Posted June 25, 2010
I have a rising 2nd grader attending FHR. Both K and 1st grade were an amazing and positive experience. I am an active PTA mom at the school and have to say I have been impressed from day one. I'm excited the school has a new principal who's very active and involved in the school, PTA and adores the kids. The teachers are amazing and make learning fun.

Posted April 25, 2010
his is our first year at the school, and as the year comes to a close, I have nothing but praise for the teachers, administration, and the dedicated members of the PTA. I think the new principal is enthusiastic and welcoming, and I am constantly amazed at the variety of after-school programs and events. We're looking forward to many more years at FHR!

Posted May 09, 2009
Our 2nd grader just loves this school and we can't wait for our little guy to start Kindergarten this fall. Good teachers and great parent involvement. Lots of activities and opportunities. One drawback is the tremendous amount of material that gets sent home each day/week. You will need to develop a system to handle and sort the information. You don't want to miss a 'Donuts with Dad' like I did :(.

Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2009

Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2008

Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School 0

Posted February 13, 2008
This is a good but not great school, which is sad because the demographics, the teachers and the parents are great ingredients to make it an excellent school! The missing ingredient is the administration. The principal seems shy at best and tired, which is not what a school with 800+ students needs! The parents and teachers make this school a success but the administration adds nothing.

Posted January 24, 2008

Posted July 13, 2007
Compared to the school we moved from, we are very pleased with this school with the exception of the large class sizes (which is a problem throughout the Loudoun County Public Schools). There is a lot of parent involvement at this school & the PTA sponsors many high-quality extra curricular activities. I'd like the principal to be more visible to the students and I'd like to hear more substantial information from her in the monthly newsletters.

Posted May 18, 2007
My husband and I are thrilled with this school. Great staff and programs available. My son has an IEP in place and the staff at FHR have gone above and beyond to ensure his academic success. Communication levels between teacher and parent are exceptional. I am pleased with the level of parent involvement too.everyone takes great pride in FHR.Go Ravens!

Posted May 10, 2007
Our 2nd grader has attended FHR for 1 year after transferring from CA and we are thrilled with this school. Many high quality programs, music, art, and great teacher to parent communication. Many involved parents and activities. The facilities are wonderful and we still can't get over the size of the library. Our 5 year old will start K this year and we are looking forward to much more of the best school in Leesburg!

Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School
800 N. King St., Leesburg, VA  20176
(571) 252-2050
Last modified Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top