Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 09, 2016
Not really. I am sure that many teachers at Seldens are great and trying to do their job the right way. I would have sent my thanks to my child's previous teacher, but she is no longer there.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 09, 2016
Depends on the individual teacher I guess. One year I had a very capable and caring teacher, the next year, wasn't as effective, in my opinion, and somewhat narrow minded. Again in my opinion.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 09, 2016
I have no complaint about "the amount", but the quality was definitely not there. Also, I felt the homework was lacking in supporting comprehension using variety of techniques to support what has been learnt during the school day.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 09, 2016
From my experience, the homework assignments were little convoluted, yet repetitive, and boring. The Homework format did not change through out the school year. Same activities, day in, day out.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted June 09, 2016
I am not really sure. From my experience, I have only received one complaint from my daughter regarding a classmate "teasing", but it was dealt with on time. No complaints

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2016
My daughter was very discouraged and felt isolated everyday of the week. She has real struggles in the classroom; I talked to the teacher in conferences and outside conferences, but the teacher was adamant about her ways of teaching, and I don't think she accepted my child's personality, and may be felt a bit of a resentment toward her shyness.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2016
I don't agree because in my opinion, the school discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, social class, and cultural background. As a parent, my child and I have been excluded in a very subtle and insidious ways. I had experiences with other schools, both at Loudoun County, and outside the district, but I have never experienced such a lack of empathy.

Seldens Landing Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2016
As a parent, I get a feeling that I am entering a "Country Club" not a public elementary school. There is an air of snobbishness, condescendence, and down-right arrogance, both from the staff and some of the parents. If you do not fit certain racial group, or income level, then you should not anticipate any respect/compassion from the staff, and sometimes even the teacher(s). Seldens Landing ES, you need to become more inclusive, you're a public school, financed with public funds, not a private country club.

Seldens Landing Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2014
My children have been at SLES since Kindergarten and are entering the 5th grade this year. I cannot say enough good things about this school: a strong, passionate principal, skilled, caring teachers, a great front office staff, a fabulous facility, and a very active PTA. My children have had a great experience and I believe they will be more than ready for middle school after this year.

Seldens Landing Elementary School 5

Posted April 22, 2014
Great teachers, parent involvement, updated facilities and computers. Very community minded school. Parents provide alot of volunteer support.

43345 Coton Commons Dr, Leesburg, VA  20176
Last modified Seldens Landing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.