Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My child started kindergarten this year. I could not be happier with this school. The principal is really engaged everyday with the students and staff and it is always available for parent concerns. He, along with the staff, try to make learning fun. I can't image anyone giving this school a bad review. Everyone in this school is very down to earth and go out of their way to make sure each student feels good about themselves. They foster learning in very creative ways. My child is already reading books and writing. The curriculum is great! As a parent you will not be disappointed. Ashland is tough to beat.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers at this school are highly skilled. They make learning fun and are very effective in their teaching process.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are very supportive, and helpful, and genuinely friendly and loving to my students. We transferred in mid year and they really worked to include him and make him feel welcomed.

We love this school! The teachers, administration, staff are all amazing! Before school they have soft music playing in the hallway, makes a calming atmosphere! The students are all friendly and very politely. Where most elementary schools are loud and overstimulating. I found this school organised and very quiet during hallway transitions! I love It!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They instill personal accountability and fair treatment. the teachers value open communication among the children and conflict resolution.

Caring teachers and administrators. Principal is very active with student body and keeps a modern and fresh approach to learning. Maintains high level of school pride amongst the student boday and teaching staff. Great emphasis on student performance and learning.

I am a teacher at Ashland. I have been a teacher in Prince William County for over twenty years and I will tell you that you will not find a finer school anywhere. This community works together to bring happiness, hard work and learning together with creativity each day. I am proud to be a part of this excellent school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

When a teacher goes out of her what to figure out why the child is having a hard time learning and works with the parents to develop the learning, thats a plus in my book. She could have just kept going on status quo but this shows real dedication to each child. Kudos to Ms Grant in 1st Grade

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is the responsibility of the teacher to provide work that is relevant; the child to do it; and the parent to follow up, monitor, and help the child. The homework my daughter gets follows what she is doing, plus the school subscribes to IXL.com and Raz-kids.com. These help give additional schooling to the kids in reading and math that I think are beneficial. I am actually enrolling my 4yo in IXL to get him a head start based on what I seen with my 6yo.

We sent our daughter here for 1st grade while assigned to the area with the military. Coming from the Bay Area in California, this is the kind of progressive, tech savvy school I would expect to find there. But what a surprise to find that kind of atmosphere here. I didn't know what to expect at first, but EVERYONE I talked to, parents, teachers, etc, all said Ashland was the place to go. And they were right. Not sure what experience the person who posted on Dec 8 had, but the principle is the most engaged, hardest working administrator I've come across in my education experience. He truly has shown that he is engaged with both the kids and the teachers. The teacher we have (Ms Grant), went out of her way to help out daughter with her learning to ensure she was able transition from Kindergarten from another school. Kudos to her. If I could stay another 3 years, I would definitely invest my child's education in Ashland.

Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.