K-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I am a past student. This school helped not only with my education, but also with my spiritual growth. The teachers were kind and understanding and always made me feel at home. The advanced curriculum prepared me for High School and the Religious foundation prepared me for my whole life.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

the teachers truly care about how much the students learn. They will take extra time to review lessons when needed

Amount of homework: Agree

there is a policy at the school that students should not have more than 2 hours worth of homework

This is a great little school, with small class sizes and a a core group of teachers that teach and really care about the kids in their class. We have have four kids go through the school over the last ten years and every one of them have gone on to excel and have had clear sailing into the High school of our choosing

Develops character: Strongly agree

The rules reflect the virtues and commandments which were given to us by the church but everything is handled in a positive manner.

There are many aspects of this school to consider, and only a few varied opinions posted publicly. Different parents expect different things for their children. Sit in on a school day before deciding. Good day and happy school hunting!

We love Good Shepherd Academy. Its a small school and very Catholic. My daughter loves it there so much she typically cries if we miss a day for any reason. A big state of the art school it is not. But its benefits have far exceeded anything it is lacking. My daughter recieves a lot of one on one attention. I’ve never seen so many older students treat younger students with such kindness. Virtues are emphasized and rewarded. Mrs. Healey is sweet with the children. She has always been very approachable and I’ve never had any issue with addressing any concerns with her. Each day is started and ended in prayer. The rules don’t seem overly strict. I’ve been impressed too with how far a long my daughter is academically. She is at least a year ahead when I compare her work to work in other schools. There is a lot to be said about smaller class sizes!

Last modified Good Shepherd Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-7