Manassas, VA

Posted May 15, 2015
Great things are happening at Baldwin Elementary School in the City of Manassas, VA! Both of my daughters began their public education at Baldwin, successfully completed middle scchool and graduated with honors from Osbourn HS. The tradition continues with the fabulous teachers and staff preparing for the next generation of successful students who will attend the NEW Baldwin Elementary an Intermediate School... Construction is underway! Congrats to the Baldwin Rockets Family!

Baldwin Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2014
The teachers care about the students but have a limit on what they can provide. Parents are not willing to step and demand a difference. The students that want to learn are limited once they reach the classroom goal. The students are not being challenged. The schools are only concerned with obtaining and keeping status. The principal leadership is only when time allows. The City needs to start doing something. Our children are not leaving prepared. Check the rankings and start demanding a change. I am now looking to move when my lease is up. I am glad I did not buy here. I have tried but I reach wall after wall. Keep improving the look of the City because you will need that to draw families in. I hope they do not have children. You have to challenge the students and stop teaching down to them.

Posted July 25, 2014
We are so excited about the direction of Baldwin. There are caring staff members and the probability of a new building on the horizon is just the right mix of energy with a love of learning. The students are lucky to have the the kind and caring teachers that have been carefully cultivated to nurture mind and body for the children of the Baldwin district.

Posted February 22, 2014
We were thrilled with Baldwin! All three of our kids thrived there and now the School Board has announced they are going to build a new Baldwin opening in 2016, very exciting for the great teachers and the community. I wish we could go back!

Posted August 30, 2013
Both teachers and staff are great! My son was nervous on the way to the meet and greet for new students. He will be going to second grade there. Within minutes I saw the change in his face, the teacher made him feel like home. On the way to the house he said he could not wait for the first day of school! All I can say is Thank you so much!!!! Looking forward to a wonderful year!!!!

Baldwin Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2013
teachers are loving and caring! The counselor really cares about our kids (we had to work with her a lot and she is great) . The principal was hard to reach and AP changed the old AP really seemed to love working with parents. Overall, good school and I would not hesitate to enroll my child in this public school versus a private school as some of our neighbors choose to do.

Posted August 05, 2013
This school does a great job with my child. My child has attended for two years. The teachers work hard to challenge my child and also communicate well with me.

Posted February 15, 2013
I have had two of my three children attend Baldwin (one currently there), and have had an excellent experience in both cases. I have been impressed with both the teachers and staff - all of whom have worked closely with me to ensure that my children's educational needs are being met, and our expectations as parents are exceeded. I'm really rather surprised at some of the comments I've seen here, because my experience has been SO different. The one BIG question I have is where these parents that are so critical have been for the PTO/PAP meetings. That's the only area I see where the school falls short, and THAT isn't the school's fault. Perhaps if those parents spent more time being actively involved instead of just complaining, their experience might have been better. I have seen a few parents who have come in with a hostile, combative attitude, and I honestly believe that that attitude carries over into their perception of the school. Bottom line- It's a FANTASTIC school, even more so when you, as a parent, are willing to make the investment in being involved. Like a savings account, the more you put in, the more it grows.

Baldwin Elementary School 4

Posted December 18, 2012
The teachers and staff at Baldwin are wonderful. I had many reservations about my children attending there. However, after 2 years and getting to know the staff and teachers by volunteering in the school, I am so thankful my children attend this school. We do want to move to a bigger house, but I want to stay in Baldwin's District.

Baldwin Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2012
I am also waiting for feedback on this principal. If the assistant principal is usually responding within the hour, it makes me wonder how this could be possible? Unless she is always at her desk or you have only emailed once or twice? Specifically, what has been done to raise test scores/reading abilities, teacher morale and prepare students to move on to Mayfield? From what I see there is a lack of leadership in this principal and it shows.

Baldwin Elementary School
9705 Main St, Manassas, VA  20110
Last modified Baldwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baldwin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top