Bad
Good

My two kids both attend LCHS my oldest just graduated this year. From a parents perspective we have been very happy with this school. I have one son who is very outgoing and another who struggled socially coming in and they both have flourished here. The majority of the teachers that work here are wonderful. They are always there before school and during Raider Rally to give kids extra help. My kids feel this school is very tolerant and the so called "jocks" and brainiacs co-exists very well. I know there are clicks but they don't seem to be the norm. We have been happy with the academics, a few bad apples in there, but my son scored all 5's and a few 4's on his AP tests and will the starting college with 19 credits. LCHS is 4A division for sports. Our football and baseball teams are very strong and we have gone or own states as a team or individually in Boys Soccer, Boys LX, Girls Basketball, Girls Volleyball, Tennis, Golf, XC and Track & Field.....I am sure I am missing a few. We have been very happy with the choice to send our kids here!

I currently go to County and I love it. It sometimes has it's bad moments. I agree w/ the whole clique thing in the other reviews, but to an extent. In every school you're going to have cliques, you can't just avoid that. And if you think you can then that's naive, but anyways, there's always somewhere you can find your place at county. Some people actually do go out of their way to talk to you if you're alone and be your friend. But besides that County has outstanding music and art programs. And some very good athletics! There are good teachers who actually want to help you. County is pretty great overall.

This school is amazing. Some people on here say it is cliquey but I don't feel like it is. Everyone has social friend groups, however everyone knows everyone and it's easy to make friends with people outside of your friend group. The academics are great, the athletics are great, and the arts are great. This school was ranked the 3rd best high school in VA for being well rounded. It really is a great school and by far the best HS in Leesburg.

It's a great school! Most teachers working are very generous and kind. The principal is tolarant with the students. Some teachers could be kinder to students. We could also have some more field trips in some clubs. Overall, great place to learn!

Overall if you are looking for a school with diversity, and strong academics, this isn't really your place. This school has a mainly stuck in the past in mentality. When you come to school during normal hours you can almost immediately get the deadened, closed-off feel to it. This school is very cliquey. Minority students make up less than 10% of the school as a whole and they all hang out with each other. The school almost comes off as a sterotypical movie high school. The cheerleaders don't talk to the "geeks" and the jocks are friends with the "popular girls" and the "drama freaks and the "hipsters" all hang out. All very stereotypical. I' was here for 3 years before I got transfer to another school my senior year. Almost all the new students I met there transferred a year later if they had the choice. The academics are for the most part sub-par. The teachers here, many of them have been teaching for 30+ years and you can physically feel their apathy bleeding from them. There's no passion for teaching there, and as a result many students slip between the cracks. If your kid is very outgoing and makes friends easily they should be fine. If not, look elsewhere.

i transferred to this school after attending george c marshall high school in fairfax county for my first two years of high school. I absolutely hated it. Except for one or two teachers who were outstanding. All my other teachers were not very helpful and had a bad attitude. Also, the AP program was far less rigorous than the IB program at marshall and there seemed to be less concern for the students overall growth than at Marshall. The students were very clique oriented and there was much less diversity and openness. Also, there was a lacking in a sense of true community. While at my other school i was very motivated and excited to learn, when i attended county i was much less likely to do my homework or feel any motivation or excitement there.

Great school to attend. Is responsive to resonable requests. Has a good solid atmosphere that allows varied participation in a variety of groups

Last modified Loudoun County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.