Bad
Good

Osbourn High School
Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
My son has had to work for good grades. He has support through Eagle Block and the Saturday program.

Posted April 30, 2015
My fourth and fifth child are now attending Osbourn. Our oldest three have graduated and all are very successful in their chosen careers. Osbourn did and does a wonderful job in preparing the students for college or whatever their selected career path is. They have an incredibly dedicated core of high quality teachers. Thank you Osbourn!

Osbourn High School 4

Posted April 30, 2015
I will have my second child graduate from OHS this June. I have been impressed with the level of classes, the wide range of ways our children could be involved and the care that the administration has taken with us during a few bumps in the road. My son played guitar and football and soccer and did art classes. My daughter sings, acts, loves to read and write. Math and science are not high on their lists, and if I were to give a blemish it would be to the lack of excitement put on those types of learning. I love the school board, I love the facilities, I love the dedicated teachers. I am encouraged by their ability to honor diversity and allow traditions to be carried out. I can only say that for those who make it their business to take advantage of the special opportunities, ap courses and extra circulars. Some students are culturally challenged which makes OHS look awful. I really believe that those students who want an education can achieve and go anywhere. We have friends who's children have gone to ivy league and admired schools. My children were looking for specific majors and have been able to attend the schools of their choice.

Posted March 04, 2015
Greatschools allows schools with incomplete profiles and terrible reviews to have ratings of 7 or better. With repeated attempts to ask for a review of our score of 2 (recently moved to 3) they continue to cite examples of average progress when our record reflects otherwise. If you are moving to Manassas, please don't look at just the number score on Greatschools before you decide where to move and where to live. Manassas is a GREAT community and OHS is a WONDERFUL school. Every Senior at that school who I know has been accepted to their first choice school for college. I wonder where you house a score for that?

Posted February 17, 2015
Moved here from Prince William County. Could not be happier with our choice. My daughter is so happy! Her English teacher ( Stippey) is incredible and she received a tablet to use through social studies. The teachers are personable, conscientious and hard working. The school is neat as a pin. The athletic program is top notch as is the band. For us, we feel like we landed in a better spot. Don't believe what you hear or might read - Osbourn has great kids and is very safe. It has the normal drama of high school but that's it. Happy in Manassas City!

Posted January 19, 2015
My daughters graduated from Osbourn High School, and they are happy and successful in the careers of their choice. Any school, public or private, will have its ups and downs, successes and challenges. I am proud to live in the City of Manassas and call Osbourn High School our own Way to go, Eagles!

Posted January 16, 2015
This school deserves way better than the rating Great Schools has given it. I have worked in other schools in the state. OHS has some of the same issues, but a much greater commitment and heart than many of the bigger schools in northern Virginia. I believe in these kids and their families - they are hard-working, fun-loving and KIND students who just want what all kids want - a future.... Update this site!

Posted December 09, 2014
I think OHS is a really good school. I play sports and am involved in activities. That helps me feel like part of the school. I really believe my teachers and dean care about me. They spend a lot of extra time. Also, everyone pretty much gets along. The principal is strict but nice. Go Eagles!

Posted December 09, 2014
Under new administration (superintendent & principal), OHS has improved greatly. My children used to attend a local Catholic school and we are pleased with our MCPS experience.

Posted August 29, 2014
We are new to Manassas and just enrolled our son in Osbourn as a sophomore. He has been in private school his entire life and has a 4.6 GPA. We are attracted to Osbourn by the course offerings especially in Honors, AP and Governor's School. The teachers, guidance counselors, administrators and coaches we have met have all been fantastic. No weak links.

Osbourn High School
9005 Tudor Ln, Manassas, VA  20110
Last modified Osbourn High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.