McLean, VA

St. John Academy 1

Posted August 31, 2015
This school used to be amazing! I wholeheartedly agreed with the reviews below. However, we recently received a new headmaster who didn't make the bar in my opinion. He is a religious zealot who places religion over education in a SCHOOL. Teachers have also left and follow headmasters philosophy. Middle school is much worse then others in the area.

Posted April 19, 2012
This school is one of the best schools in the area by far. From the community to the academics - completely top rate. My kids actually LOVE to go to school in the morning. SJA is one of the strongest Catholic schools in the area. We are getting a new Headmaster (Fall 2012) - Fr. Scalia is still the Pastor - still runs the show. Wonderful person. Very involved with the school and the kids.

Posted August 23, 2011
Without a doubt SJA is the most amazing school, the Catholic ethos is embedded in all that they do, very subtly, and as a result both my boys have received a wonderful education and excellent grades. As a parent volunteer I have experienced first hand how the school is a fundamental part of the community, we have been wholeheartedly welcomed and integrated seamlessly. This is the best upbringing any family could ask for.

Posted March 18, 2011
As a parent of two children that attended St. John Academy from Kindergarten through 8th grade, I have to say that the experience has been wonderful. My children left SJA eager to handle life as a high school student, and were well equipped to take honors and AP classes. The facutly and staff are great for the most part, and I love the foundation of the Catholic faith that the schools instills in the children.

Posted November 25, 2009
SJA is the best school on the planet. Wonderful environment, seasoned teachers, a fabulous headmaster and the best families in No Va!!!

St. John Academy

Posted May 14, 2008
St John's is a great school and the Head Master is on top of every education need. We are very happy with the teachers and priests of the school.

St. John Academy