Bad
Good

I love everything about HHS! It's a great school, great kids and great faculty. And it's only going to continue getting better!

I have REALLY been impressed with HHS -the faculty and the students. The students are very friendly, kind and welcoming. I feel there is literally something for everyone (inclusion is a wonderful thing). I saw a comment about the athletic programs being "abysmal"... We as parents can help combat that by NOT sending our children to other HS just because 'their' athletic program is deemed "better". How can a school's athletic program get better if the talent "chooses" to leave? Send your kids to the school they're supposed to go to. Give the new AD a chance...and give the KIDS a chance... There's no sense of PRIDE if parents/kids are able to "pick and choose" what HS they go to. That's not a sense of community at all in my opinion. Moreover, aren't parents and students concerned about academics?! HHS academics are great and the athletic programs are indeed improving -it takes time and commitment. I'm proud that my children attend HHS and will always support ALL the efforts and ALL the teams. Roar Pride!

I love this neighborhood and this school. A great sense of community and pride. Getting involved as parents is a huge part of what makes a school great. So excited for another few years in Heritage!

Unfortunately, our experience has been VERY POOR at HHS. Our senior, who is interested in STEM for college had no guidance from counselors on course selection. We had to ask other parents ahead of us & consult curriculum ourselves to figure things out. Math department is very poor. Several of the math teachers there did not seem to really know the advance concepts (e.g. Calculus, AP Stats) well enough to teach him, so he had to teach himself and it has been VERY frustrating. The athletics programs are abysmal. The school spirit is NON-EXISTENT with many of the HHS students attending Tuscaror games to support them rather than attend HHS games. Most of the better athletes who grew up with my child have gone to another school to get competent coaching and an AD that cares. If your child has a big interest in a sport, look to attend another Loudoun school his Freshman year and drive him. There have been multiple instances in the past of varsity coaches (e.g. softball, track, soccer, lacrosse) that did not have any experience. The AD is the main problem & if you ask any of current HHS parents who have athletes, they will give you the same advice to attend another school.

Heritage has come a long way since my niece attended this school when it first opened. After losing some kids due to another school opening, the school is less crowded and more manageable. I have 2 children here who enjoy it. They feel very safe. We had heard about discipline issues before and I was afraid but not anymore. I made one visit during lunch and all the kids were so good.. Not like my own school in my times. .The history department is excellent but in other departments, there are some good teachers and some who need improvement, just like anywhere else. We like the new principal, Mr.Adam. I can tell that he really wants to improve the school and he does this by listening to the parents and students concerns. Only downside to this school is the athletic dept. Everyone in the community mentions how much it needs improvement starting from the director. My kids have friends who either moved out of the area because of this or they decided to go to a private school. Athletics isn't our priority but hey, it would be nice if we encouraged kids to excel in sports as they excel in academics. Not everyone needs equal time playing...we should play to win! Overall satisfied.

Great hidden gem in NOVA high schools. This school is currently underpopulated because it is only fed by one middle school. This means class sizes are small and there are plenty of openings in all extracurricular activities for kids that want to compete, perform, or lead.

Being a student here at Heritage, I can tell you simply that this is a perfectly good school where a great education can be obtained (when effort is added). This school, like all other high schools in Loudoun, follow the SOL curriculum to the core, so there is really nothing much to differentiate it from the others. My personal experience with teachers have been positive, with most of them showing a pure, genuine interest in the subject they teach, which personally is a big plus/motivator. You can tell, however, that they feel very restricted by the SOL system and would like to teach on their own merits, but there is nothing we can do about it - the system does its job and we're lucky to live in such a county where we have a generous enough budget to put smart boards in every single classroom. Kids from all walks of life are here. If you're looking for the preps/drama, you'll find it. Otherwise, be yourself, be good to people, and you will do just fine. Overall, I am not only satisfied with Heritage High School and its contents (teachers, students, counselors, etc.), but I am grateful to have access to the high quality education I know I'm receiving.

Good School lots of fun love it here!

I am a student who recently graduated from the school, and with that in mind, I can honestly say that I had no significant problems while I was there. The administration is excellent, especially the principal, and they all take special care to get to know as many students as they can. Being a musician, I have no complaints about the program, especially the choral program, which is superb. Almost all of my teachers were always eager to help with problems, and would often go out of their way to make the lessons as far from dull as could be imagined (anyone who got to do Knapp's candidate project would have to agree). Overall, I found my four years at Heritage an immensely enjoyable experience, and would have no doubts about sending any children I would have there in the future.

I have read several complaints about how Heritage has an insufficient academic program, poor administration, or inadequate security. As a former student of Heritage, I can say that this is not the case. Heritage offers many Advanced Placement courses that allow those who are eager to learn to excel. Dual enrollment is also apparently going to be offered at the school soon. I felt the teaching and administration were great, and was neither too strict nor too loose. As for security, random fights are to be expected. I only experienced a handful of them in my four years there, and there was never a time when I felt unsafe. There are also dedicated officers and many teachers around at all times. Basically, Heritage is a great high school. It is obviously not going to be as good as a magnet school, but it does not deprive students of learning

Last modified Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.