Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is appropriate for each grade level. Not so much that kids can't enjoy being kids, but enough to reinforce their learning and get parents involved.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Ms. McGraw (the Vice Principal) is very knowledgeable about learning differences and is open to discussion about student needs.

Develops character: Strongly agree

By the results seen with my daughter and her circle of school friends. The school admin. Communicates great.

Great school, office staff and teachers do an amazing part of helping children be successful. My daughter loves FHR

Over the course of 5 years, we have experienced a private school, and 2 Loudoun County Elementary schools. By far, for LCPS Elementary school FHR was top notch. The school staff and teachers went out of their way to make my daughter(new student) feel comfortable adjusting to new school. My wife and myself and my daughter rate FHR as the best elementary school in Loudoun Cty. As far as learning and excelling in class, my daughter's SOL score show the final results. All in all I would highly recommend this school to any parent considering a move to the area.

I went in to enroll my son in kindergarten took my 2&3 years daughter. As soon we got there Lori Sample was very disrespectful and had poor choice of word when referring to a2&3 year old children. As a parent it is VERY UPSETTING to seen and hearing. How would you feel if some refers to you and you children"destructive" and "let me take care of them so I can get rid of". As a parent of a kindergarten I DONT feel good of having him go there. If you work in a elementary school you will be close to small children therefore you MUST have people that enjoy working with them and parents with a smile of your face!!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

As in any school, some teachers are amazing and some are just good. We have had mostly great experiences, with a few "good" experiences mixed in.

I've had children at this school since 2009, and our experience has only gotten better. The specialists are talented and available (music, art, technology, etc.) and the 5th grade team, especially, is amazing. There are tons of family events and student showcases (like the play and the variety show,) the students are exposed to new technology, school to parent communication is good, and the PTA is strong.

I have a rising 2nd grader attending FHR. Both K and 1st grade were an amazing and positive experience. I am an active PTA mom at the school and have to say I have been impressed from day one. I'm excited the school has a new principal who's very active and involved in the school, PTA and adores the kids. The teachers are amazing and make learning fun.

his is our first year at the school, and as the year comes to a close, I have nothing but praise for the teachers, administration, and the dedicated members of the PTA. I think the new principal is enthusiastic and welcoming, and I am constantly amazed at the variety of after-school programs and events. We're looking forward to many more years at FHR!

Last modified Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.