Posted February 01, 2013
My kids love this school! The teachers have been fantastic and parents are really involved and encouraged to participate. The class material for each grade has actually been more advanced and more thorough than one of the local private shools that one of my neighbors attend. Our experience has been exactly what we wanted for our kids - kind, caring teachers dedicated in seeing that our children are well educated and socially well-rounded. I have not personnally dealt with the special education teachers so I cannot speak to that. The teachers we have had so far really care about the kids and get very attached during the year. My son was heartbroken when one of his favorite teachers retired last year, but now she ocassionally comes by to visit the school and check in our her students and they are thrilled to see her. Tolbert has been a great school for us.

Posted January 31, 2013
This school is AWEFUL. My oldest son is special Ed. and received very poor support. We have had several SPED instructors and no one was qualified or capable of helping him. The assistant principle is friendly but not proactive. We have had wonderful teachers and amazingly poor teachers. From year to year you never know what you are going to get. My youngest son is at the school now and he has a great teacher. Last year he had an AWEFUL teacher. Not the best school and this is no secret.

Posted January 16, 2012
Not a good school for your special ed. child. My kiddo was stuck with those two special ed. teachers you were referring to, and they were terrible! They were extremely rude and lazy.

Posted January 16, 2012
I understand your pain. Tolbert is not a school you would want your child with special needs to attend. I cant say on this site the name of the special education teachers, but to give you a hint, one is older, one is younger and they always share a classroom. If your child is assigned to either of these special education teachers.....run, run, run! If you ever have a problem with either of these teachers, dont contact the assistant principal. They will not do anything about it. Go straight to the principal.

Posted June 02, 2011
We moved almost year ago to VA, and our daughter started 4th grade in Tolbert. We are really happy with school and teachers. School staff is very friendly and cooperative with parents. We like diversity at school, racial and social. Our daughter likes field trips and things that she learns in school, especially Science. We like Mrs. Galati who is so dedicated teacher. Teachers in this school love their job. The most important is that our daughter loves school (teachers and kids). The only thing we would change in this school is lunch menu at cafeteria.

John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School 0

Posted September 22, 2009
The school is great at keeping the kids focused and learning at all times. I love the respect theme.

Posted January 06, 2009
the best school wish we could stay her forever!

Posted July 07, 2008
Excellent school, have been part of it for 7 years and love everything about it - awesome place for my children!

Posted May 22, 2008

Posted September 27, 2007

John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School
691 Potomac Station Dr NE, Leesburg, VA  20176
Last modified John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top