Posted May 17, 2015
Oakcrest School, in McLean, Virginia, is an independent all-girls school guided by the teachings of the Catholic church for students grades 6-12. We have an Oakcrest grad and a rising 12th grader (we're not Catholic and that is okay!) and we've been so happy with the school. The academics are challenging yet manageable for all types of students. The small class size is advantageous. There is an AP curriculum in the upper school, strong liberal arts, STEM courses, theater, art, debate and chorus to name a few. Athletics for girls so inclined include lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, track, swimming and tennis. There are two theatrical performances a year for thespians. The spirit of service, virtue, community and faith are evident every day in the halls of Oakcrest!

Posted April 29, 2015
Oakcrest is the ideal place to find not just an excellent education for your daughter, but also where she will have the nurturing and support during and after school to advance as a valuable member of society. One of my daughters was a student at Oakcrest for 3 years, the best school I could have found for her.

Posted November 17, 2014
I attended Oakcrest School starting in 9th grade and graduated in '13. After my first 3 semesters of college I cannot even begin to thank Oakcrest for what it taught me. I am very happy with my university (which I was very well prepared for) but most days I wish I were back at Oakcrest. To be honest, you must be a certain type of person to truly value the school. For me, as a protestant, I was immersed in the catholic belief. The Opus Dei aspects of the religion are all around you at the school but it never made me uncomfortable. I was not the only protestant/non-religious girl and a majority of us did not view the spiritual elements as a negative. I cannot thank Oakcrest enough for teaching me how to be a lady. Some teachers were tough, but hey that's life. However, some teachers (Ms. Salls/Mrs. Hanssen) really encouraged me to be a better person. Oakcrest doesn't just deliver you a great education, it teaches you how to live in a different way. It is a safe environment to get a glimpse of the real world and evolve. Everyday I thank my parents and Oakcrest teachers for making me into the woman I am today.

Posted October 11, 2014
Oakcrest is a wonderful school. My daughter started in the sixth grade and is now a senior. The academics are rigorous and I feel my daughter is very well prepared for college. She even has to write and present a senior thesis before graduation and is applying to most competitive colleges. In the past few years, Oakcrest graduates have gone to some of the top schools in the country: Princeton, MIT, Stanford, UVA, Johns Hopkins, Notre Dame, William and Mary, etc. However, Oakcrest is not just about academics. The spiritual and character formation my daughter receives is preparing her to go out into the real world. I truly believe she is well prepared to stand for what is right. I cannot thank all the staff and faculty enough. It's been a wonderful seven years.

Posted July 23, 2014
Oakcrest was wonderful. As an alumna, I feel that the school truly provided an excellent foundation for all aspects of life. The teachers were dedicated to our personal and academic growth. I would pick Oakcrest again in a heartbeat!

Posted May 07, 2014
Oakcrest is a wonderful school. My daughter arrived in 9th grade, and even though she didn't know anyone there, she immediately fit right in with the girls there. Within a month or so, she felt like she had been there since 6th grade! The school administration is excellent, and the academics rigorous. What we especially appreciate is that they teach more than just the academics. Their focus is also on helping each girl develop into the best person she can be. They truly care about your daughter. In general, this is a wonderful, nurturing school with excellent academics and a very welcoming environment for both students and parents. No elitist attitudes here; all are welcome. The girls, as well as the faculty and parents, look out for and help each other. It is truly an exceptional school.

Oakcrest School 1

Posted April 19, 2014
Oakcrest school is good for girls who have been in private school there whole life, is catholic, and white otherwise if you are a young girl who is any other race and not rich or catholic then you will have Catholicism forced on your daughter and it will be hard to make friends. coming from a public school Oakcrest was pretty pathetic it -had cheap lockers -the cafeteria was the gym -the teachers were rude when the parents back was turned -small amount of clubs -you will be looked at as weird if you step out of line my experience was awful thankfully i was allowed to change schools that year i was a loner this year i have more friends after leaving please don't send your daughter unless you want her to become a clone of every other girl there

Posted February 26, 2014
Oakcrest is a one-of-a-kind school. Support is given to your daughter academically and socially. The administration and teachers are truly vested in getting the best out of your daughter and helping her realize her potential. The education (academically, in sports, and in theatre) our daughter has received exceeds what she received in local diocesan schools. She loves the freedom she gets to express herself and has the support from classmates and teachers. Our daughter can be herself and is realizing she can be whatever she wants to be in life. Oakcrest is truly vested in seeing our daughter succeed and live up to her potential. The teachers are truly exceptional and the administration is forward-thinking. Parents are involved, but in a way that benefits everyone. There are no cliques of parents. I have felt accepted by everyone. By the way, Oakcrest will be breaking ground very soon (in a couple of months) at their new site, at the corner of Hunter Mill Rd. & Crowell Rd. by the Dulles Toll Rd. in the Vienna/Reston area.

Posted February 26, 2014
As a parent, Oakcrest has been a fantastic environment for my daughter. The faculty provides not only fantastic instruction of a rigorous curriculum, but are also women of solid character. These teachers help the students grow into confident, strong and articulate young women who will contribute something positive to society. The school's academic credentials speak for themselves (do the research!); the other facets of our Oakcrest experience have been fantastic.

Posted February 13, 2014
We are yet to see another school like Oakcrest where all the girls are seen as individuals with great talents and potential to excel in whatever it is that they are interested it in. Oakcrest tailors to the overall character building and spiritual growth of each girl while allowing them the freedom to express themselves. Oakcrest is worth every penny and a good investment of which it's fruits last forever. The faculty are accessible and always willing to meet one on one with each girl and the principal of the school is such a perfect example for the girls of how to be humble but outspoken and successful in life.

Oakcrest School