Leesburg, VA

Smart's Mill Middle School 2

Posted February 13, 2014
This school is OK if you get what i mean, its not the best, the dean is sort of mean according to 10 students that i asked, but the principle is up to date, this school is great the standards are nice but the teachers may move too fast and get kids stressed out and may not always be on subject the spanish teacher right now is a teacher who can teach but very arrogant and mean, ask any one of the studenst who take spanish and ask who is the worst teacher you have they might have a little bit of peer presure but they all will say the teacher's name

Posted November 02, 2013
The TEACHERS and ADMINISTRATION want the best for all the students. They are all very supportive, and the Prinicipal has been very open to speaking to me directly every time I have contacted him. Personally, I want a principal with high expectations for his teachers. The last two years at Smart's Mill have been great. We love it!

Smart's Mill Middle School 1

Posted October 13, 2013
i agree with the other review about the school's principal. He is indeed very egocentric. He conducts lots of meetings and speeches wasting the time of teachers and the meetings and lectures never directly or indirectly improve the quality of education for the students. I feel bad for the teachers as they have no say in the amount of time he makes them spend in meetings and lectures. The teachers could instead use their time for the kids who needs individual attention. On one occasion, he requested teachers to volunteer to be cafeteria servers during their only 30 min lunch break in the whole day? Why not ask for volunteer parents and use teachers' time for helping kids learn? Is this the kind of leadership we want our schools to have?

Smart's Mill Middle School 1

Posted August 31, 2013
The principal of this school is more about his ego than fostering a positive learning environment. His dictatorial demeanor and attitude is not conducive to being a role model and motivator to students and staff. According to his bio on the school's website, he has a background in political science. Maybe he should re-visit that career choice and leave educational leadership to the real professionals. I feel for the teachers.

Smart's Mill Middle School 2

Posted May 29, 2013
This school puts up a great big facade. I've sat in meetings with deans, counselors, and teachers from this school where I was told C's and D's are passing. Told by a dean that the spanish class was easy and all students had to due was show up. We should be embarrased that a school like this is how our tax payer money is wasted

Posted October 09, 2010
This school is absolutely amazing. The administration is dedicated to excellent education and teaching!

Posted March 18, 2009

Smart's Mill Middle School 0

Posted December 22, 2008
its a wonderful school. teachers always there to help you if you have questions about. anything. that atmosphere is always friendly.

Smart's Mill Middle School 0

Posted February 20, 2008
I have reside in leesburg for a little over a year and have been impress by Smart's Mill ES. I have one son in SMES and very impress with the teachers who are so caring and wonderful. My work has me on depolyment for nine months out of the year and the teachers are always keeping me up to date with all upcoming test, reports and current activities. Thank you all for your support.

Posted November 19, 2007
I've been impressed from the moment I stepped foot into this school. When my daughter was entering sixth grade we were welcomed with open arms. I was completely impressed about the involvement of the principal. He knew and remembered our name from our first meeting. The teachers are fabulous and always very creative and encouraging. My daughter is in her final year and will be moving on to High School next year with a strong foundation thanks to SMMS. We will definately miss this school.

Smart's Mill Middle School
850 N. King St., Leesburg, VA  20176
(571) 252-2030
Last modified Smart's Mill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smart's Mill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top