No rating

Manassas Christian School

Private | K-8 | 230 students

Living in Manassas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $195,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,460.

Posted Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I feel I can really assess this school now as we have moved away to another state and have compared it to other schools. Needless to say, our family still thinks the world of MCS. There is nothing like it. The family environment, nice children, caring teachers, academics. I can go on and on. This school truly is amazing.

Posted June 11, 2014

This school has been a blessing for my child. From a broken home he has found spiritual guidance from schoolwork to teamwork. He is thriving in this envionment, It is reflected in his home life as well.

Posted April 29, 2014

This school offers a challenging academic curriculum in a secure Christian environment. The standards help to build character and promote leadership growth while teaching respect and compassion for others. Lessons extend above & beyond SOL for an improved, more fulfilling learning experience. Homework reinforces good work habits and responsibility. MCS recognizes the value of STEM for their students' future with dedicated VEX classes as well as school teams for VexIQ, FFL & VEX. I have been extremely pleased with the education my children have received from MCS and the quality of the school leadership. I feel they are being prepared as individuals everyday for a successful future through ongoing mentoring and programs designed to educate them both spiritually and academically.

Posted April 4, 2014

Find another school. Not this one! Your child will supposedly get the best grades, but when you compare what they've learned at this school, to the PWC county schools, they are severely lacking and behind their peers. This school, especially the principal and faculty, are more concerned with the quantity of students for financial reasons than the quality of students. If you pay a lot, then you get the preferential treatment. If you aren't a "dedicated" parent, as you have to work and can't attend every function, then you don't belong to the family and are shut out. They don't understand that not all families communicate, and share information, and refuse to accommodate the ousted parent because they are not the paying parent. You can do better than this school. Lots of homework and extracurricular clubs do not cover up their lack of a real education, and bible lessons will only get you so far in life. Nothing Christian about this school

Posted March 17, 2014

Baseball Staring Come out and have fun. I'm Harlan Wahlert Manager of the LIONS TEAM
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 29, 2013

Christian in name, not in practice. The principal is cunning and manipulative, bullying her teachers and parents to the point of emotional distress. Lack of state or corporate oversight and test scores that are not compared locally make this school a huge gamble for children who attend. Fall in line and cow-tow to the favoritism and dictatorial style of practiced and your child may seem to do well, but as grades dwindle pathetically in upper levels and they are ill prepared for life outside the walls of MCS, have you really gotten your return on investment? She will stand before her maker one day and have to account for her "christian" behavior.

Posted August 12, 2013

MCS is a missed opportunity for its corporate owner, Minnieland Corporation. With [mostly] fantastic teachers, an opportunity to fill a niche of private, christian education at the K-8 levels in the Manassas area and an generally decent facility, this school should be booming. Instead, it churns students and teachers on an annual basis. What holds it together is the passion of the teachers, dedication of parents and the lack of better alternatives in the area. The principal has lost touch with current teaching and leadership standards; she lacks objectivity and is dismissive with parents, teachers and students who have opinions opposed to her. "Her school" will only grow as big as her arms can reach; which gets smaller each year as she ages. Communication between the office and teachers (and home to parents) is lacking and often comes too late to be reasonable; a challenge in today's busy world. A disproportionate focus on the school's VEX program puts other programs at a disadvantage; music, art, foreign language are all underdeveloped. After five years of Spanish, my child barely knows words (yet made the highest scores). We have sadly left; it is not worth the tuition.

Posted February 1, 2013

My child came from a home school environment so I was a bit apprehensive about sending him into a full time brick and mortar school in 7th grade. The staff is friendly and always available to parents and students with questions. They are very protective of the students from outsiders and don't tolerate any bullying. They were able to test my son into the right classes and the work is very challenging, but the teachers put in extra time after school for homework club. The lunch menu is delicious and nutritious and they have a very clean facility. And the name of the Lord is lifted up everywhere! I am glad He led us here.

Posted November 19, 2011

My daughter attended MCS for one year. In that one year her test scores dropped and we had to get her additional tutoring to get her caught up. She was also bullied while attending MCS, but the principal and faculty are more concerned with the quantity of students for financial reasons than they are the quality of students. So the kids are permitted to act inappropriately with little or no recourse. I would not recommend this school, there are many other better options in the area.

Posted November 17, 2010

In a sea of private schools, Manassas Christian School in Manassas Park rises to the top. From its principal to its staff to the families who make up the MCS community - this school is a special blend of superior academics, a diverse student body and a curriculum based on human kindess and community involvement. Led by a principal who is a veteran teacher and a kind-hearted person, MCS constantly strives to evaluate and improve upon its already strong curriculum. Spend some time getting to know the school and you'll see what I mean. If you're looking for a private school in Northern VA, look no further. MCS goes from preschool to 8th grade and has an excellent before and after school care program to meet parents needs. One review below mentions a lack of sports and clubs, which is absolutely not the case now. This school has more (well done) extra-curricular activities (music, language, sports, crafts) than my husband and I have found at any of the other schools that our daughter previously attended/welooked at. In fact, the MCS summer camps and now the soccer club after school has renewed our daughter's interest in soccer. The coach is caring and excellent.

Posted July 17, 2009

Our daughter attended her first year at MCS last year. She excelled in all areas, made great friends, and grew on a strong personal level. I would highly recommend this school to any parent and I am an educator by profession. The principal and staff are very caring and provide a warm educational environment.

Posted May 14, 2009

I went to MCS for 4 years from the 5th-8th grade and I loved it. The school I had previously came from, another religous school, was horrible to me: I was always picked on and the teachers and staff members, except for one, that were involved in my situation blamed me for causing the teasing; not to mention the fact that it was way beyond simple teasing. MCS was probably the best thing that could have happened to me at that time; the princicpal and head middle school teacher could not have protected and cared about me more than they did and still do. I'm a better person for going there and that place helped me learn how to trust people again. It also gave some of my best friends to this day. I love that place still.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 23, 2008

i use to attend school here and for me it was good for 4th and 5th grade. the middle school however need's some work. i only attended Manassas Christian untill the 7th grade becuase as much as they seem to hype it up it's not what it's all cracked up to be. infact after i left the school to attend parkside i found that i was extremely behind in all of my classes and found it harder to passes quizzes and test. they focus more on bible studies then what we should really be learning in thoose grade's. i mean taking time out of class to set up chair's for devontions take's away from our learning expierence as a child. They also lack sports and club opptions here, all in all they seem to be more worried about keeping parent's happy then keeping the kids happy.

Posted December 7, 2007

Favorable Student/Teacher ratio. Small town atmosphere in a bustling suburban environment. Staff to Parent communication is strong and constructive. Nice kids, nice parents, and professional staff. Middle school appears to be significantly more competitive and fast paced than local public schools.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Fax number
  • (703) 393-6655

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious