Posted May 23, 2013
As I read the previous reviews on this school I am confused as to what school they have been in. I have 2 children, one now in middle school and the other starts middle school in the fall, they both started Loch Lomond in K. Loch Lomond is an amazing school! The teachers have been wonderful, in all grade levels. Mr. Horan has and is an amazing principal, you will not find a better man and anyone to care about each an every student and staff member. Maybe these other parents from these reviews should get involved and spends some time at the school, it makes absolutely no sense what they are saying. EVERY staff member at this school functions as a team and are all about the students and giving them a great education. My kids love every part of being a student at Loch Lomond. If you live in this district or are considering moving into it, I can promise you a wonderful experience and education at Loch Lomond. If my kids could stay there believe me they would! We are all going to miss the staff on all levels!!!!

Loch Lomond Elementary School 3

Posted April 10, 2011
Seems to me the new principal is more concerned about getting his picture taken and boasting and not getting any of the hard work done. From what I have heard, he does not support the staff. Have you seen how many teachers have left since he came in? School is not just about the material things you have, it is about keeping good teachers and staff and caring about the students. My children have gone there for years, sorry, we do not like the new principal. He seems pompous. The old principal was very involved and cared about what the parents had to say. The school has gone downhill. Whoever wrote the last post is wrong. I understand one staff member leads the principal around by the nose. She probably wrote it.

Posted December 25, 2009

Loch Lomond Elementary School 0

Posted December 20, 2009
Coming from the inside. I would like to say that I would like for the people who think that the Principal is not doing his job to walk a mile in his shoes. Think of the things that we have received in the last three years. This school was the lowest in the technology department. Now classes have Smartboards and Lap Top Computers. These things were not even important before with the other administration. We are now just getting DVD's players. PWCS do not help schools get these things unless they are renovating. Please don't rate something unless you have the full facts.

Loch Lomond Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2009
It has not been then the same since Mrs lewis has retired she was a great principal who really took pride in her job and was great with the interaction with the children every time i walked in the school she never failed to acknowledge me or the children in the hall. the new principle never acknowledges me or the children he seems like he would rather be any where then the school. as for the office staff and the teachers I have no complaints they are great especially Ms Hollyfield the children love her my little one comes home every day talking about the fun things she does and how funny she is and she actually cant wait to go to school to see what she will do next. so my hats off to the teachers and office people. i just think you need a principal that cares

Loch Lomond Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2009
I agree with the previous comment about discipline. I would like to add that the assistant principal does not display professional ethics and is not leadership quality.

Loch Lomond Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2008
I am disappointed with this school this year. It used to be an excellent school with a fantastic principal, but the new principal is less than helpful. He doesn't support his teachers and follow through with behavior problems, which is why the behavior of the students has gotten significantly worse - they have no consequences. My child reported a bully to his teacher, who wrote a referral for the other student, and nothing happened to the bully - he got off because they 'couldn't prove it'. The one good thing about this school is the staff. Every teacher goes above and beyond what is expected, even though the new administration piles on the paperwork and doesn't assist them with behavior issues. I'm hoping the administration will get better next year - they certainly haven't made a good impression on me so far. Back up your teachers - they need the support!

Posted February 26, 2008

Loch Lomond Elementary School
7900 Augusta Rd, Manassas, VA  20111
Last modified Loch Lomond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loch Lomond Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top