Manassas, VA

Posted June 18, 2014
What makes Marshall amazing: talented and highly professional teachers, dedicated leadership, and a parent community/PTO with tireless volunteers! Their scores are #1, extra-curricular programs( Robotics, Spanish, Math 24) are first class, the art and music programs are phenomenal - fantastic art fair and best strings and chorus productions hands down. Mrs. Huebner, the principal, is the schools most cherished asset - she inspires the students and staff to be their best and that is why this school is THE BEST.

Thurgood Marshall Elementary School 2

Posted April 04, 2014
The education is good and the children have fun learning. The rating is not based on this, but the some faculty and leadership lack blatant common sense. We have repeatedly had issues with the faculty making accusations of incidents with our children, only to find 'opps! my bad' when simple questions are asked, like the last name to verify you have the right kid. Protect your kids if you go here, require they contact the psychologist to be present during questioning, or inappropriate questions could be asked. There is a reason the Students' Rights page is being put in the county handbook.

Posted February 26, 2014
We moved to Marshall two years ago and we are so pleased with our experience here. Marshall is well known to be a very desirable school and they live up to their reputation. There is so much offered for students and they have a very strict policy about bullying. They work very hard to teach students good character skills and have been awarded for this. Their test scores also outshine most other schools in the area. I am so thankful we moved to this school.

Posted February 14, 2014
Marshall Elementary is awesome. I have a daughter who went there K-5th grade and is now in 6th grade. My son is in K. All of the teachers are excellent. Parents are involved with their kids and there are many parent volunteers at this school. I have been very pleased with our experiences at Marshall. Best elementary school in Prince William County, hands down.

Thurgood Marshall Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2014
All schools can have good and less motivated teachers and this one is no different. They used to have a fantastic art teacher and the halls were always decorated with lots of it. Now, it's less upbeat, the teachers are screaming at the kids, and the moral isn't what it should be. Once they even cancelled the Fall festival for lack of parent involvement. Hmm..why do you think that is?

Posted September 12, 2012
I have one son who has completed Marshall and one in the 3rd grade and can say I have no complaints. I can not thank the staff enough for all the help with my oldest who struggled in a lot of areas. I love the school and would never move to a different one.

Thurgood Marshall Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2011
Marshall's a good school. Not great. Still, good. Pros: They have many ways of keeping the kids interested in coming to school (some not particularly academic but that's okay sometimes). Also, the layout of the school and the almost pastoral setting is nice. CONS: There are 7 or 8 mothers at the core of the PTO activities who froze out parents who we're physically &/or financially unable to volunteer frequently. As such, students didn't get the benefit of some great ideas and support from some parents who otherwise would have contributed. Also, there are ALOT of children at the school - easier to slip between cracks. I'm glad we've moved on.

Thurgood Marshall Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2011
I am not happy with Marshall Elementary. One of my children is now in 5th grade and is so bored. They do absolutely nothing to challenge him. He never studies and has become disorganized thanks to awful third and fouth grade teachers. They complained about my child's behavior and never questioned why. They would say he is capable to doing the work. He of course was dong the work with no problem. All A's and a couple of B's. Handwriting is a B. The school is failing my child.

Posted June 16, 2011
This is the BEST school with the most wonderful teachers and staff any parent could ask for!!!

Posted March 21, 2011
This is our first year at Marshall, our son is in first grade. We have been very pleased with no issues since the first day of school. This administration has a ZERO tolerance for unruly children.

Thurgood Marshall Elementary School
12505 Kahns Rd, Manassas, VA  20112
(703) 791-2099
Last modified Thurgood Marshall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thurgood Marshall Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top