Leesburg, VA
Students enrolled: 1,546

Posted December 11, 2014
I haven't been there for two years and I still resent spending a single day in this horrible environment. Worst teachers and staff in existence.

Posted November 07, 2014
I have three children who are in the LCPS school system. A graduate from Heritage, a Senior at Tuscarora, and an elementary school aged child at LES. By far, our worst experience has been at Tuscarora (although while C. Magruder was at LES that was pretty bad). My middle child was bullied by two other children and all they offered was counseling! If PPJ doesn't see it, it didn't happen! For nearly a school year, the bullies were able to physically and socially torment my child to the point where she refused to attend school. Some of the physical bullying was caught on video. Nothing was done to the bullies. They continued to tornment my child to the point where we had to hire a lawyer and threaten to sue LCPS to get her out of THS. LCPS is growing too fast. In order to hire enough staff to teach and run the school, they had to lower their standards. The majority of the upper level administrators are not focused on the students, they are focused on their image. Teachers and administrators are hired, fired, or quit over spring break before the school year ends. Athletics are strong because of the previously lax school transfer rule. It is what it is because of PPJ.

Tuscarora High School 3

Posted September 21, 2014
I agree with other reviewers - fantastic community of parents, great athletics, beautiful facilities, awful administration and principal. How PPJ has been able to hold onto that job despite her many mishaps is the big unknown to parents and students alike. Additionally, though some teachers are excellent, there are too many unqualified teachers occupying classrooms as THS. No surprise as few want to work for PPJ. My child did not get a good education at THS, nor did he even care (that's what an oppressive administration will do to a child's spirit). Despite a less than stellar high school performance he was accepted to a good college based on his mediocre grades and exceptional athletic ability, and thank goodness he is excelling academically. When people glorify LC public schools as the best in the nation, I laugh in disagreement due to our experience at this school and the fact that, despite the many complaints, the LCPS administration refuses to do anything to address the issue. Very, very sad.

Tuscarora High School 5

Posted September 18, 2014
I have had 3 children go through Tuscarora and have had a great experience. They all have been accepted into wonderful colleges and have been well prepared. The school spirit and the sense of community in this school has been something they should be proud of. The athletic department is top notch! There are some teachers that aren't perfect as in EVERY school out there. The front office and the attendance office are something to avoid and for some reason haven't improved but other than that I would feel extremely comfortable sending my kids to this school.

Tuscarora High School 4

Posted May 04, 2014
Tuscarora is a wonderful school! Pamela Paul-Jacobs is running a successful, motivated building! Teachers & staff are wonderful & caring.

Posted April 18, 2014
Rude teachers and staff alike. The only good part to this school is the athletics as well as the spirit of the actual student body despite the negativity they are surrounded with everyday.

Tuscarora High School 5

Posted February 22, 2014
I've heard great things about Tuscarora High School. Many of my friends have kids that go there and they all seem to be impressed with it! My daughter will attend Tuscarora HS in just a couple years and I feel very comfortable that she will receive a great education there!

Posted November 04, 2013
Thankfully my daughter graduated and is now in college... She hated her time at Tuscarora and she was a good student. I must say the administration was greatly lacking in professionalism. The students were treated as though they were in middle school except for the chosen few that seemed to do whatever they pleased with no consequences. Having 4 children go through the LCPS system I am sad my youngest did not have a good high school experience. Her brothers and sisters remember fondly their time at Loudoun County High School. I hope someone steps in and takes charge of this school.

Tuscarora High School 3

Posted October 02, 2013
My child is a Jr at THS. I am hesitant to agree with he lowest reviews here but I cannot agree with the 5 stars. No way. School spirit at THS seems to be good and I think this is due in large part to the strong athletics department. Perhaps the athletics dept got lucky...the school district includes some of very affluent neighborhoods with parents who have been able to afford expensive sports training for their kids. Overall my child has had good teachers but he did experience a horrible Spanish teacher who should not have been teaching and who, with no notice, did not return after spring break. I was forewarned by other parents about the front office staff & have had no problem with anyone there as I've gone in with a sweet attitude -- you have to play the game to get assistance. The guidance office is not great. For example, there was no email or robo-call about the LoCo college fair and this kind of failing is tyipcal for THS. I often go to other schools' websites to get info as THS's is lacking. THS administration could take a lesson from the middle school, Smarts Mill, across the street. THAT school told us about the college fair. Seriously.

Posted September 28, 2013
The worst.THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST!!!!!!

Tuscarora High School
801 North King Street, Leesburg, VA  20176
(571) 252-1900
Last modified Tuscarora High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tuscarora High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top