Manassas, VA

Posted September 08, 2013
Our school is amazing, with amazing teachers. It's about academics, and the students do very well. Parents are involved and the students are involved. There's a lot to say when you have middle school students involved with the elementary students. It's a great school and if you are serious about learning, then you should apply. The PTO has been a great resource for parents with a positive attitude.

Posted July 09, 2013
This year my son finished his first year at Pennington with a fantastic new teacher (Mrs. Buck) and it couldn't have been a more successful year. Pennington does a remarkable job inculcating self-worth, values and character into education while challenging each child at their personal level. The staff, administration and teachers are exceptional. Pennington can not be compared to any other public school because of its unique value of parent involvement. Without hesitation, I would recommend this school to you if you yourself have high expectations for your child's education, character and future.

Posted May 08, 2013
Pennington is a very good school, the teachers are very professional and I am happy that my son's education is on the right path. Would recommend to give him more home work, so that he spends more time in reading/writing.

Pennington School 2

Posted March 02, 2013
Pennington is a extremely harsh school. The send a letter home because my child had to many early dismissal, either because the were sick or for the doctor. The principal and vice principal are very harsh while the Guidance Counselor is very helpful. Also, The 7th and 8th grade math is treats the kids horribly.

Posted April 30, 2012
Pennington is an absolutely great school and the best public school I have ever observed and I have observed many in my career! We could not be happier with the Administration, the teachers and the students. A school where the 8th graders are polite to the 1st graders, we will not move just to keep our daughter in this school.

Pennington School 4

Posted October 27, 2011
Take this from a student of eight years! I enjoy it alot I feel that you become a family not only with the kids in your grade but all grades. The middle schoolers are very helpful and respectful of the younger kids and they look up to us. There is little to no bulling and It has very high academic standers. We are a school of excellents and an excellent choice for your son or daughter. The teachers are all very helpful and kind and they all have great teaching methods. Sending your student here will be a plus in the long run.

Posted June 26, 2011
Amazing school! We transferred our son to Pennington after a disappointing Kindergarten year at our neighborhood school. Pennington is a family, children do not slip throughout the cracks because there are none. Communication with the parents is amazing. This school really does focus on Excellence.

Posted June 21, 2011
Our kids just completed their 1st year at Pennington. The teachers were professional, approachable and communicative. They sent home weekly notes/newsletters to share information about lifework (homework), community service opportunities, the character traits and quotes/poems they are learning and even birthdays. The principal is an educational professional who fosters an environment of safety & learning. The kids seem to love her. There were 2 parent-school leadership meetings (Fall&Spring). She supports the family-like community through words & actions. My kids love the mascot "Big Blue" & enjoyed the choices of afterschool clubs. Students are recognized for academic, service, character and artistic acheivements thoughout the year which helps to keep learning/growth in focus. The PTO & Advisory Council are superb. The required hours of parent involvement keeps ALL parents involved. The Fine Arts Gala and Year End celebrations were wonderful. The summer reading and math will ensure that the kids are prepared when school resumes in Sept. The small class sizes, new renovations and uniforms are just nice bonuses. We are impressed with Pennington and look forward to continuing.

Posted May 15, 2011
I have two children that attend Pennington. When entering Pennington four years ago, I had no idea what to expect, I am so happy I listened to a neighbor and applied. My children are happy, the teachers are happy and the Parents are great! Lots of Parent involvement and the PTO is exceptional. The uniforms are a plus and the children resite a creed every morning. Great School!

Posted May 03, 2011
My daughter attended Penning from the 1st - 8th grade and has received an exceptional education. She was in the Jr. Honor Society then and is now taking mostly "Honors" classes now that she's in the 9th. Her study habits are impeccable and I credit Pennington for all the work and training tthey instilled into the her when she was very young. For parents who think going above and beyond to contribute to your childs acadamic success is a "hassel," I'd like to beg to differ because it so worth it. Pennington "Cannot" be compared to the average neighborhood school. It's not just a place to send your child. It's a family, one that learn together, play together and succeed together. I still think Pennington is the best.

Pennington School
9305 Stonewall Rd., Manassas, VA  20110
Last modified Pennington School is a Public school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pennington School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top