PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

This school is just amazing. I can't express enough how happy we are with their educational, enrichment, and community programs. When you pick your children up at the end of the day and they say "I really love my school", that's all you need to hear as a parent. The teachers and staff are so passionate about what they do, it can be see in everything. This school is more that just a place where your children learn, it's a real community.

Wonderful school!!! I had researched, interviewed other montessori schools in the McLean/Vienna/Oakton neighborhood and MSM stood out with exceptional qualifications - teachers, administration, curriculum, and Montessori principles. We enrolled our daughter right at 2yrs and 9 months and it was a very tough decision to transfer her to public school in second grade. We were very pleased with her progress, her teachers and the awesome environment of MSM. From the time she joined to when we left, we have lasting impressions and find memories of her teachers (they loved their work with children and it showed) and the school. They have science fair for 1st - 6th grade...it gives them an awareness and opportunity to participate and learn hands-on. MSM instills independent thinking and actions while working in a team environment. Provinded a great foundation for our daughter.

I feel the teachers and education program is solid and the facility is nice, however, the communication from the school is poor and the office/administration staff is lacking in being friendly or genuine. As a client paying private tuition, I did not feel appreciated or respected - more ignored and insignificant. I am also disappointed that they do not offer a full-day Montessori program until a child is age 5.

This school has been an amazing experience for our children. The teachers are passionate, creative, and caring and the administration really listens to parents' thoughts. We came from a public school where my child really disliked going to school each day. For two years we didn't understand why learning wasn't fun or interesting. Now that we are at the Montessori School of McLean, my child loves learning and is truly thriving. Both of my children love their lessons and the flexibility of their day to choose what drives them most. The science teacher is especially fantastic involving the children in science experiments whenever possible to teach the kids on a particular topic. The other parents are lovely as well. Many are diplomats, so great introductions for our kids to other languages and cultures. The school is a breath of fresh air and we feel so fortunate to have our kids go here.

This school has been excellent for our children. They focus on teaching in a traditional Montessori environment and the children respond well. We previously had our son in another Montessori school and he did not do well because the teachers thought he was causing trouble and refused to work with him. He was one of SIX 3-5 year old boys (and zero girls) that year, in his class alone, that were told they were too immature and should not complete the school year. The reality is that the teachers did not want to put in the effort to work with rambunctious boys; girls are easier at that age. MSM was far more nuturing and he blossomed there. We are more than satisfied and are sending our other two kids to MSM as well.

MSM is a great school; my daughter went all the way through. The 2 star reviewer has a misunderstanding about the elementary level, so I thought it would be helpful to clarify. Montessori Elementary is designed to be multi-aged, just like the preschool. In a real Montessori school, such as MSM, grades 1-3 are always combined, and grades 4-6 are always combined. Older children learn by teaching and mentoring younger children, and younger children learn by example. MSM has the number of Lower Elementary students that they planned for (now has a waitpool), and Upper Elementary is growing fast.

Montessori School of Mclean is quite overrated. We know some people who got lucky and liked their teachers, but many others were unhappy. Most kids don't attend beyond pre-school or kindergarten so they have to combine first, second and third grade because they retain so few kids. We found it to be an OK preschool, but a miserable K-1.

Montessori School of McLean served our duaghter very well. We were impressed with every aspect of the school. The only negative was the cost, however it was not out of line with comparable schools.

I chose this school for my kindergartener because of the low student to teacher ratio, the Montessori teaching methods, and because of the atmosphere. You can tell when you walk in the door and down the hall there's a pleasant hum and when you look into the classrooms, you see children working together on tasks, talking and active, but absorbed in what they're doing. The overarching theme in Montessori is respect and consideration, and the entire school reflects this. My daughter loves school and loves the learning experiences she's having. Be aware that because Montessori methods are different from pre-school, they prefer to enroll kids by their 4th birthday, but may consider older children after an interview.

Wonderful school. Gives children a great start on their education. They learn to love school and most end up ahead of their grade level by the time they leave. Hard to get parents involved on a day to day basis...but all parents are extremely well educated and send their kids here for the teaching. I highly recommend this school!

Last modified Montessori School Of Mclean is a Private school that serves grades PK-6