a ministry of the Believers Baptist Church and has been for over 25 years. I consider LCS to be one of the best family oriented and Christian environments there is. I hope for my children to stay with LCS through graduation.

Leesburg Christian School 1

Posted February 13, 2012
Sent my kids here for many years. The problem is not hiring certified teachers and the single family that "owns" the school. Very judgemental and non-christian and the education does not prepare well for a mainstream college. When I transferred my kids out to public school they didn't do well. Don't go past early elementary.

Posted February 20, 2011
My daughter is in the Preschool program at Leesburg Christian School and it has been amazing. My son went to another school for preschool and didn't learn half as much. She is actually reading at 4 years old! She knows all of her letters and their sounds. They are learning to count to 100. I am really impressed. Her teacher is wonderful. She is sweet, loving and very organized. My daughter can't wait to go to school each day. I cannot say enough good things about this school. It is great!

Leesburg Christian School
21336 Evergreen Mills Road, Leesburg, VA  20175
Last modified Leesburg Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Leesburg Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top