Mechanicsville Elementary School 4

Posted February 03, 2014
The office staff is not friendly and they do not acknowledge you when you walk in the door. I dread coming into the school, because I have to go into the office. Like said previously by other parents, I've stood there for several minutes before the staff asked if I needed help. THat's my only complaint.

Posted June 28, 2011
The teachers love my kids! The school is a great place to be. I am proud to have my family be a part of this community. I do wish the art, pe, and technology programs were stronger. Overall, it's a good place!

Mechanicsville Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
The faculty and staff provide our children with an excellent education as well as life skills and lessons to ensure they are productive and successful in all future endeavors.

Posted October 07, 2009
I do not agree with the behavioral contract that they go by in kindergarten. My son is so focused on what color day that he has received, he can't remember anything that he has learned.

Posted June 06, 2009
MES offers small classes and high quality teachers. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and administration at the school!

Mechanicsville Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2009
I have to agree with several of the previous reviews. The office staff really are rude and don't care what kind of business you have there. I am NEVER greeted when I walk in and have stood there waiting several minutes before I was even noticed, in fact it was the gym coach that came in and helped me not the staff. I have a large gap between my 2 children and when Mrs. Meeks and Mr. Fudge were principals I never felt more welcomed in a school. You could tell that they cared and in turn their office staff cared. They took the time to greet each and every parent when exiting an assembly and initialed every report card. Since the new principal several years ago service and the warm welcomed feeling has long gone. The teachers and other staff are extreamly nice and I like them alot.

Posted October 23, 2008

Mechanicsville Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2008
I must first agree with one of the previous reviews.. administration is horrible, very rude, do not greet you promptly and could care less about your business at the school! But on the other had, the Teachers are wonderful. I have a K & 2nd grader and they love to go to school. I thought at first the curriculum was a bit overwhelming but I understand the challenge and because of that my kids have gained a wealth of knowledge.

Posted June 09, 2008
Teacher is the only saving grace of this school. Administrators can't wait to get your kid of an IEP and are very rude. All they care about is passing the SOL. They teach to the test and nothing else. Can't wait to relocate and have my 3rd grader get a quality education!

Posted July 31, 2007
I have a 1st and 5th grader that attends MES and I must say my first impression of this school was not that great but as the school year progressed I was amazed at how much my 5th grader grew a passion to learn more and my 1st grader was more willing to take on educational challenges that MES offered her, which boosted her confidence as well. I am very happy with their no bully tolerance policy, their online study programs that helps gives good testing practice, the teachers were very knowledgable about my kids progress; I often notified by email, note or call regarding any changing status. I would recommend MES to anyone. Thanks Ms. Petko and Ms. Tapper

Mechanicsville Elementary School
7425 Mechanicsville Elem Drive, Mechanicsville, VA  23111
Last modified Mechanicsville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mechanicsville Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top