Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

They are a horrible school. The teachers can't work with students. They always call home for every little issue. I am so tiered of this place and my child is just starting out.

Amount of homework: Disagree

As a parent of a 3rd grader, I understand more homework comes with this grade and on. But as a single parent with a child who is severe ADHD and tendencies of Autism it is very difficult for him to go to school all day for 7-8 hours and then come home with a ton of homework. It's hard for me as I work 9 hour days and come home to a lot of homework for my son. But, I understand this is how it will be.. I just think there should be a bit more lee weigh for students when it becomes quite overwhelming for new students too.

We just moved to Leesburg in June 2015 and my son spent Summer School here as his home school. He loved it, everyone has been very good to us since being here. My son is severe ADHD with tendencies of Autism and 17% of the students are on an IEP, if I remember correctly from what the VP told me. I have been quite pleased with how well he has done thus far even being the first month of school. My son does not do well to change due to his ADHD and tendencies of Autism but he loves his school and his teachers. They're patient and as long as you stay in contact with your teachers they will advocate for you and your child(ren). There is a great app his current teacher has told us about (he's in 3rd grade currently) and it has worked WONDERS for me to get in contact with her and stay up-to-date with everything. I was hesitant to move to this area as I didn't hear GREAT reviews about Leesburg itself, but we've been fairly pleased with the area. I commend the school being new and its staff, teachers, and special education committee on staying in contact with me consistently. The first day of school was rough and getting him from CASA was a pain but understandably so, it's always a rough first week or two.. :) Thanks!

The 2014 combined SOLs for this other school is 159.2 and while for Frederick Douglass they are 157.7. Yet, GreatSchools has decided to assign a 8/10 to this other school while a 4/10 to Frederick Douglass. This seems pretty arbitrary.

In it's first year in existence, I have been extremely pleased with the staff assembled by Principal Tim Martino. The teacher and facilities are excellent.

Frederick Douglass Elementary was built on a historic piece of land and strong educational framework. The Faculty and Staff exceed every parent's expectations and are always available to answer questions and provide support. Great school and community!!

Last modified Frederick Douglass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.