Manassas, VA

Bennett Elementary School 2

Posted October 11, 2013
Teachers have not impressed me with going above and beyond at this school. I have yet to receive specific information about my child in regards to her abilities. I have had to request conferences because I am told my child is "doing fine". As a former teacher I do hold teachers in high regard and know how hard they work. I also know that each child deserves to have their teacher give specific strengths and weaknesses, at a minimum on report cards. I have zero information on my child. Admin is non existent in the school as well. Aside from rambling phone messages, I have never seen the principal or assistant participate in activities, much less help when things get stressful (such as during arrival or dismissal). Very disappointed. Will not miss this school when we are ready to move on.

Posted October 20, 2011
As a parent of two children that have attended Bennett I can say that we have been very pleased with the education they have received. The staff has always been great and the teachers are outstanding. Since others have named teachers, I feel that credit should be given to the teacher that had the most impact on our children. Mr. Trexler is one of the best teachers you could ever hope for. He is kind, caring and knows the ins and outs of every child he teaches. Communications with him is excellent, and he goes out of his way for his students. You rock Mr. T!

Bennett Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2011
I have 2 children at this school and a 3rd coming in a couple years. At Bennett we have experienced a poor excuse for a teacher, a great teacher, and an excellent teacher. Since I can't say his name, I will tell you that if your child has a certain male teacher in 2nd grade, you have hit the educational JACKPOT and your child WILL work to their full potential!! Communication has been good with all teachers and administration. There always seems to be an abundance of parent volunteers on any given occasion when requested. My only criticism of this school is overcrowding in the classrooms and the absence of minority teachers. Black, Hispanic, and Asian teachers DO exist in Prince William County!!

Posted July 20, 2011
This school is wonderful. The teachers are incredible, we had a new principal that came in halfway through the year and he is awesome. The staff, principal, and parents care about the kids here at Bennett. You will not be disappointed.

Posted May 20, 2011
My son just came back from Cows N Corn field trip today. He's in Mrs. Colley and Mrs. Watz's class and he had a great time! His teachers went out of their way to make the students special t-shirts. I'm very impressed about just how much they care about their students! We are movi g to Centreville this dimmer and I'm saddened that he won't be at Bennett next year. His reading, writing, math, social, and cognitive skills have improved exponentially this year.

Bennett Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2010

Bennett Elementary School 0

Posted November 20, 2009
We LOVE Bennett! We especially loved our Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Petrie and 1st grade, Ms. Woods. The teachers are all very concerned about each child's individual learning and well-being. If a child is ahead, they continue to challenge them beyond the required curriculum. We will really miss this outstanding school!

Posted June 01, 2009
Bennett Elementary it's trully a school of excellence. My daughter is graducating from 5th grade this year and I can honestly say that these years have been of great blessings for our child at Bennett. Bennett has caring teachers, excellent principal and wonderful and friendly staff, etc. I couldn't have asked for more... we are going to miss this school...

Bennett Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2009
I have been extremely pleased with Bennett Elementary. My three children started attending in September 2008 and we couldn't be more happier. The teachers are great!!

Posted March 12, 2009
I have been very pleased with Bennett Elementary School ever since my chidren started attending it. I think that the best thing about it would have to be the teachers. I have never seen a harder working group of individuals. I read one criticism about teachers being focused on testing- I believe that that comes from higher above. If it wasn't so important to the school board(not to mention our country) than the teachers wouldn't be as worried about it. It is a shame that they aren't just allowed to teach. What amazes me, though, is that Bennett teachers do this while showing that they care for my children.

Bennett Elementary School
8800 Old Dominion Dr, Manassas, VA  20110
Last modified Bennett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bennett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top