Lynchburg, VA

Dearington Elem/Innovation 4

Posted February 20, 2013
My son has been a student of Dearington Elementary since kindergarden and he is now in the fifth grade.The staff under Mrs Haley have always been caring and supportive in every area of his life.I have visited the school every month and I can see the sincerity in all the staff.I can only hope that the system allows this closeness and caring for each student to continue.

Dearington Elem/Innovation 0

Posted January 07, 2008
I think DESI is a wonderful school filled with teachers and staff who really do care about the students there.

Dearington Elem/Innovation 4

Posted August 21, 2007

Posted March 20, 2007
We are very pleased with Dearington Elementary School for Innovation Up until this school year, our 4th grade son was at another school in Lynchburg. Moving him to Dearington was the best thing we could have done. The entire staff did an outstanding job welcoming our son. He was treated as if he had always been there. The academic program is one of the best we have experienced. We are impressed with the extracurricular activities that the school provides for the students and parents. It is obvious that the school is one big happy family. We cannot say enough about the good things we have seen at Dearington School of Innovation.

Posted January 27, 2005
I am in love with this school. Sallie Cuvelier and Linda Barnett have been wonderful with my kindergartener's transition to school. Thank you.

Posted July 31, 2003
Both of my 2 daughters have attended this school..it was a wonderful experience on the whole...The former Principal, the late Jimmie Ping, was a wonderful man who cared for and inspired all his students, he encouraged them, he knew each child by name and what their special talents and activities were...but, he also knew what they had to work hardest at in school..and in life at home, and offered encouragement on that front as well. My 2 girls do not have a father, and they loved this man, who loved all the children and made achieving the best they could ...a gift to him. (At his funeral last fall, their were more children dragging their parents to say goodbye...and the parents felt they were saying goodbye to a close member of their family.) He made school a place to achieve, and soar....The present principal has been there only a couple of years, and is trying to live up to Mr Ping's example...a struggle, I am sure, but this school's teachers and workers are dedicated toward the best experience of learning and growing possible...I bless the school and all that it has given my girls.

Dearington Elem/Innovation
210 Smyth St, Lynchburg, VA  24501
Last modified Dearington Elem/Innovation is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dearington Elem/Innovation Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top