Middleburg, VA

Foxcroft School 1

Posted July 02, 2014
I thought the same thing about this school until I sent my girl here. The campus is beautiful the student body diverse. However, its not enough. For kids of color or those not financially affluent this place tends to alienate. The diversity in the student body is incredible but the diversity in the faculty is not matching. The only people working there who are of color are the "help". There is one new teacher who is very young, inexperienced and not a strong advocate. Students are not learning to embrace who they are but are told how they should be. The lessons in social interaction are also absent. Where the girls could really use some guidance and thoughtful conversation about complicated social stuff that goes on-manipulative students whose parents are Senators or have their own jets are appeased and those without means must know their place or get shown the door. They correct them without informing the parents of what is happening which impedes resolution/support. Not the example I want for my child. This was my experience and I want to share both sides. If you want your daughter being expected to keep her head down and be thankful for the opportunity - send her to Foxcroft!

Posted March 06, 2009
What an exceptional community Foxcroft provides! My daughter could not have had a better high school experience in terms of both academics and personal development! Top-notch all the way!!!

Posted April 07, 2006
One of the best experiences academically and otherwise that a parent can give her child. Go and see it for yourself!

Posted February 23, 2004
This is the most wonderful school for girls that I have known. My daughter started here after being somewhat broken down by her former school. She was uncertain of her capabilities and basic self-worth. The faculty and administration turned this shy wallflower into an amazing leader of her peers and launched her future academic career into orbit. There are teachers at this school that my daughter considers her life-long mentors. Mrs. Leapheimer is an amazing headmistress and my personal role model.

Foxcroft School