Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted April 15, 2016
I was a little thrown back on the comment of calling Belmont Ridge a garbage school. It makes me question the person that made this comment. First this is a phenomenal educational facility. My boy is wrapping up his 7th grade year and attended 6th grade also. My daughter starts 6th grade next year and I wouldn’t have her attend any other middle school. The teachers are incredible and have impressive credentials. Personally I was blown away on how many of my son’s middle school teachers had Masters degrees. Plus the precision of actually embracing a learning environment is shown by the quality of students that move on to better things from this school. Ok so the counselor was late and didn’t introduce himself. It happens as there are several things going on throughout the day for a counselor. But I can guarantee this, they do care as they track the progression of each of their students and follow them as they move from 6th to 8th. Each year the counselor moves grade levels until their 8th graders graduates and then they start back at 6th the following school year. Also to say all the kids are snobby brats from Belmont Country Club is actually unfounded. First of all you are going to have kids from wealthier areas when you live in the wealthiest counties in the USA. Apparently you didn’t give your son time to be exposed to all the student and categorized all of them by a few brief encounters. I know a lot of kids there and they are great kids. Most are solid students, active in sports, and participate in extracurricular activities the school offers. By allowing your child to embrace Belmont Ridge Middle School and all it offers one is setting the early stages of success for their child.

Belmont Ridge Middle School 1

Posted January 04, 2016
My son just started here this year. I have had a horrible experience with the school. First of all the counselor did not even show up on time to meet with my son. He was rude and did not introduce himself to us. The kids are all snobby brats from belmont country club(a wannabe rich community). I am taking my son out of this garbage school. I dont understand how it got a 9. It should be a 0.

Posted November 18, 2011
Ive been going to BMS for the first time in 6th grade and it has been outstanding! Sanitized well, fabulous, kind, caring, loving ,understanding, teachers, and great academics also very fun

Posted September 22, 2009
This is my daughter's first year at Belmont Ridge and so far so good. I attended the rising 6th grade orientation in the spring and Back to School night last week and I continue to be impressed with the Principal's focus on academics and strengthening our children's characters. The deans and teachers seem to resound the Principal's dedication to excellence in academics. My daughter is excited and thinks that all of her teachers are nice. The teachers all enthusiastic, some are very inspiring and all seem committed to providing an excellent education to the students. The school's website is updated daily and parents are encouraged to check the teachers' personal webpages to keep up to date with their child's assignments and tests. Keep up the good work Belmont!! Go River Hawks!!!!

Posted September 17, 2009
Awesome school all the way around! Belmont Ridge Middle School was selected as a Governor's School of Excellence for the 2nd year in a row. This year we also received the Distinguished Honor of 'Schools to Watch.' Belmont Ridge is 1 of 200 schools across the country to receive this prestiges award! Go River Hawks!

Posted September 17, 2009
Enthusiastic principal & staff make BEMS a hotly desired school. Academic achievement is high, but don't be fooled by the demographics....the kids and educators kick butt!

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers, staff and administration are all terrific. They have the childrens' best interest in mind, always. They set a very high bar, academically; then they motivate & challenge the children to get over that bar or beyond it. It's a wonderful environment. My kids love it and so do I!

Posted May 01, 2009
I can't say enough positive things about this school. We moved here mid-year from Birmingham, Alabama and were concerned about the quality of learning environment for our daughter who participates in the gifted program. The principal, dean and counselor were so welcoming. My daughter is thriving, feels much more challenged academically than her previous school in Alabama, and the other children have received her warmly. We really worried about her making new friends at this age, but she is very happy and the kids at this school are friendly and well mannered. The teachers at Belmont Ridge really have their acts together and seem to present the lessons in interesting ways. I can't imagine anyone being dissatisfied with anything at this wonderful school.

Posted September 06, 2008
Great first week of school. Principal is always available to parents and students. Teachers know how to keep interest in learning high. Every student is expected to achieve excellence. It is a little crwoded, but this is the school I want my child in!

Posted August 15, 2008
I moved here from California with my daughter who lived near sacramento. the teachers are very kind and the guidence counselor was great!

19045 Upper Belmont Place, Leesburg, VA  20176
Last modified Belmont Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.