PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My children are learning structure; the discipline that follows math, English, science, history and foreign languages.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My child is bright, but academically lazy. Her teacher will request her to repeat an assignment when the teacher knows that she is under-performing. I believe that the faculty balance academic law and grace well.

Holding faith AND reason high! I am a parent of 2 students at LCS and I am an advocate for Christian education. I believe that all learning must submit to a knowledge of God. Public education cannot (won't) provide this. When I hear catechism and Scripture memory on the lips of one of MY daughters, I am thrilled, affirmed and reminded again that the administration had determined to remain God-honoring in educating tomorrow's leaders. Family-oriented and under the authority of Believer's Baptist Church, LCS has my trust.

The majority of these positive reviews are from parents, and for a good reason. The suffering so many students have experienced here is behind closed doors thanks to the manipulative staff. If any of your beliefs or opinions differ from theirs, they'll be sure to make you feel like an outcast. I'll try to make this short &sweet since this school has brought not only myself as a student, but to my family as whole, so much hurt. Most of the staff are not equipped to teach (I.e. No degrees, training, certificates, etc.) and most are family members. The ridiculous amount of money that you are paying for "a Christian education" is going straight into the pockets of dishonest people. As the daughter of a teacher there in the past, I can assure you that the teachers are extraordinarily underpaid and taken advantage of. They expect 110% of your effort in satisfying their personal needs, and if they're not met, they will guilt you to no end and claim it's "biblical." Depending on what class you are in, you will learn completely different doctrine as the teachers preach on their own agenda. I've been bullied by MULTIPLE teachers under the false pretense that I had "sinned" here and "sinned" there, where there was no fault of mine. I was told to write an essay quoting scripture of how I had sinned/repent (which I find disturbingly primitive and demeaning) to make up for it. I was-among so, so many other students- continually discussed as a topic of "obedience" to the school BY TEACHERS. TO STUDENTS. This school taught me self ridicule, objectification, and self-righteous judgement of others. This school is trapped in the the past and promotes outdated, sexist, and immature behaviors. You're allowed no self-expression and no encouragement to explore or truly learn and develop social skills that are necessary for your success in the REAL WORLD. It is so much like a cult that they make you feel warm and fuzzy in the beginning- and lure you in- suck you dry- and spit you out when you've had enough. You're either close-knit for life in a small circle of close-minded elitists, or you're "excommunicated" and see no one again. Please please please do not take your children here. This hypocrisy is exactly what deters so many good people from meeting their spiritual needs. My parents have endlessly apologized for submitting me to this trauma even though it was not their fault. Please educate yourselves before hand. They will do and say anything for your money.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

One of my children had to deal with some bullying. I took it as an opportunity to encourage my child to be strong and kind back. At the same time, the perpetrators were disciplined and one was removed from school. One thing I noticed whenever I would have the privilege of walking the halls at LCS, is that the students were happy. Bullied students are not happy students. I believe the teachers and administrators are very sensitive to the needs of each student and make every effort to teach students to be "be kind one to another."

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I found that LCS especially had a heart for those who learn differently. There are basic tracks as well as honors tracks. Accommodations are given for those who have physical, emotional or other differences. I know this because one,of my children graduated with a basic track and I am forever grateful,for the kindness and care extended to her.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Each staff member is sincere and committed to educating the LCS students to the best of their ability. The leadership is trained and experienced.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a parent I still get to stay in touch with my children's friends from LCS. Such a large percentage of them are community leaders, have great families, jobs, and good reputations in the cities they now live in.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Again, many of my children's friends had amazing stories of their first year in college where professors told them they were so well prepared in math and English that they could teach the freshman class. When Average LCS students test out of many levels of math and English their first year in college, the teachers are definitely doing their job. My children did especially well in history and their professors were impressed with their knowledge.

Amount of homework: Agree

Because there is a strong homework philosophy in the high school, the students are prepared for college. My children were grateful for the homework they were given when they were at LCS once they entered college, as the college load was not such a surprise. The math homework does tend to be a bit much, but LCS students win state and national awards for math, so i guess it serves a purpose. Several of my children's friends who transferred to public schools actually skipped a grade because of their math level.

Last modified Leesburg Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12