Manassas, VA
Students enrolled: 1,082

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 1

Posted August 23, 2014
Lunch is a place where kids should communicate with one another. We're deprived from that because we have to sit with our class with the same people. We can't make new friends if we're stuck with the same people every day.

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2014
Honestly, Saunders Middle school is an OK school. Three stars basically describe it, average. Last year, when I was in 6th grade there were really cool teachers who actually cared for their students, such as Mr. Anderson, Ms.Folly, etc. And then there were teacher who frankly didn't care what the heck you did. There was a sub which I will not name, who "teach " in math after our other Math teacher Ms. Sturgill had a heart attack. The sub barely provided us with work and since I was in the advanced math, she just expected us to get everything right, so we weren't really learning anything...A lot of kids that year had their math grades go down that year...and then theres the new principle, who is WAY over the top with the rules. But hey, who am I to complain about? I'm just another kid.

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 3

Posted June 28, 2014
New school and my rating will be updated as I get to know the teachers and staff

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 2

Posted October 26, 2013
I thought saunders middle school was an ok school but with the new principal,I see it's gone for the worst. This principal is horrible with her new rules just like the lunch rule. Lunch is for kids to eat and talk with friends from other classes. I feel horrible for the students who go there now with this disgrace of a principal.

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 4

Posted September 12, 2013
My child is in the 7th grade. She had fantastic teachers last year, including Mr Davenport and Mr Anderson. I love this school and I am pleased with the education being provided. One invident with Mr sweet making unkind comments to his class. Alot of parents in this area think because of the diversity here, children can't be educated. Students can excel, as long as school not failing. Going to Benton is no gurantee success. Parental involvement with your children should be your focus

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 2

Posted July 05, 2013
Ok so the school is good I definetly think that three stars isn't the right amount so tell the truth and staff members please for give me but I think I seen subs do better this school should not go with principle. You've heard from me so take my advice. Sixth grade student

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 5

Posted June 13, 2013
My second child is completing his time at Saunders in a week. They have an excellent school and teachers. It does help if the parents are involved in the childs homework habits instead of expecting the teachers to do everything when they have so many students.

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2013
my friends kids go to this school this school does not have a very good curriculum and not very good teachers one of her kids were bullied and no teachers said anything about

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 5

Posted November 24, 2010
I feel priviliged to have my son attend this excellent school! Great teachers and staff! High standards! Love it!

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 0

Posted October 10, 2010
We think Saunders is a great school with great learning standards which meet and exceed the Counties grading scales and expectations. The children learn to be academically, and socially prepared for High School. The teachers show their care and concern each and everyday for the students. In turn the students gain self confidence and school pride that can not be beat! Go Bulldogs!

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School
13557 Spriggs Rd, Manassas, VA  20112
Last modified Herbert J. Saunders Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herbert J. Saunders Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top