Manassas, VA
Students enrolled: 1,082

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 06, 2015
I dont have to explain everyone already understands its very sad I hate this school

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 06, 2015
no they put us down and make us feel extremely weak and bad about us

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 06, 2015
They dont care about anything, they only care about how they look in the record books

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 06, 2015
They like more students more than others and treat me badly because im a lesbian

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 1

Posted August 23, 2014
Lunch is a place where kids should communicate with one another. We're deprived from that because we have to sit with our class with the same people. We can't make new friends if we're stuck with the same people every day.

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2014
Honestly, Saunders Middle school is an OK school. Three stars basically describe it, average. Last year, when I was in 6th grade there were really cool teachers who actually cared for their students, such as Mr. Anderson, Ms.Folly, etc. And then there were teacher who frankly didn't care what the heck you did. There was a sub which I will not name, who "teach " in math after our other Math teacher Ms. Sturgill had a heart attack. The sub barely provided us with work and since I was in the advanced math, she just expected us to get everything right, so we weren't really learning anything...A lot of kids that year had their math grades go down that year...and then theres the new principle, who is WAY over the top with the rules. But hey, who am I to complain about? I'm just another kid.

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 1

Posted June 29, 2014
Saunders Middle school has disappointed me beyond belief. They allowed my 6 grade girl to get in a car with a man...when she was supposed to be on the bus several times. I signed the paper for her to ride the late bus and she did not. They have not notified me if she was doing poorly in a class. She was a victim of bullying and they would not even call me back after I left messages with the secretary for the Principal and the Vp and the security officer.....on one called to follow up on the "I will kill you " threat. Oh....her locker was broken and wow during that time when being worked on by the maint. staff her Ipad was stolen....she couldn't get into her locker to get her text books even.

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 3

Posted June 28, 2014
New school and my rating will be updated as I get to know the teachers and staff

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 5

Posted November 03, 2013
The students who attend Saunders Middle School are creative, smart, wonderful young children who come to school to learn. There are some parents and children who have a hard time following rules and they are the students who have the most difficulty. Many parents volunteer at our school and we truly appreciate them; for the parents who feel that lunch should be "open " then perhaps you'd like to volunteer you time to do lunch duty. Perhaps more time could be spent with your child reviewing school work and explaining the importance of grades. As teachers at the school we talk about how the apple never falls far from the tree.Well behaved, educated student usually have supportive and involved students. I would like to receive a thank you for providing students with class materials (that I bought with my own money) like pencils and paper when they show up with none or when I give a student lunch money because they have charged their lunch account too many times. Please, work with the school and we will work with you. Saunders Middle School is a great place to come as a student who wants to learn and a great place for a teacher who wants to teach.

Herbert J. Saunders Middle School 2

Posted October 26, 2013
I thought saunders middle school was an ok school but with the new principal,I see it's gone for the worst. This principal is horrible with her new rules just like the lunch rule. Lunch is for kids to eat and talk with friends from other classes. I feel horrible for the students who go there now with this disgrace of a principal.

13557 Spriggs Rd, Manassas, VA  20112
Last modified Herbert J. Saunders Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herbert J. Saunders Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top