Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted May 20, 2016
Tolbert has been a great school for my kids. The teachers are friendly and welcoming. There is definitely rigor built into the curriculum. The kids, especially my fifth grader, has learned how to appropriately use several computer programs to present information. (Bye bye cereal box book reports!) My only "complaint" is in the areas of music and art. The teachers are uninspiring, and my kids dread both specials, which should be unacceptable in an elementary school. Go Tornados!

Posted March 21, 2016
Love this school! I appreciate the diversity parallel to what my kids will see in MS and HS. They focus on all kids learning at their own level. The support staff is amazing including librarian, custodians, and office staff. My kids love it here!!

Posted February 24, 2016
Tolbert is a great school. My daughter left to go to another school in Ashburn. I wish she had stayed at Tolbert. The new school is horrible and because of this experience we are asking for special permission to bring her back to Tolbert. I don't care about going out of my way to drop her off to Leesburg from Ashburn. The teachers and the kids are nice and wonderful. I love Tolbert and miss Potomac Station community.

John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2015
My child's experience at this school was not great. His kindergarten teacher loaded the children up with homework sheets which were often poorly formatted and punctuated. When he finished his work early, he had to write lines over and over (which effectively punished him for mastering the material), and there did not seem to be any opportunities for enrichment. After two years, we moved to another Loudoun county school which is better at serving children's individual learning needs.

Posted February 01, 2013
My kids love this school! The teachers have been fantastic and parents are really involved and encouraged to participate. The class material for each grade has actually been more advanced and more thorough than one of the local private shools that one of my neighbors attend. Our experience has been exactly what we wanted for our kids - kind, caring teachers dedicated in seeing that our children are well educated and socially well-rounded. I have not personnally dealt with the special education teachers so I cannot speak to that. The teachers we have had so far really care about the kids and get very attached during the year. My son was heartbroken when one of his favorite teachers retired last year, but now she ocassionally comes by to visit the school and check in our her students and they are thrilled to see her. Tolbert has been a great school for us.

Posted January 31, 2013
This school is AWEFUL. My oldest son is special Ed. and received very poor support. We have had several SPED instructors and no one was qualified or capable of helping him. The assistant principle is friendly but not proactive. We have had wonderful teachers and amazingly poor teachers. From year to year you never know what you are going to get. My youngest son is at the school now and he has a great teacher. Last year he had an AWEFUL teacher. Not the best school and this is no secret.

Posted January 16, 2012
Not a good school for your special ed. child. My kiddo was stuck with those two special ed. teachers you were referring to, and they were terrible! They were extremely rude and lazy.

Posted January 16, 2012
I understand your pain. Tolbert is not a school you would want your child with special needs to attend. I cant say on this site the name of the special education teachers, but to give you a hint, one is older, one is younger and they always share a classroom. If your child is assigned to either of these special education teachers.....run, run, run! If you ever have a problem with either of these teachers, dont contact the assistant principal. They will not do anything about it. Go straight to the principal.

Posted June 02, 2011
We moved almost year ago to VA, and our daughter started 4th grade in Tolbert. We are really happy with school and teachers. School staff is very friendly and cooperative with parents. We like diversity at school, racial and social. Our daughter likes field trips and things that she learns in school, especially Science. We like Mrs. Galati who is so dedicated teacher. Teachers in this school love their job. The most important is that our daughter loves school (teachers and kids). The only thing we would change in this school is lunch menu at cafeteria.

John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School

Posted September 22, 2009
The school is great at keeping the kids focused and learning at all times. I love the respect theme.

John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School
691 Potomac Station Dr Ne, Leesburg, VA  20176
Last modified John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.