Bad
Good

Pennington Traditional School used to be a School of Excellence. Over the past few years, I have seen the school go from great to bad to worse. Fortunately, most of the teachers really do care about their students. The administration, on the other hand, seems to only worry about covering its behind when it comes to dealing with conflict between students. Contrary to what you may think, there really are bad kids at Pennington. So, if you're thinking that the school is highly competitive because its students' wear uniforms, there's a lottery system to get in and the code of conduct is stricter than other PWC schools, think again. If you are considering having your kids go here, you may want to visit the school to speak to many of the parents. Like I said, Pennington prides itself on being a School of Excellence, but as you can see from the other reviews, there hasn't been a post in over three years. I don't really have to give you the answer for that.

Our school is amazing, with amazing teachers. It's about academics, and the students do very well. Parents are involved and the students are involved. There's a lot to say when you have middle school students involved with the elementary students. It's a great school and if you are serious about learning, then you should apply. The PTO has been a great resource for parents with a positive attitude.

Excellent school focus on academic and value, small size and very well managed. working together like a family. my 2 daughters love the school and improved a lot in Pennington.

Pennington is a very good school, the teachers are very professional and I am happy that my son's education is on the right path. Would recommend to give him more home work, so that he spends more time in reading/writing.

Pennington is a extremely harsh school. The send a letter home because my child had to many early dismissal, either because the were sick or for the doctor. The principal and vice principal are very harsh while the Guidance Counselor is very helpful. Also, The 7th and 8th grade math is treats the kids horribly.

There are no words to describe how much we love this school!! Simply the BEST. WE have one of the BEST PRINCIPALS and VICE PRINCIPALS around! I appreciate the love and nuturing the school bestows on my child. We have noticed an amount of phenominal academic developement since our child entered into this school. Although it is a Prince William Public school they run the school with very high structured standards and do alot for the community which helps builds our childs character. I can not applaud this school enough for the fine example they prove themselves to be. It is a gift to have my child attend Pennington School. Our child loves it!

Pennington is an absolutely great school and the best public school I have ever observed and I have observed many in my career! We could not be happier with the Administration, the teachers and the students. A school where the 8th graders are polite to the 1st graders, we will not move just to keep our daughter in this school.

Take this from a student of eight years! I enjoy it alot I feel that you become a family not only with the kids in your grade but all grades. The middle schoolers are very helpful and respectful of the younger kids and they look up to us. There is little to no bulling and It has very high academic standers. We are a school of excellents and an excellent choice for your son or daughter. The teachers are all very helpful and kind and they all have great teaching methods. Sending your student here will be a plus in the long run.

Amazing school! We transferred our son to Pennington after a disappointing Kindergarten year at our neighborhood school. Pennington is a family, children do not slip throughout the cracks because there are none. Communication with the parents is amazing. This school really does focus on Excellence.

Our kids just completed their 1st year at Pennington. The teachers were professional, approachable and communicative. They sent home weekly notes/newsletters to share information about lifework (homework), community service opportunities, the character traits and quotes/poems they are learning and even birthdays. The principal is an educational professional who fosters an environment of safety & learning. The kids seem to love her. There were 2 parent-school leadership meetings (Fall&Spring). She supports the family-like community through words & actions. My kids love the mascot "Big Blue" & enjoyed the choices of afterschool clubs. Students are recognized for academic, service, character and artistic acheivements thoughout the year which helps to keep learning/growth in focus. The PTO & Advisory Council are superb. The required hours of parent involvement keeps ALL parents involved. The Fine Arts Gala and Year End celebrations were wonderful. The summer reading and math will ensure that the kids are prepared when school resumes in Sept. The small class sizes, new renovations and uniforms are just nice bonuses. We are impressed with Pennington and look forward to continuing.

Last modified Pennington School is a Public school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.