Posted October 30, 2014
Ashland Elementary is not a quality PWCS school. The principal is very unprofessional and does not embrace diversity. I have been trying to reach out to him in regards to my child's current academic situation, but he is never available to address my concerns. The school needs need a new administrator that embraces all families regardless of their academic and diverse background. Please consider a different PWCS elementary school.

Posted October 30, 2014
Have attempted multiple times to leave fact-based, honest review of some of the REAL problems at this school (and in this district). However, the unvarnished truth seems to not be allowed by the moderators. Military families: look elsewhere for housing and schools. This school is NOT what you want for solid math or reading/writing.

Ashland Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2014
As a parent who has multiple children go to school at Ashland, I find it laughable that anyone would think that any member of the staff at a school, be it Ashland or any other school, doesn't have the best interests of the children at heart. It is true that public education in the recent years has changed and is more centered around tests, and scores, School of Excellence and all of those sorts of accolades however, that is happening ALL over this country. To think that any of the staff at Ashland, including the administrative staff does not take into account the students best interests is just ludicrous. I have had a number of reasons to have to deal with both Mr. Jacks and Ms. Webb and have had nothing but support from either of them. My children's teachers have always communicated with me any concerns they have in regards to my childrens learning and my kids have always thrived at Ashland. Please remember that some of these "goals" that the schools and administration are pushing for are put on them by the County and well as the State, it's not just as easy to blame the immediate administration at Ashland. Thank you to the Ashland staff for their support!

Posted May 28, 2014
The teachers at Ashland put education and teaching first. My daughter's teacher went above and beyond to support my daughter and offered free tutoring to improve her math skills.

Ashland Elementary School 3

Posted May 20, 2014
We didn't know how bad this "School of Excellence" had become until we moved. Based on what we have gathered from teachers (many have since departed - fact), other parents, and even the kids, the atmosphere has become oppressive in its quest to be "Excellent" statistically - it appears fundamental teaching is now the afterthought. After a job transfer relocated our kids to another "Excellent" school, it has been a refreshing change to have teachers with freedoms and time to prepare and teach the fundamentals which is reflected in our kids renewed enthusiasm. The school transfer also highlighted the gap between what our kids don't know versus what is expected at their age (much like the Benton Middle School comment from another parent - "you should have learned that at Ashland"). We can only speculate that the pressure for teachers to have their students do well on the standardized tests in order to have a great looking "School of Excellence" bar graph has made those tests the emphasized curriculum.

Ashland Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2014
I just have to laugh at the "positive" current reviews for this school. Either those parents haven't had any interaction or needed any help from the principal or it is the principal himself leaving the positive reviews.

Posted April 17, 2014
Ashland is the best school ever they have an awesome principle. The teachers are always friendly. they have an awesome lunch menu im really happy for my child to go nhere

Posted March 14, 2014
We are really happy with Ashland! The teachers work really hard and go out of their way to help my children. The administrators are both very helpful and the kids love them always saying hi to them and giving them hugs in the hallway. Great school!

Posted March 11, 2014
I have 2 children that attend Ashland and I can not say enough great things about it. The teachers and staff really work as a team to do the best that they can for each and every student. The Principal puts in every effort he can to keep this school at the highest standards possible.

Posted February 17, 2014
At one point in time, Ashland Elementary was a fine school. As a parent of a current student, we are not happy with the new principal. It's his way or no way at all. He has a lack of respect for his staff as well as parents and students. We have never met such an arrogant individual. The principal has a way of sweeping important issues under the rug. If he's not going to benefit from it he doesn't care. Suggestion, if you can send your child to another school. It's not worth the interaction with this man. The morale in this building is very depressing. You can see it on the teacher's face as well as other staff members. Ashland had some very good teachers who were enthusiastic about their jobs and coming to work. Now as parents in a good community we don't see much enthusiasm anymore. Such a waist of good talent. We too are dissappointed with the new male administrator and the quality of education my child is receiving this school year. This school can be improved by appointing a new principal, especially one who cares about the students and their families, as well as the staff.

Ashland Elementary School
15300 Bowmans Folly Dr, Manassas, VA  20112
Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top