Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Catoctin has been my boys' school for the last three years. We have had nothing but phenomenal teachers who challenge high performing students and push those who may be struggling to succeed. School events are wonderful and there is a great sense of community for all families. Students are encouraged to be respectful, responsible, and ready. Mr. Chiet and Mrs. Rueckert rock!

Catoctin Elementary is a great school for your kids and mine. The management staff and each and every teacher take a genuine interest in helping your student enjoy learning in Math, English, Spelling, Science, Writing and extracurricular activities. The school also hosts several events throughout the year whereby parents can socialize and communicate with each other. Your children will look forward to doing Math and Reading by all the encouragement and tools that the Catoctin staff and teachers put to work for your child.

This is our 3rd year at Catoctin ES. The school is very good. Communication has improved over the last couple of years - both in frequency and quality. The PTA has done a great job these past 2 years; improving communication, addressing issues that improve the quality of school offerings, and planning/supporting many quality events and programs throughout the school year. Teacher quality is very good; we had wonderful teachers each year and were very happy with that aspect of the school. I really like how administration supports the expectation that our children need to be responsible and respectful. Any behavioral issues raised, involving my children or not, seem to have been addressed timely and effectively. My children were happy and performed well; but I would have liked to have seen staff encourage the kids more to go/perform beyond the bare minimum. I could have used more support on this issue throughout this past school year. Overall - we are happy with Catoctin ES. It's been a pleasant experience.

This is an excellent neighborhood school! You won't find a more welcoming environment for your children or parents. Strong staff all the way around! High expectation for behavior and academics. I find the negative comments on here about my child's school to be very misguided and inaccurate, and to be from those individuals who have a "personal" issue with the school demographics. This site is a bit inaccurate, in general. Rebekah Moyer isn't the principal!

I couldn't be happier with Catoctin's leadership, teachers, and community in which my family lives in. Administration is responsive and proactive, teachers are wonderful, and the community is beautiful! I am proud my students attend a great school!

School is newly rezoned and includes several great neighborhoods with parents who really care about the school/education.

Unfortunately this school has been receiving an unwarranted amount of complaints this year due to several parents who are upset at the re-districting in Loudoun County. They are spearheading their efforts at the 5th grade level and they truly do not know what tree they are barking up. This School just hired a highly experienced 5th Grade teacher that comes with an impeccable pedigree of education and experience. Unlike many educators these days, this teacher s primary focus is on the education of our children. It is not just a job to this teacher; it is her life's work. Rarely do you find someone as dedicated, knowledgeable and caring as this "star teacher". So I am making a plea to all the parents who are frustrated with the change of schools. Please stop the complaining, your child is in the hands of a master educator. If your goal is to make the teachers frustrated to the point that they consider moving on, you may just get your wish and lose out on the best thing for your child. #Knowthefacts

My son was removed from this school following 2 years of issues. I am beyond disappointed with this school and it's staff. The administration does not seem to have good control over the daily operations at the school. Children are not being taken care of in the way they should be. My son will now be home schooled until another option is found.

This is my family's third year at Catoctin Elementary. I love that so many children can and do walk to school from the surrounding neighborhoods. I appreciate that it is an established school catering to a community that includes families and teachers who attended Catoctin as children, teachers who have provided continuity by sticking around for decades, and a diverse group of families whose children spill out of the school each day as peers despite many differences. The teachers and staff are dedicated and supportive, and easy to communicate with. In volunteering with the PTA I have met many caring parents who reach out in different ways to support their own kids, the school staff, and the entire Catoctin community.

I went to school there for three years and loved every single one! THe teachers are fun and you learn a lot without really knowing it! THe only problem I had was not being challenged. I wanted to skip second grade for a higher level of classes I was not ready to give up my great teacher and good friends

Last modified Catoctin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.