K-12|Private

Bad
Good

We currently have 4 of our 5 children enrolled in Desmond T Doss. Small class room sizes allow the teachers to give individual attention and identify strengths and weaknesses in each student. Teachers and staff create an atmosphere of safety, concern for each child. Parents are very active and always made to feel welcome at the school. My oldest has returned to public high school this year. Going to Desmond T Doss for grades 5-8 helped focus and concentrate on her Math weaknesses. She was prepared with better study habits upon entering high school thanks to teachers that took the time and effort to build her self esteem and character. My children are being shaped and molded not only educationally but in character.

I have four school-aged children, plus one still at home. We homeschooled our children for years, but we heard some amazing things about this school. When our fourth child came of school age, we thought a great foundation for Kindergarten would be wise. After a week there, I knew this school was something special. Within a month, my husband and I knew we wanted all four of our kids to go here. There small class settings that allow teachers to cater to the gifts and strengthen the weaknesses of each individual student are amazing. Their hands-on learning approach with so many educational activities outside the classroom in addition to their ability to cater to the kids individual needs makes this have all the benefits of homeschool in addition to the amazing social benefits of a traditional school. The staff all know every kid and their parents by name. They show more love than any parent could ever ask for, and they teach about Jesus in everything they do. I can't recommend this school highly enough. Every single one of our kids have grown and become better people because of being at this school, and I plan on keeping them there for as long as God allows.

I really believe that God moves mountians at this school. Last year I fell into hard times and had to put my child into public schools. I was devastated to say the least. After 4 days and many tears Of him being in public school I got a call from the paster there and he said that he really believed that my son needed to be there. I didnt have the money to send him and told the paster so. He made a way for my son to be there anyway and the next day he was pulled out of public schools and placed back in the hands of God and Desmond T. Doss. He is in 1st grade this year and still there. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayers. Cleo Shirkey

Both my children go here and have been for years! The staff is so eager to help you and your child no matter what the circumstances! I wouldnt have my boys go anywhere else!

This is a great school. I have two boys enrolled at Desmond T Doss and I could not be happier with the education and the Christian leadership they are getting at Doss. My oldest boy is a timid child and I was very concerned about putting him in a public school. Thanks to the Lord I found Desmond T Doss. He is happy and loves to go to school.

I love the Pre-K and Kindergarten program. It's awesome!

Last modified Desmond T Doss Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12