Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son completed kindergarten through 5th grade at this school and we were happy with it.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Depends on the individual teacher I guess. One year I had a very capable and caring teacher, the next year, wasn't as effective, in my opinion, and somewhat narrow minded. Again in my opinion.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have no complaint about "the amount", but the quality was definitely not there. Also, I felt the homework was lacking in supporting comprehension using variety of techniques to support what has been learnt during the school day.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I don't agree because in my opinion, the school discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, social class, and cultural background. As a parent, my child and I have been excluded in a very subtle and insidious ways. I had experiences with other schools, both at Loudoun County, and outside the district, but I have never experienced such a lack of empathy.

As a parent, I get a feeling that I am entering a "Country Club" not a public elementary school. There is an air of snobbishness, condescendence, and down-right arrogance, both from the staff and some of the parents. If you do not fit certain racial group, or income level, then you should not anticipate any respect/compassion from the staff, and sometimes even the teacher(s). Seldens Landing ES, you need to become more inclusive, you're a public school, financed with public funds, not a private country club.

My children have been at SLES since Kindergarten and are entering the 5th grade this year. I cannot say enough good things about this school: a strong, passionate principal, skilled, caring teachers, a great front office staff, a fabulous facility, and a very active PTA. My children have had a great experience and I believe they will be more than ready for middle school after this year.

Great teachers, parent involvement, updated facilities and computers. Very community minded school. Parents provide alot of volunteer support.

I'm a fifth grader and for my whole life I have gone to the same school , it never gets boring. All teacher's and staff are willing to cooperate. The principle loves storys and when you'r about to go to class she'll give a nice comment. I don't want to leave Seldens Landing. Honestly I don't think my school has to change. We always have a fun learning day to remember. Every kid leaves happy with a smile. Your child will love Seldens Landing

Terrific school for our first grader- he was new to the community and has assimilated exceptionally well!

Excellent teachers, amazing principal, parents are always welcome, very well prepare for any child necessity.

Last modified Seldens Landing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.