Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

School has gone downhill since the new principal arrived in 2015. The new principal is not honest and doesn't take the safety of the kids seriously. So many issues so far in the 2016 school year that I am requesting my child to be tranferred out of the school. The PTO is exclusive and run by stay at home Mom's. They make it difficult for working Mom's like myself to be involved since there meetings are at 4. My child has been traumatized so bad this year he had to be put into counseling. Parents beware. Question everything and do not put your trust into the new principal. It is so sad that 1 individual can ruin an awesome school in 1.5 years.

It provides to kids that need help with school, average, and advanced kids. Thy have many athletic programs and clubs. The staff are all very kind and act like they like teaching and enjoy the kids, much more then some other school that I have gone to.

The staff and teachers are caring. The teachers are top notch! They go above and beyond. All of my children have loved this school. The PTO is highly involved, parent volunteers are there daily in the classrooms. The PTO has so many community events you and your children will make lifetime friends, and they raise a ton of money for the school to enrich the studying.

We love the faculty, curriculum, and facility. This is a top rate Elementary School. The staff is highly dedicated, and it is apparent that they love what they do. I hope that they are aware of how deeply some of the children's parents appreciate them, and all that they do to help raise our children.

What makes Marshall amazing: talented and highly professional teachers, dedicated leadership, and a parent community/PTO with tireless volunteers! Their scores are #1, extra-curricular programs( Robotics, Spanish, Math 24) are first class, the art and music programs are phenomenal - fantastic art fair and best strings and chorus productions hands down. Mrs. Huebner, the principal, is the schools most cherished asset - she inspires the students and staff to be their best and that is why this school is THE BEST.

The education is good and the children have fun learning. The rating is not based on this, but the some faculty and leadership lack blatant common sense. We have repeatedly had issues with the faculty making accusations of incidents with our children, only to find 'opps! my bad' when simple questions are asked, like the last name to verify you have the right kid. Protect your kids if you go here, require they contact the psychologist to be present during questioning, or inappropriate questions could be asked. There is a reason the Students' Rights page is being put in the county handbook.

We moved to Marshall two years ago and we are so pleased with our experience here. Marshall is well known to be a very desirable school and they live up to their reputation. There is so much offered for students and they have a very strict policy about bullying. They work very hard to teach students good character skills and have been awarded for this. Their test scores also outshine most other schools in the area. I am so thankful we moved to this school.

Marshall Elementary is awesome. I have a daughter who went there K-5th grade and is now in 6th grade. My son is in K. All of the teachers are excellent. Parents are involved with their kids and there are many parent volunteers at this school. I have been very pleased with our experiences at Marshall. Best elementary school in Prince William County, hands down.

All schools can have good and less motivated teachers and this one is no different. They used to have a fantastic art teacher and the halls were always decorated with lots of it. Now, it's less upbeat, the teachers are screaming at the kids, and the moral isn't what it should be. Once they even cancelled the Fall festival for lack of parent involvement. Hmm..why do you think that is?

My child loves going to school to learn and to visit the friendly staff. Pros: The teacher recognized my child is getting bored and is working on challenging her with schoolwork next month; the teacher and the school nurse really keeps an eye on my child when it comes to allergies; the new vice principal takes an active role and welcoming and praising the kids. All in all - we are very happy.

Last modified Thurgood Marshall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.