Posted October 09, 2011
My children love going to school every day! Excellent teachers, head of school, and staff. We couldn't be any happier with JRDS!

Posted January 05, 2011
I have two children at JRDS, and although they are very different types of learners, they are both challenged academically. Small classes, lots of personal attention and incredibly gifted teachers make each day a great experience. The Head of School and Assistant have a strong vision for the school - to turn out scholars, leaders and citizens - and it is echoed is everything we do at school. I encourage other parents to take a look at JRDS - its a gem!

Posted July 01, 2008

Posted September 25, 2007
I have been very impressed with emphasis on scholarship, leadership and citizenship. My children are challenged while being exposed to a wealth of opportunities - taking a foreign language beginning in kindergarten, gym three times a week, computer twice a week, art, music and library once a week. The teachers are committed to teaching, creative about their approach and demonstrate that our children are known and loved.

Posted August 22, 2003
- a former student
I love this school!!! I will be in the eigth grade at James River in 2003-2004 and I am going to be so sad to leave! The friendships you make are unbreakable and the teacher's aren't just your teachers, they are your friends to. I have recieved the best education there and have cherished every moment of it!

James River Day School