No rating

Notre Dame Academy

Private | 9-12

Living in Middleburg

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $550,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,630.

Posted Friday, September 12, 2014

I was bullied at Middleburg Academy the first week I started. Other students had reported to the Dean of Students as well as the Assistant Head of School that they had witnessed the bullying was going on as did I. The Dean of Students as well as the Assistant Head of School decided to resolve the bullying they would "withdrawal" me from Middleburg Academy on my 3rd week, instead of handling the real problem and dealing with the bullies. I will say the teachers were very nice and great at teaching, and the Director of Admissions as well as the Head of School is extremely kind and goodhearted. So the school does have some excellent faculty members in my opinion, other than the ones mentioned above. I feel this school would have been a great fit for me if their had been no bullying and certain faculty members carried out punishment in a more appropriate way. I don't discourage you to send your child there, but I do have to say if your child will be in the class of 2016 then I would highly not recommend it, that is the only class that had and continues to have the major bullies and bullying issues going on in it. Hope this review will help you make the best decision for your child.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 24, 2014

With the new headmaster the school is going down hill. He is ruining everything in it from students to staff. Stay away from this school

Posted May 11, 2014

I'm a junior at the burg right now but this is my last year here. the new headmaster is ruining the school and i'm out. I would have recomended it in the past, but not now. stay away
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 20, 2009

Our son is a sophomore and had a great freshman year last year despite all of the turmoil in the administration. The teachers care for the students, they communicate well and anytime I have a question/concern they are quick to answer my questions. Ms. Elizabeth Murray the new head of school has great 'ENERGY' and she brings a wealth of knowledge from her past experiences. She will be the visionary and leader to take NDA to great heights. We are excited to be a part of the renewing and rebuilding of the school. I highly recommend this school if you are looking for a place where your child will shine and be the best that they can be. We are looking to put our son in a tier one college and feel very confident that he is getting all that he needs to accomplish this goal.

Posted May 25, 2009

Our son is very happy at this school. His sister will be joining the freshman class in September and can't wait to be part of NDA. The campus is beautiful, the atmosphere is wonderful and the faculty is outstanding. Almost the entire faculty is returning to NDA in the fall. The school ceases to be Catholic at the end of the 2008-2009 academic year. The school is thriving under the leadership of the new head of school Libbi Murray. Students at NDA benefit from small class sizes and have 100% college acceptance. NDA students have been accepted into colleges such as Yale, Cornell, Georgetown University, The University of Virginia, The College of William and Mary, The Corcoran College of Art and Design and The Naval Academy. The school has a no cut policy in athletics and a number of students will graduate this year and play college athletics. There are wonderful Visual and Performing Arts programs. We enjoy the feeling of community at NDA and are happy that we chose this school for our children s education.

Posted March 24, 2009

I was as student there for 4 years and loved it. The academics were great as were all the teachers and staff. I was more than prepared for college in all aspects, I hope to send my children there when they are old enough. Highly recommend.

Posted February 14, 2009

My son is now a sophomore at NDA and he loves the school, its academic challenges and the ability to play in top notch sports. The quality of the faculty, coaches and staff and the culture they create are the keys to success. Walk through the halls and see the respect the kids have for each other. Look at the colleges the kids are going to: Yale, Notre Dame, Navy, UVA, William & Mary, Univ of MD to name a few. The new Head of School is fantastic and is provides a tremendous amount of positive energy for both faculty and students. The best thing to do is go visit the campus and check it out for yourself.

Posted January 9, 2009

We have been thrilled from the school since day one. My son is now a sophomore and excelling in academics as well as athletics. Due to his consistently high scores on the PSATs and other standardized tests, my son has been receiving emails and mail from many top colleges since his Freshman year. In addition to extra attention he receives from top teachers (many hold doctorates and masters degrees in their fields), my son is receiving wonderful coaching in his chosen sport. Several parents, who were disappointed when Notre Dame Academy decided to break away from the Catholic Church and become a non-denominational, independent school, decided to make it their new mission to bash the school in the press and public eye. I believe, that with their new leadership in place and their dedication to providing a college preparatory education for above average children, Notre Dame Academy will continue to thrive.

Posted October 3, 2008

This school was a grave disappointment. We had our child enrolled only one year. We were disappointed both in academics and athletic programs as well as extra-curricular programs. It seems the school is designed to have kids get good grades, yet not keep pace with other private schools or top public school districts. The class sizes are small and that is good. There is tremendous turnover in teachers from year to year, so I am afraid they lack consistency in knowledge transfer from year to year. Notre Dame doesn t keep up to the standards one would expect from a top college prep High School. On the positive side, they did have some good teachers who seemed to care about the kids and were dedicated to teaching. However, but the school suffers from erratic leadership. We found the school leadership to be untrustworthy.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

35321 Notre Dame Ln