Posted August 22, 2014
This is an excellent neighborhood school! You won't find a more welcoming environment for your children or parents. Strong staff all the way around! High expectation for behavior and academics. I find the negative comments on here about my child's school to be very misguided and inaccurate, and to be from those individuals who have a "personal" issue with the school demographics. This site is a bit inaccurate, in general. Rebekah Moyer isn't the principal!

Posted July 03, 2014
I couldn't be happier with Catoctin's leadership, teachers, and community in which my family lives in. Administration is responsive and proactive, teachers are wonderful, and the community is beautiful! I am proud my students attend a great school!

Posted March 19, 2014
School is newly rezoned and includes several great neighborhoods with parents who really care about the school/education.

Posted February 23, 2014
Catoctin Elementary is a great school for your kids to attend. The principal, vice principal and all of the teachers are very capable and easy to talk to. The PTA is active and there is a boy scout pack that regularly meets at Catoctin which further enhances collaboration between the students, as well as building social responsibility, patriotism, respect for each other, and providing additional activities.

Catoctin Elementary School 3

Posted July 02, 2013
My children attended Catoctin ES in the 2012/13 school year. The school is average. Communication is below expectation - both in frequency and quality. Lots of paper communication comes home with each child (duplicate) and too many resources to check to see what's happening or coming up. Teachers are reportedly unable to correspond with parents without prior review and approval of correspondence by the principal which impairs timely communication of current or upcoming events, or rescheduling of tests, etc. Very frustrating. Teacher quality is very good; we had wonderful teachers this year and were very happy with that aspect of the school. There seems to be little parent involvement. PTA seems to be begging for participation; and the same parents seem to step up. Overall - staff morale seems to need improvement. There's a disconnect between teachers and administration which may be a result of principal's micromanagement and lack of leadership/motivation. And as such, issues raised can take longer than expected to be addressed. My children were happy and performed well, but I would have liked to have seen staff encourage the kids more to go/perform beyond the bare minimum.

Catoctin Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2012
Unfortunately this school has been receiving an unwarranted amount of complaints this year due to several parents who are upset at the re-districting in Loudoun County. They are spearheading their efforts at the 5th grade level and they truly do not know what tree they are barking up. This School just hired a highly experienced 5th Grade teacher that comes with an impeccable pedigree of education and experience. Unlike many educators these days, this teacher s primary focus is on the education of our children. It is not just a job to this teacher; it is her life's work. Rarely do you find someone as dedicated, knowledgeable and caring as this "star teacher". So I am making a plea to all the parents who are frustrated with the change of schools. Please stop the complaining, your child is in the hands of a master educator. If your goal is to make the teachers frustrated to the point that they consider moving on, you may just get your wish and lose out on the best thing for your child. #Knowthefacts

Catoctin Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2012
My son was removed from this school following 2 years of issues. I am beyond disappointed with this school and it's staff. The administration does not seem to have good control over the daily operations at the school. Children are not being taken care of in the way they should be. My son will now be home schooled until another option is found.

Catoctin Elementary School 4

Posted November 30, 2011
This is my family's third year at Catoctin Elementary. I love that so many children can and do walk to school from the surrounding neighborhoods. I appreciate that it is an established school catering to a community that includes families and teachers who attended Catoctin as children, teachers who have provided continuity by sticking around for decades, and a diverse group of families whose children spill out of the school each day as peers despite many differences. The teachers and staff are dedicated and supportive, and easy to communicate with. In volunteering with the PTA I have met many caring parents who reach out in different ways to support their own kids, the school staff, and the entire Catoctin community.

Posted July 25, 2010
I went to school there for three years and loved every single one! THe teachers are fun and you learn a lot without really knowing it! THe only problem I had was not being challenged. I wanted to skip second grade for a higher level of classes I was not ready to give up my great teacher and good friends

Posted May 21, 2010
I am so happy to hear that Catoctin Elementary is a warm, energetic school. Both of my children attended Catoctin. One went on to Yale and is now a professor at TXA&M. The other went to Kettering, is a Mechanical Engineer and designs for Ford. Both continue to tell me that Catoctin played a huge part in their love for learning. Keep up the great reputation for Catoctin and the wonderful staff.

Catoctin Elementary School
311 Catoctin Circlecle SW, Leesburg, VA  20175
Last modified Catoctin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Catoctin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top