Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 09, 2016
Mr Jacks is very active with the students and staff. His enthusiasim is contagious and dedication to school performance is admirable.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
Kids helping kids! The staff encourages compassion and helping attitude amongst the student body. Disrespect not tolerated. Lots of projects to help student led efforts.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
They instill personal accountability and fair treatment. the teachers value open communication among the children and conflict resolution.

Posted May 09, 2016
Caring teachers and administrators. Principal is very active with student body and keeps a modern and fresh approach to learning. Maintains high level of school pride amongst the student boday and teaching staff. Great emphasis on student performance and learning.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted April 19, 2016
I would like to thank all of our parent volunteers because they are awesome! They show compassion and dedication to our students, teachers and everyone at our school!

Posted April 19, 2016
I am a teacher at Ashland. I have been a teacher in Prince William County for over twenty years and I will tell you that you will not find a finer school anywhere. This community works together to bring happiness, hard work and learning together with creativity each day. I am proud to be a part of this excellent school!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 12, 2016
When a teacher goes out of her what to figure out why the child is having a hard time learning and works with the parents to develop the learning, thats a plus in my book. She could have just kept going on status quo but this shows real dedication to each child. Kudos to Ms Grant in 1st Grade

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 12, 2016
Homework is the responsibility of the teacher to provide work that is relevant; the child to do it; and the parent to follow up, monitor, and help the child. The homework my daughter gets follows what she is doing, plus the school subscribes to IXL.com and Raz-kids.com. These help give additional schooling to the kids in reading and math that I think are beneficial. I am actually enrolling my 4yo in IXL to get him a head start based on what I seen with my 6yo.

Posted March 12, 2016
We sent our daughter here for 1st grade while assigned to the area with the military. Coming from the Bay Area in California, this is the kind of progressive, tech savvy school I would expect to find there. But what a surprise to find that kind of atmosphere here. I didn't know what to expect at first, but EVERYONE I talked to, parents, teachers, etc, all said Ashland was the place to go. And they were right. Not sure what experience the person who posted on Dec 8 had, but the principle is the most engaged, hardest working administrator I've come across in my education experience. He truly has shown that he is engaged with both the kids and the teachers. The teacher we have (Ms Grant), went out of her way to help out daughter with her learning to ensure she was able transition from Kindergarten from another school. Kudos to her. If I could stay another 3 years, I would definitely invest my child's education in Ashland.

Ashland Elementary School 1

Posted December 08, 2015
The schools needs new leadership. The current principal is unprofessional and rude. He does not care about the kids or teachers. He is focused on his own professional growth. Parents need to send their students to another school with supportive and fair leadership that focuses on the needs of all students and teacher. This school is the worst school in the county.

15300 Bowmans Folly Dr, Manassas, VA  20112
Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.