Lorton, VA

Posted April 26, 2015
I had such great experience with Gunston. The quality of the teachers is exeptional. The overall environment is friendly and positive. Academically, they have improved tremendously in the last three years. My kindergartner is challenged and can read well obove his grade level. My kids performance is well communicated and issues are always addresses in timely manner. The school is small in size, which is a good thing because teachers and staff ernd to know every sutdent by name and give them special attention.

Posted October 29, 2012
I continue, as noted in June 2011 in my rating, to maintain that Gunston Elementary provides an excellent environment for our two children (now grade 3 and 6) in 2012. I am grateful for the great folks to include an excellent and caring teacher to now our 3rd Grader (Mrs. Benton) and excellent and caring counselor (Ms. Ephraim). Our 6th grader is participating in the AAP program at Lorton Station where he is enjoying his teacher (Mrs. Hanscom) but still misses his 'home school' - Gunston. This is a true testimony to the great environment/'at home feel' that Gunston provides. It takes a village, as they say. We thank you for your continued dedication, Gunston dedicated teachers/counselors!!

Gunston Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2011
In general: Pretty good school. My son learn to love math here. The school has ZERO tolerance for bullies and provides a healthy learning enviroment. Downs: His teacher was pertty bad getting back to me though, never answered my emails or calls; however, the lack of communication did not affected my son performance or grades.

Posted August 20, 2010
great school , good teachers and helpful administration, warm environement I recommend this school for people who are living in lorton

Gunston Elementary School

Posted April 30, 2010
My sun have autism ...Until this moment I am satisfied ...thanx to the teacher Ms Gali

Gunston Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2010
My children have attended Gunston for the past 3 years I would have to say that the whole experience has beed less that ideal. The teaching staff is adequit, but I feel that they are so preoccupied by standards of learning and other requirements of the school district that they simply can't focus on the students. I have also seen an alarming bullying problem that the administration either can't or won't address. I don't think that my children will be lacking in the basics, but I also can't say this school goes above and beyond expectations. As a military mom, I won't miss this school when we move.

Posted May 30, 2008
Great school! My Kindergartner can read. He has gone on field trips. He comes home excited about assemblies that the school has had. Lots of art and music activities to stimulate his creativity. Very involved and caring staff and faculty.

Posted January 31, 2008
Love it! The teachers are caring and the classrooms are organized. The bus/car rider system is organized. The office is organized. Everything runs seemlessly! My children are learning leaps and bounds ahead of their friends at Fort Bragg, NC. They are learning now what they should have two years ago. I am constantly impressed with the music, dance, plays, science activities, and after school programs they offer. They involve the parents with take home notes, calendars, and Gunston newspapers. The prinipal is very involved and takes time to attend all the events we've seen. She is strict but kind. Excellent combination! We are military and move frequently and this is by far the best school we've ever been fortunate enough to attend.

Gunston Elementary School
10100 Gunston Rd, Lorton, VA  22079
Last modified Gunston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gunston Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top