Lexington, VA

Rockbridge County High School 5

Posted September 15, 2013
I'm not longer a student but graduated just a few years ago. I felt much more prepared for college than many of my peers and thought that rchs gave me every opportunity to excel. We also had many students attend high end institutions. I was surprised the rating was so low. This is probably attributable to a wide variety of students some who didn't care about school but many of those are doing well without college. Additionally from what I've heard from my college peers it seems like there was much less violence, drugs, and teenage births at Rockbridge than many higher rated schools in more suburban areas.

Rockbridge County High School 3

Posted May 13, 2011
At time of writing I am a Senior attending this school. There are plenty of bad words circulating about this school, and while there are some problems I would like to shed some good on this school. Firstly, there is the utterly splendid Theatre department. What's disappointing is the lack of funding towards this, though. It might seem that all the funding for extracurricular activites heads to the sports (not that I'm decrying sports, I support our wildcat sports!). It is almost upsetting to know this and consider the high quality of the productions put forth, with both student and teacher working together. The Art department is also poorly-advertised. Not sure on their numerical funding as I have not taken a physical art class. However, I have taken Creative Writing and Expository Writing, which I believe were very enriching classes. I would like to believe that these classes have attributed to my (hopefully) excellent writing. The rest of the courses are fairly cut-and-go: the standard maths, sciences, englishes, etc. The quality of those classes often depends upon the teacher in charge. I essence, the school has a slightly tainted rep. but offers excellently enriching courses.

Posted April 17, 2010

Rockbridge County High School 1

Posted October 25, 2009

Rockbridge County High School 4

Posted July 13, 2009
I have a son who will be a Junior this year and I have been very pleased with the High School.

Posted July 12, 2009
As a parent of a recent RCHS graduate, I am very disappointed in the leadership of this school. It's a shame the principal has not been replaced by a more ethical person. I hear this echoed throughout Rockbridge County, Buena Vista and my child even said the teachers can't tolerate her. You wonder why the constant faculty turnover? If coming to the area please look at Buena Vista or a private school. I will for my other child.

Posted March 10, 2009

Rockbridge County High School 1

Posted August 15, 2008

Rockbridge County High School 5

Posted December 24, 2007

Posted October 24, 2007

Rockbridge County High School
143 Greenhouse Rd, Lexington, VA  24450
Last modified Rockbridge County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockbridge County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top