No rating

Emmanuel Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 161 students

Living in Manassas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $195,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,460.

Posted March 25, 2014

Great school with caring teachers. I wouldn't think of sending my son anywhere else.

Posted June 1, 2013

Our family has been at Emmanuel for several years. We absolutely love the way the teachers and staff interact with the students. The small class sizes are exactly what our boys needed. The school has given our boys a great education and at the same time made it feel like family. We also like how the Bible is taught as part of each subject. ECS has been a wonderful, positive part of our family.

Posted March 24, 2013

Our children love ECS. We have found loving teachers, high academic standards, and great friends for our children. Teaching from a Biblical world view is very important to us and ECS does a good job of integrating strong academics with Biblical teaching.

Posted August 13, 2011

I spent nine years as a student here and was entirely unprepared for the outside world when I left. The classes include strict, Baptist morality and kids are rejected if they stray from the fold. If you send your children here, best keep them sheltered for a lifetime.

Posted July 13, 2011

This school was HORRIBLE. I went there from 6th-8th grade, the education was minimal and I didn't learn any good social skills. I went to public high school after this and was so un-prepared and behind, and I did not know how to cop with the new change. After my freshman year I felt so much better being in public school. I was much happier, very well prepared for the REAL world after going to public. Should have done that from the start!

Posted June 16, 2010

I have been a parent here for 5 years and have two children attending there. My son was in K5 this year and is reading on a 3rd grade level now. The teacher was so wonderful in teaching my child the Bible content that the Standfort scores were high and advanced in everything but listening. I am extremely pleased and proud of the education my child is learning both academically and spiritually!

Posted April 22, 2010

I think this school is a very great school. My children would cry if they left this school.

Posted March 11, 2010

This school needs to be closed. The academics in the high school where my child is are horrible. The grading scale is too easy and the teachers give the students answers instead of preparing them for college. I am disappointed that I have hurt my child's education by placing them in the school and will be moving them to public where at least I know the standards are above ground level.

Posted September 18, 2007

This is our first year at ECS. My children are both at the high school. The academic standard is high. Children receive encouragement to always give best effort. For a small school, many after school activities are available. Overall quality of staff and administration is high. Students are friendly and welcoming to new students. Self-discipline and respect are encouraged. This school is a refreshing change from the mainstream.

Posted March 6, 2007

I have had my kids in ECS for a number of years. I think they have a quality program. I feel the teachers care about the kids. It has a good sport program that has something to offer for everyone. They are given a sound biblical knowledge that prepares them to go out into the world with a good foundation and biblical worldview.

Posted February 11, 2006

ECS lets Jesus Christ shine in all of their subjects taught. Being a private school, the focus is quality education with encouraging faith in God through Christ. I appreciate that. They are hand in hand with the families. Safe place in many ways. Small enough for quality friendships to be made and kept. Great supervision.

Posted April 13, 2005

We experienced one horrible year and that was enough. The school parents and administration, with the exception of a very few, seemed cold and uncaring. Definitely a great school if you attend church there. The school goes as far as to require the teachers to attend the church.

Posted August 26, 2004

We have had children in Emmanuel Christian School for 15 years and have been so blessed by the teachers and staff. The elementary teachers are warm and caring, the administration truly seeks to honor the Lord in every area. Our older children have now graduated and have consistently been on the Dean's list at their colleges. Quality of instruction, a wide diversity of athletic teams, and Godly teachers are a winning combination in this family's life!

Posted March 3, 2004

The administration is concerned about nothing else but beating into the children simple Bible Trivia Questions. They are nosy, but caring, however their teaching quality is horrible. Their principal and headmaster should both be fired and the school should be shut down.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
  • SBACS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8302 Spruce Street