PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

One of my children had to deal with some bullying. I took it as an opportunity to encourage my child to be strong and kind back. At the same time, the perpetrators were disciplined and one was removed from school. One thing I noticed whenever I would have the privilege of walking the halls at LCS, is that the students were happy. Bullied students are not happy students. I believe the teachers and administrators are very sensitive to the needs of each student and make every effort to teach students to be "be kind one to another."

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I found that LCS especially had a heart for those who learn differently. There are basic tracks as well as honors tracks. Accommodations are given for those who have physical, emotional or other differences. I know this because one,of my children graduated with a basic track and I am forever grateful,for the kindness and care extended to her.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Each staff member is sincere and committed to educating the LCS students to the best of their ability. The leadership is trained and experienced.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a parent I still get to stay in touch with my children's friends from LCS. Such a large percentage of them are community leaders, have great families, jobs, and good reputations in the cities they now live in.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Again, many of my children's friends had amazing stories of their first year in college where professors told them they were so well prepared in math and English that they could teach the freshman class. When Average LCS students test out of many levels of math and English their first year in college, the teachers are definitely doing their job. My children did especially well in history and their professors were impressed with their knowledge.

Amount of homework: Agree

Because there is a strong homework philosophy in the high school, the students are prepared for college. My children were grateful for the homework they were given when they were at LCS once they entered college, as the college load was not such a surprise. The math homework does tend to be a bit much, but LCS students win state and national awards for math, so i guess it serves a purpose. Several of my children's friends who transferred to public schools actually skipped a grade because of their math level.

Four of my children graduated from this school and they were extremely well prepared in every discipline, including fine arts and academics, for college life. They excelled at college thanks to the caring and expert teaching of their teachers at LCS. They have fond memories of their high school years and to this day stay in touch with their fellow alumni. We recommend this school to any and all families looking for a small school that educates their students academically and in biblical character. Great school!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The quote scripture but don't live it. They only believe in the Baptist way and put down anyone different.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Students lie & cheat constantly. Even when the school is shown proof of bullying they blame the victim and allow the bullying to go on. The bully just laughs.

I left this school after being there for 6 years. Why? Because the school didn't care that I was and many other students were being bullied. This school hides behind religious teaching for everything and tries to blame the victim. For the emotional safety of your child do not ever bring your child here! I will never get back those years. I also learned my math was BEHIND public school!

Last modified Leesburg Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12