Leesburg, VA
Students enrolled: 1,192

Posted September 26, 2013
Heritage has come a long way since my niece attended this school when it first opened. After losing some kids due to another school opening, the school is less crowded and more manageable. I have 2 children here who enjoy it. They feel very safe. We had heard about discipline issues before and I was afraid but not anymore. I made one visit during lunch and all the kids were so good.. Not like my own school in my times. .The history department is excellent but in other departments, there are some good teachers and some who need improvement, just like anywhere else. We like the new principal, Mr.Adam. I can tell that he really wants to improve the school and he does this by listening to the parents and students concerns. Only downside to this school is the athletic dept. Everyone in the community mentions how much it needs improvement starting from the director. My kids have friends who either moved out of the area because of this or they decided to go to a private school. Athletics isn't our priority but hey, it would be nice if we encouraged kids to excel in sports as they excel in academics. Not everyone needs equal time playing...we should play to win! Overall satisfied.

Posted July 03, 2013
Great hidden gem in NOVA high schools. This school is currently underpopulated because it is only fed by one middle school. This means class sizes are small and there are plenty of openings in all extracurricular activities for kids that want to compete, perform, or lead.

Posted July 25, 2012
Being a student here at Heritage, I can tell you simply that this is a perfectly good school where a great education can be obtained (when effort is added). This school, like all other high schools in Loudoun, follow the SOL curriculum to the core, so there is really nothing much to differentiate it from the others. My personal experience with teachers have been positive, with most of them showing a pure, genuine interest in the subject they teach, which personally is a big plus/motivator. You can tell, however, that they feel very restricted by the SOL system and would like to teach on their own merits, but there is nothing we can do about it - the system does its job and we're lucky to live in such a county where we have a generous enough budget to put smart boards in every single classroom. Kids from all walks of life are here. If you're looking for the preps/drama, you'll find it. Otherwise, be yourself, be good to people, and you will do just fine. Overall, I am not only satisfied with Heritage High School and its contents (teachers, students, counselors, etc.), but I am grateful to have access to the high quality education I know I'm receiving.

Heritage High School 3

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted January 21, 2009
Good School lots of fun love it here!

Posted November 01, 2008
I am a student who recently graduated from the school, and with that in mind, I can honestly say that I had no significant problems while I was there. The administration is excellent, especially the principal, and they all take special care to get to know as many students as they can. Being a musician, I have no complaints about the program, especially the choral program, which is superb. Almost all of my teachers were always eager to help with problems, and would often go out of their way to make the lessons as far from dull as could be imagined (anyone who got to do Knapp's candidate project would have to agree). Overall, I found my four years at Heritage an immensely enjoyable experience, and would have no doubts about sending any children I would have there in the future.

Posted November 01, 2008
I have read several complaints about how Heritage has an insufficient academic program, poor administration, or inadequate security. As a former student of Heritage, I can say that this is not the case. Heritage offers many Advanced Placement courses that allow those who are eager to learn to excel. Dual enrollment is also apparently going to be offered at the school soon. I felt the teaching and administration were great, and was neither too strict nor too loose. As for security, random fights are to be expected. I only experienced a handful of them in my four years there, and there was never a time when I felt unsafe. There are also dedicated officers and many teachers around at all times. Basically, Heritage is a great high school. It is obviously not going to be as good as a magnet school, but it does not deprive students of learning

Posted July 28, 2008
Heritage High School has much to offer to every student or parent that steps into the building. The teachers and faculty do a very good job in helping the students do well inside the classroom as well as outside. Almost every student, if not all, can say they have one teacher there they can trust and go to about anything. The amount of extracurricular activities, there are more than plenty to get involved in. As for the safety, as with every school there are those who ruin the schools reputation for everyone. Not once did I feel unsafe in that school. For those who say that they believe the administration is either too strict or too loose, they do not see what really goes on in the school. If you're child will be attending the school, have no worries, they will succeed in more ways than you can imagine.

Posted June 21, 2008
I graduated from Heritage in 2006 and was a member of the first class to start as freshmen. The administration is excellent (the principal, Margaret Huckaby won the Washington Post Principal of the Year Award in 2007) and most teachers are highly qualified and take an interest in helping their students succeed both in and out of the classroom. I can't imagine a better high school experience. As for issues with safety, I never felt unsafe in the halls of Heritage. Like any school there are always a few 'bad eggs' who can ruin the reputation for the rest of the highly motivated and accomplished students.

Heritage High School 0

Posted May 25, 2008
My son went to Heritage his freshman year. THe schools teachers and faculty never treated students with respect, the teachers were uninterested in the students wellfare and the security is too severe. He was a straight A student untili he went their.. He has failed two classes. I will not send him back!

Heritage High School
520 Evergreen Mill Rd SE, Leesburg, VA  20175
Last modified Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top