Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My kids had a terrible experience at Langley. I will NOT send my youngest child to LHS. Most teachers are not good teachers at all. There is NO school spirit. There are high expectations with NO support for the students. There is a lot of pressure on the students, this is not healthy. There is NO survelliance in the school, your kid can be easily exposed to bullism, alcohol and drugs.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Many teachers should not be there, many should not be teachers at all. They do not teach, they assign a lot of homework and they do check it at all.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much in certain subjects, too little in others. It depends on the teachers. Many teachers do not even grade the assignments.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I totally disagree. It is the exact opposite, a lot of peer pressure and teachers who cannot care less.

Langley is a high school that will reward you for studying hard. I discovered that when I started to do that in March of this year. The only reason why I don't give it a 5 is because of the slow renovations (however, the new wing is awesome).

I want to start off by saying that I had high hopes for Langley and I have been thoroughly disappointed. Teachers have very obvious biases while grading. They often ignore the students who are not at the top academically. It is very hard to come from a normal place where parents make five figure salaries and have friends from middle-class or lower-income families and adjust to a place where people have no value for money. I will admit that this school prepares you will for college. However, I feel you can get the same training at other schools like South Lakes or Annandale as long as you take more AP or honors courses. You will likely also be able to indulge in an environment with much more diversity than Langley. Cliques are ubiquitous and is something that many of my friends have had to deal with. The students who write 5 star reviews are all likely part of the cliques at Langley that everyone knows about. All I have left to say is that I am glad to be leaving this school after this year.

I am in 2015 graduating class. If your mom is not part of the in crowd, you will not be selected. This school has cliques all over from parents to teachers to coaches to kids. A regular kid will never fit in. Certain students parents became friends with teachers and there was clear biases for grades, etc. I don't recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to learn about values. This school sucks for the average kid.

When it comes to those who gave this school a 1 star review, I can't understand if you even attended the school . While some of these points are valid, Langley is no different than any other high school in this country. That is to say, its merely an opportunity. It just so happens that the standards for "greatness" are much higher here than any other school. If you sit around an don't put your best effort, its clear that you will get what you deserve. I feel sorry for students who feel "entitled" to an education like a chicken dinner on a silver platter. This is PUBLIC education. No one is going to push you harder than yourself. If you want to be average and feel good, go to a private school. Frankly, as a class of 2014 grad, I feel blessed to have attended a school that gave me a chance to push myself harder than before. One can't learn and push themselves if they are being held back by the system. Langley eliminates that barrier. In this environment, you have the chance to push yourself to the limit. Unfortunately, those that sit around and blame teachers/instructors for their lack of success need to wake up and smell the reality. If you don't want it, you won't get it. Grow up

School is going through a renovation. Renovation is late and behind schedule. AC in school is blasting cold on one side, hot on other side, and filled with moldy smell. Bunch of trailers on parking lot. Same problem in trailers, hot or cold, no room for coats when it rains. Bathrooms are falling apart. Really sucks to have to go to this school this year.

I am a male student here who comes from a regular middle class home. I am not popular but am able to find friends and "my people" because it is a large school (2,000+).A lot of the reviews up here are somewhat bogus. I have never seen a student get harassed because of their family's financial situation. Yeah a lot of people have money and there is a group of country club dwelling snobs, but for the most part as long as you are positive and treat peers and teachers with respect it will be fine. Yes, there are kids here that care about things besides themselves, money and clothes. It helps to play a sport but there are many other activities that are welcome to all you just have to have courage to show up. I think the school is very culturally diverse we don't have a lot of black kids but their are kids and family from all over the world and I hear different languages in the halls all the time. Academics are rough and there is a lot of pressure, but if you can make it at Langley you will be able to deal with all kind of people and scenarios.

Last modified Langley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.