Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 02, 2015
Both of my children attended Boonsboro Elementary and now my granddaughter is attending as well! She loves the school and her teachers. She just transferred here this year from a much larger school in Virginia Beach and started a month after her classmates. She has been able to catch up and is excited about learning in a small school environment. Except for one child in her class that apparently is a bully to her and her classmates, all of her experiences have been positive so far. Mrs. Williams is an amazing principal and seems to really love all of the students. The atmosphere is always friendly and welcoming at the school.

Boonsboro Elementary School
Develops honesty: Agree

Posted December 02, 2015
I feel that bullying is not addressed here as it should be. From the amount of complaints I have heard about a certain 3rd grader, who apparently is an equal opportunity bullier, he should no longer be a student here if his behavior was being addressed properly.

Boonsboro Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2014
I have two children at Boonsboro- a rising 5th grader and a rising 2nd grader. There are many amazing teachers here (and a very, very few who are not) and my children have really enjoyed their experiences here. The principal has been very quick to address any issues that we have had (which are few and far between) and is a welcoming face whenever I visit the school. The hallways are lined with student artwork and the display cases are filled with projects. The students are proud of their school and take great care of it! As a teacher in a neighboring district I have been quite pleased with the education that both of my children have received so far at Boonsboro.

Boonsboro Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
Disappointing. If we were asked for one word to describe our experience with Boonsboro Elementary we would have to say disappointing. When we were looking for a house we asked a number of our friends and co-workers who had children attend the school about it. Every one of them spoke highly of the school and its long time principal. However, when we recount our experiences our friends and neighbors are shocked. There is a distinct lack of communication from the teachers to the parents. In many cases the teachers and administrators come across as disinterested. The school fails to focus on the fundamentals: reading, writing and arithmetic. Our child was never taught how to properly form letters or numbers. We bought the Handwriting without Tears program to help. Simple addition and subtraction should be hallmarks of the second grade. They are not. We spent a summer drilling quick addition to 20. Bottom line: We are contemplating taking our child out of the school and paying money to send them to Lynchburg City Schools or a private school. If we were not interested in our children s education the school would have done a terrible job preparing them for Middle and High School.

Posted May 15, 2006
Wow! I could cry that we are moving out of this district. My daughter has had an awesome year. Her teacher has made learning fun so my daughter's reading has improved exponentially, her fellow students are good kids & the PTO is strong. From my observation, the principal seems to know each child by name and makes a point to speak to them. This is a great school!

Posted August 05, 2005
My daughter attended boonsboro after having a bad experience with a teacher at a school in a different district. Boonsboro was incredible. The teachers were warm, receptive and very effective, skilled teachers. The principal was always available and interacted much in a positive way with the children. All of the staff, from teachers, the principal, custodial staff, cafeteria staff, librarians, music teachers, office staff... All of them were great and we never had any bad experience with boonsboro elementary. You can feel it in the atmosphere when you walk in the school. We highly recommend this school. We paid tuition for our child to attend because we live in the city of lynchburg---it was worth every penny!

Posted November 11, 2004
I have two boys in the school and five years of involvement with Boonsboro Elementary School. The staff and faculty s professionalism and enthusiasm delight me. The school has an excellent focus on the children and portrays a great balance between compassion, flexibility, and maintaining an effective learning environment. The children also have excellent recreational opportunities through the school's involvement with the County's voluntary sports association.

Posted June 14, 2003
My daughter began Kindergarten last year, and could read at age five. Her school is great because the staff are great. I was aware of every aspect of my child's education. They highly encourage parental involvement, and are friendly, up to date, and knowledgeable. My daughter has been exposed to a great big world of learning, and she is like a sponge!!

Boonsboro Elementary School
1234 Eagle Circle, Lynchburg, VA  24503
Last modified Boonsboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boonsboro Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top