Madison, VA

Madison County High School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
Sickened with this school's handling of my children moving out of the county. Multiple requests to allow our children to remain in school went unanswered and then we received a letter in the mail giving us 48 hours to get our children out of the school or they would be kicked out. The superintendent, Mathew Eberhart is a horrible example of a school official. He showed unprofessionalism and clear lack of concern for the academic well fare of our children. Tina Weaver, director of student services, was rude and unprofessional. She showed no concern for the emotional or academic well being of our children. I am disgusted with the school system and sickened by the horrendous actions of the school board: knowing that this rule isn't enforced across the board is what infuriated me the most. The school is well aware of other families who have lied on documents providing a Madison PO box yet live outside of the county. Sports is the county's main concern. Not academics.

Posted October 10, 2009
bc its in a rual settin. the staff is great. it has good sports programs that excell. overall its a good school to be goin to. iv been in the school system since kindergarten. im now a junior

Posted October 05, 2009
They are the best small high school ever! We have an undefeated football team, a first rank marching band and award winning colorguard.

Posted October 05, 2009
I love Madison County because it's really small and all of the teachers are so nice and helpful! Madison is a great school overall.

Posted October 04, 2009
I love madison schools because the teachers take there own time after or before school to stay and help you out. its just a simple small town school and not many people get to experience it! I love my school and never wantit to change or expand!

Posted September 23, 2009
My high school experience is something that I will always take with me. The teachers always care, about both things in and out of school, and for me that really made a difference. Knowing that I can now go back and visit and talk about college is really comforting. I like knowing that when I will need a job reference in the future, I know that they would be willing to write one for me since they impacted my decision to become a teacher.

Madison County High School 5

Posted September 23, 2009
We moved to Madison because of the great schools and close-knit community---Luv it!!!

Posted September 22, 2009
I am a former student and the parent of 2 alumni. The quality of the education and small town spirit are unrivaled.

Posted September 21, 2009
I love Madison because I was homeschooled. I didn't have any friends, or any real experience. Going to school there led me to many of the people and things I love. From my favorite teacher, to my favorite class, to the track team, to my boyfriend. Madison has excellent opportunities in a tiny community.

Madison County High School 4

Posted September 20, 2009
We have a very supportive community; our band and forensics programs are among the best in the state. Our debate and drama teams are also very good.

Madison County High School
68 Mountaineer Lane, Madison, VA  22727
Last modified Madison County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top