Lynchburg, VA

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 25, 2015
I had a wonderful experience with Tomahawk. My son had been treated as a "problem" student at another school, but the staff here embraced him as bright and creative and it made a world of difference. The administration (particularly the guidance counselor) were wonderful resources for my son and I.

Tomahawk Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2014
Not impressed at all with this school. The administration doesn't care at all about students!!

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers are the best!

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is so awesome! They really care about their students.

Posted September 15, 2009
Great teachers.My husband went he and now so do my kids. They keep the parents very involved

Posted September 15, 2009
This school has a wonerful staff . My nephew cant wait to go everyday

Posted September 15, 2009
I went there and my boys do now. The staff is still as great I remember them to be.

Posted November 03, 2005
I would highly recommend this school! I transfered my daugther out of a Bedford County School and never looked back. My daughter's grades went up to A B Honor Roll and her SOL test scores are now above average. She is now in Brookville Middle School and while it is different, I am still more pleased with Campbell County Schools than Beford County Schools!

Posted August 17, 2004
I am very pleased with Tomahawk. My children recently transfered from another school district and they have both done very well. They encourage the children to do there best without overloading them with stress. The children are given the chance to perform for parents frequently and the staff makes them feel so proud of their accomplishments. They also give the parents many opportunities to come to the school to be involved. We are very happy with Tomahawk thus far!

Posted May 26, 2004
TES is a great school within a great school district. It is academically challenging, my children's PALS test scores rise even farther above standard every year. The staff is friendly and welcoming, and teachers communicate well with parents. There are strict standards on attendance, requiring valid reasons for missing school (such as illness). Full safety measures are enforced, from pick-up and drop-off traffic patterns, to checking ID before releasing a child to any adult not immediately recognized by staff. We like this school so much, as our family searches for a new house to purchase, we will only consider homes in the Tomahawk district.

155 Bee Drive, Lynchburg, VA  24502
Last modified Tomahawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tomahawk Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top