Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

There are more bad teachers than good teachers.

Many teachers haven't got a clue how to teach, many are rude and unhelpful, Restrooms are always filthy, most students don't even know who the principal is and there is very little school spirit. Two teachers recently lost their jobs. One for making two students make out in class, and the other for innaporopriatly touching a female student. I was an A/B student for the most part throughout middle school and got a few C's in my freshman year. However, I am currently failing many classes due to the poor quality of some teachers and the lack of caring and understanding from counselors and administration. I have never liked school very much but my experience at Tuscarora has made me absolutely hate it.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Most students that I know don't even know who the principal is. I didn't know till my sophomore year. In fact, I'm still not sure what her name is.

Develops character: Disagree

Many students misbehave and many have little to no respect.

My children are receiving a quality education at a school with the best school spirit around. Communications have been improving over the past two years which I appreciate. There are active parent organizations including Athletic Boosters, Drama Boosters and the PTSO, so I can become an involved parent in the THS Community. There are always exceptions, however my children admire and look up to their teachers, and have made excellent progress academically. I am proud to be a Tuscarora Husky Parent.

I have multiple children at Tuscarora High School. I feel the staff does an excellent job. There are several young teachers that go well beyond the call of teaching duty to make sure the students are learning. Many of the staff members make it to almost all sporting and extracurricular events. It has a wonderful community feel.

My child has made a lot of friends and enjoys the school spirit but the communication with the parents could be improved. Emails often go unanswered.

Tuscarora High School has steadily improved after opening six years ago. School spirit in athletics has carried over to the overall feeling the students feel about their school. Next year I will have three students at THS who will be surrounded by good teachers, great role models and excellent guidance counselors. Thank you THS Administrators for continuing to evaluate and improve your school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are approachable; which I really like. They keep us informed on what’s going on in the class; and updates us on new assignments.

Our children have excelled at Tuscarora. With a rising senior our daughter improved her SAT scores by more than 200 points year over year. Tuscarora is the embodiment of school spirit. The football games are a must. With two students enrolled and one on the way, we are so fortunate that we get to go to this school

Last modified Tuscarora High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.